All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Real PinMAME DMD in PinballX - Beta Attached

Tom Speirs

I just uploaded the latest and greatest which fixes issues with media when game descriptions contain invalid characters. e.g AC/DC should work now.

It should be ready for release now.

Note: The selected game scales and scrolls up quicker now as I disabled playfield video loading until the wheel had finished animating. Even on powerful systems this could result in dropped frames previously. eg not smooth. Its only been increased by 15% and looks good to me and no more stuttering on some videos loading.

• Like 1

Sorry had to run on a service call for work :( when I get back will provide a log. But until then.. Pinballx loads I use flipper to scroll through games and pinballx completely crashes out after 2-3 scrolls through menu.

Windows 7x64

Log later

New Version:

- PinballX Download Service. Automatically import media in the gamelist manager from the FTP.

And you will like this Randr, it also fixes the gamelist manager truncating large lists. So you can use it now, although there is still a limit on number of items.

• Like 1

I just uploaded the latest and greatest which fixes issues with media when game descriptions contain invalid characters. e.g AC/DC should work now.

It should be ready for release now.

Note: The selected game scales and scrolls up quicker now as I disabled playfield video loading until the wheel had finished animating. Even on powerful systems this could result in dropped frames previously. eg not smooth. Its only been increased by 15% and looks good to me and no more stuttering on some videos loading.

2014/08/23 1:30PM EST RC - Thanks for the fix for invalid filename characters. Can't fix the filenames but turning on Enable File Matching works for tying AC/DC to its proper media files.

Ran last evening's RC in attract mode all night. No crashes.

My cab is not networked, but I can see it being a damn use full tool though.

So I have been testing this mornings build and it is still good and stable for me with no problems at all.

Did notice I am still limited to 10 custom systems though.

Noticed odd behavior with latest version favoring like names table/backglass videos over properly named images!

Example

Fire! Williams(1987) was name but this latest version put fireball video in menu instead. Renaming files fixed issue but was not an issue before