All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Best Buy 7-8-14 only,Xbox 360 Wireless Controller with Transforming D-pad

tthurman

Well worth the price, I have 4 and a wired one already or I would jump on it.

Make sure you order the wireless receiver for your PC if youre gonna use it with Windows, the cable it comes with is only for charging. ;)

• Like 1

Okay, so this one would be considered better than the standard PC version, even having to shell out a extra $20 for the wireless PC adapter.

What a coincidence that we just had been discussing this in Mike Fishcake's thread!

Now to get one or two?

Okay, so after some reading, the description of the ones at BB shows:

"Special-edition matte silver color and premium button design offer high-performance play"

and a little further looking shows that was a 2010 model. These are actually going for more over at Amazon, around $90 I think is what I saw. Seems the batteries may be getting a bit suspect depending on where they've been stored.

Amazon version shows as released in 2012.

Not sure how acurate the BB description is, but I went with a pair fom Amazon. The scary part is the PC wireless adapter, apparently these are in short supply, and dsicontinued by MS. They don't show at their store, and the ones at Amazon are either out there knockoffs, or apparently sourced elsewhere. I ordered what I best could determine was the actual prodcut, but it appears getting a PC version of the controller that includes the reciever is the most sure bet.

Anyway, I wasn't aware of this, and would have waited until I actaully need them to find this out.

Fastest free shipping ever from Amazon, at least for me. I got this stuff yesterday!

I can see why people are saying the wireless adapter is a knockoff.

post-8419-0-02863100-1405187832_thumb.jp

It is either a OEM pack that was never intended to be sold individually, or it is. Most MS stuff has the halographic stickers on it, this doesn't. I'll have to plug it up and give it a go. The controllers are solid feeling, and with a AA rechargable pack, and the extended play NiMH pack, I'm really glad I picked these up. Always should be easy to fall back to the AA's.

Excellent call, as soon as I plugged it in it was recognized, and went straight for Windows update and updated driver without any user intervention.

It seems the days for buying genuine models in the US may be numbered too. Glad I grabbed it at $20.

For anyone else that may be in the market, this was sold by Lighting Modz and Fulfilled by Amazon.