All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Database Question

Phantom

Hi everyone,

After surviving a move and then a flood a year ago, I'm finally getting my cab back in shape.

I used to have everything pretty much working but along the way I lost lots of my custom settings and have had to re-learn alot.

Right now I'm dealing with the Karaoke section of my cab.

I have a custom setup using Karafun. I have Game Ex list all my songs and then once I pick one it launches Karafun.

The problem I now have is that I used to be able to use a Database file (MdB) that I created to sort songs by artist, title, category etc....

I don't know what happened but that MDB file doesn't seem to do anything anymore.

I know Game Ex now uses DB3 files but I'm not sure how to use those or if I have to.

The way my Songs are formatted is

ARTIST @ SONG TITLE.ZIP

Then in the mdb file I used the GOODMERGE,PUBLISHER and other fields to organize the songs in GAME EX. It used to work so not sure what I messed up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

PS: Lets not pay attention to the song selection ok.... I have lots of people to entertain... mostly woman!

post-784-0-56859100-1405360625_thumb.png

So you have it set up as an 'emulator' then? This should work assuming youre using goodname as opposed to goodmerge, and you have the selected database in the proper selection in the emulator setup.

Also make sure your mdb contains the new structure, best to use a current one and set yours up in it so it matches the layout exactly. I think we may have added a couple new columns since the move to db3.

And yes, it should still read mdb just fine.

+1, as sad as that is. Lol! But don't worry, I wouldn't sing any of them. I wouldn't want your guests ears to bleed.

I probably have about 90% of them on vinyl. ;)