All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ghouls n Ghosts
Ghouls n Ghosts Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Luigimaker 93,900 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
2 Mame Offender 79,000 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
3 ExedExes 70,600 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
4 Yung-Jedi 69,700 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
5 KRC 39,600 KRC's Hi-Score Entry
6 GimmeClassics 25,900 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
7 Fallout_002 18,500 Fallout_002's Hi-Score Entry
8 wolfman24 16,600 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
9 hansolo77 15,800 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
10 rtkiii 12,200 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 03-14-2019

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Ghouls 'n Ghosts:

ROMSet: ghouls
Service Mode: Off
Unused: Off [All]
Flip Screen: Off
Allow Continue: No
Game Mode: Game
Difficulty: 4 [Normal]
Bonus Life: 30K, 60K and every 70K
Cabinet: Upright 1 Player
Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!

--> Note: Make sure to change "Allow Continue" to "No". The other settings match the default game settings.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings

~ GC

• Like 1

Both Tetris The Grand Master and Ghouls 'n Ghosts have received 8 votes in last Month's poll ! Tetris The Grand Master will be our Game of the Month of August. As it was a straight tie we've decided to also add Ghouls 'n Ghosts to our competition !

Have fun everyone :)

• Like 1

My experience for this game comes from Super Ghouls N Ghosts (SNES & Game Boy Advance), a totally different game, not nearly as brutal as this, but lots of the same gameplay elements.

First 2 stages no problem. 3rd stage, yeah.

ExedExes - 35,600

post-25936-0-04413500-1407557019_thumb.p

I used to love this game in the arcade as a kid.

"Dad, can I have some more quarters?! C'mon please?!"

dips per rules, no cont.

Yung-Jedi 55,700

post-26673-0-30357300-1407566998_thumb.j

I made it to the third board. The first two boss3s are relatively easy.

Dip switches at default w/o continues.

Welcome back MO :) Nice score on this tough game :blink: . Second place on the GnG board :ph34r:

My experience for this game comes from Super Ghouls N Ghosts (SNES & Game Boy Advance), a totally different game, not nearly as brutal as this, but lots of the same gameplay elements.

First 2 stages no problem. 3rd stage, yeah.

ExedExes - 35,600

This is a brutal game indeed :mellow: . Nice score though. Third place on the GnG board ;)

I used to love this game in the arcade as a kid.

"Dad, can I have some more quarters?! C'mon please?!"

dips per rules, no cont.

Yung-Jedi 55,700

Are you still using quarters on your custom cab ;) ? Or do play these games using a keyboard / controller like me ?

50K+ score earns you the first spot on the GnG board. Nice ! B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

Hi Gimme,

Custom cab all the way baby! Lit coin doors and all!

Joystick can lock into either 4-way or 8-way, depending on the game, it's super nice, I'd highly recommend (if you ever go cabinet route).

I gotta get up in a few hours and baby sit my son.

my wife is going to snap it off, if I do not get to bed soon.

Yung-Jedi 69,700

(I didn't get screen cap in time on initial entry screen this go around, so I had to wait for attracter high score thing to pop up, that's why she looks a bit goofy, same game)

post-26673-0-28955500-1407570937_thumb.j

• Like 3

Hi Gimme,

Joystick can lock into either 4-way or 8-way, depending on the game, it's super nice, I'd highly recommend (if you ever go cabinet route).

Yung-Jedi 69,700

(I didn't get screen cap in time on initial entry screen this go around, so I had to wait for attracter high score thing to pop up, that's why she looks a bit goofy, same game)

Maybe one day I'll own a custom cab. Would be a dream come true ^_^ I don't know for sure however if I have the skills to build a cab myself :wacko:...I would definitely need good resources !

Nice improvement YJ ! Solid first place.

...Gimme :huh:<_< ?....the name is GC -_- LOL :P

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 2

GC,

I hear ya on the cabinet building skills, I don't have em either, MNMax21 hooked me up big time, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. He can make you an amazing custom cab, he is smart and handy as hell. Not sure if he delivers to Netherlands though! HA! Take care buddy!

• Like 1

GC,

I hear ya on the cabinet building skills, I don't have em either, MNMax21 hooked me up big time, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. He can make you an amazing custom cab, he is smart and handy as hell. Not sure if he delivers to Netherlands though! HA! Take care buddy!

Thanks man ! Very nice of MNMax21 to help you out and also introduce your to our Hi-Score Forum :)

When I would build my own cab I could definitely use help like that ;) Oh well...one day I'll have my own kick-ass cabinet B)

• Like 1

Maybe one day I'll own a custom cab. Would be a dream come true ^_^ I don't know for sure however if I have the skills to build a cab myself :wacko:...I would definitely need good resources !

Same! I'm good at a lot of things, but electronics is my thing - NOT cabinet/woodwork. I wish i was good at that kind of thing but i just have never been in a situation where i needed, or got used to them skills. :wacko: Electronics however i have had plenty of opportunity :P

• Like 2

Hi Gimme,

Yung-Jedi 69,700

Nice effort, YungJedi! Top spot.

• Like 1

Im working on that 3rd board. Precise timing necessary.

Nice improvement MO :) You've been quite active posting scores the last few days ! Thank you for enthusiasm MO :) I really appreciate it !

I've been playing this game a few times and I'm still trying to post a decent score. Tough game for sure :blink:

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

The last few days there have been quite a few hi-score submissions ! We want to thank you all for your enthusiasm and active participation :)

We really appreciate it ! It motivates us to update our competition every day and try to improve our hi-score forum ;)

~ The HS Team

• Like 3

Very Weak entry but i is a start. I like the game but man when you get a bad weapon you are screwed. Stupid AX!

Weird...having troubles uploading a 200kb file. - anyone else?

Weird...having troubles uploading a 200kb file. - anyone else?

Believe it or not, this very topic is currently being discussed in the VIP forum. The forums are being upgraded and new user groups are being created. There may be a glitch somewhere having to do with your user group. It's being investigated.

That being said, I think the HS team agrees with me that we will have to postpone accepting scores until such a time that this issue is resolved so we can visually confirm the scores posted are legit. Of course, if you can post score images, we'll still accept those!

Thanks everybody for your patience!

• Like 1

Update..

Might still be in discussions, but it looks like unregistered GameEx users have been eliminated from having upload capabilities. You can still submit scores though, you'll just have to post on a 3rd party website (dropbox, imageshack, photobucket, etc) and link the image here. Another thing you can do is register your name with the GameEx Online feature, Draco says that will work as well.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Or look for broken down arcade cabinets. I found a Dig Dug Cabinet and converted into a custom designed one. If I can do it I think any one can...my patience with building things is lacking and I loved doing my own. It is a whole different feeling when you are doing something because you want to...no because you have too(like home repair)

• Like 1