All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Cabinet night mode

neohusky

Hi All

Just wondering how you guys with feedback toys in your cabinets are handling 'night mode' ie the DOF config no feedback files.

You could enable/disable the feedback by swapping the config files using FPLaunch in hyperpin. Is there something built into PinballX that I've missed?

Personally I use a physical switch that cuts ground from the ledwiz.

Tom, the nightmode in hyperpin is a hotkey that acts as a software "switch" that swaps between two ini files (directoutputconfig.ini and directoutputconfig.nofeedback.ini).

This turns off the noisier "toys" (shaker, knocker, gear-motor, contactors ect) for a more stealth experience.

The LEDWiz config tool is used to generate the two .ini files.

Neohusky I do not know of anything baked into PinballX for this but it could be done with AHK easy enough, however you never know tom may do it?.

rockyrocket: I considered a physical switch but opted for the lazy software solution and now with the switch to PinballX I'm missing. A sleeping baby in the house means no more pinball...at least not for now.

Tom:

If you haven't yet added feedback toys to your cab your in for a real surprise. It will add another level or realism and a hefty hit to your pocket.

Checkout rockyrocket's suggestion for the config tool for a list of toys currently supported.

It would be awesome if you could add main menu toggle for night/stealth mode that swapped/renamed the files to enable/disable the feedback.

Neo if you need a solution to get you up and running check out the ahk script in the unity 3d thread....

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13919-unity3d-pinball-alpha-and-pinballx/

This does similar to swap out the dll files.

Need to get up early so need to sleep, but if you had two folders one called "feedback" and one called "no-feedback" each containing a directoutputconfig.ini you could set a hot key up to use filecopy ect as in the thread above.

something like...

ABC::FileDelete, C:\path to\directoutputconfig.ini ; may not need to do this?
FileCopy, C:\path to\no-feedback\directoutputconfig.ini, C:\path to Dof\

And then another hotkey to reverse it back

You may not even need to delete the old one first I do not remember

Hope that is somewhat helpfull.

Geez, this stuff's getting out of hand lol. Seems like the options are never ending! I just have a 2 screen woodrail cab so I can play with my desktop next to it. :)

I'm kind of kidding, but I'm really surprised how much people are putting into this. My wife was wrong, apparently pinball DOES make the world go round. :P Told her....

Just tested this on my desktop, but not in my cab yet but it switches/renames the files just fine.

If you have two folders in the root of your DOF folder one named "Feedback" and the other called "No Feedback" ( yeah I know) with the correct .INI`s inside and also place the ahk file here too you should be golden (assuming you have AHK installed)

You can change the hotkeys to whatever you like but as a demo I chose "A" for feedback and "B" for nightmode,

If you create a shortcut to the AHK file and place it into your start-up folder it it should well start up with windows :) .

#SingleInstance force#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.A::FileCopy, %A_ScriptDir%\Feedback\directoutputconfig.ini, %A_ScriptDir% , 1B::FileCopy, %A_ScriptDir%\No Feedback\directoutputconfig.nofeedback.ini, %A_ScriptDir%\directoutputconfig.ini, 1

EDIT, just tested in my cab and is working.

The correct directory for the AHK/folders is... Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins\DirectOutput\config

NightMode.zip

If you do not want to have a hotkey to trigger the change and just prefer a shortcut to click, then attached are a couple of .exe`s.

Again place the Exe`s` in your Visual Pinball\Tables\plugins\DirectOutput\config folder with the appropriate INI`s inside the attached folders and then create some shortcuts.

This will only work for VP though, but for FP you could do the same by having two sets of LEDWiz_settings.ini in your tables folder then just edit your port settings in one?.

A FP set could be whipped up if needed?.

Hopefully the little ones can get some sleep now :) .

Nightmode Apps.zip

That's perfect! The only way to improve on it is to have it integrated into pinballx with a main menu toggle.

I've got 2 LedWIZ devices in my setup so I had to modify the script a little.

#SingleInstance force#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.A::FileCopy, %A_ScriptDir%\Feedback\directoutputconfig.ini, %A_ScriptDir% , 1FileCopy, %A_ScriptDir%\Feedback\directoutputconfig2.ini, %A_ScriptDir% ,1returnB::FileCopy, %A_ScriptDir%\No Feedback\directoutputconfig.nofeedback.ini, %A_ScriptDir%\directoutputconfig.ini, 1 FileCopy, %A_ScriptDir%\No Feedback\directoutputconfig.nofeedback2.ini, %A_ScriptDir%\directoutputconfig2.ini, 1return

I'm interested in using a switch to activate night mode. How is this achieved? Thanks

If this is your actual wiring

+12V ---> Toys ----> Ledwiz--->-12V

you wire it like this

+12V ---> Night and Daymode Toys (Flashers, Strobe, ...)---> Ledwiz ---> -12V

+12V ---> On/Off Switch ---> Only Daymode Toys (Solenoids, Knocker,...) ---> Ledwiz ---> -12V

The switch sits right behind the coindoor in my cab

The benefit of a hardware switch is that you can turn the nightmode on anytime and not only when starting a table

The con is that you have one more switch on your cab - but its quite easy to hide that switch

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just had a bit more of a play with this as I wanted to be able to turn just my shaker off as a "demi" nitemode.

This time it is run from a sub wheel and you get a short splash screen to indicate that the swap has taken place.

post-6857-0-80932400-1408982190_thumb.pn

#NoEnv  #SingleInstance forceSetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% Action = %1% 	;Variable from PinballXGosub, %Action%Nitemode-on:FileCopy, %A_ScriptDir%\No Feedback\directoutputconfig.nofeedback.ini, %A_ScriptDir%\directoutputconfig.ini, 1SplashImage, %A_ScriptDIR%\Night-mode on.png, BSleep, 1000SplashImage, OffExitAppNitemode-off:FileCopy, %A_ScriptDir%\Feedback\directoutputconfig.ini, %A_ScriptDir% , 1SplashImage, %A_ScriptDIR%\Night-mode off.png, BSleep, 1000SplashImage, OffExitApp

Again the exe and the images need to go into the config folder within dof, and I am using the settings below...

XML`s ect are attached - have fun.

post-6857-0-44480200-1408982432_thumb.pn

Nitemode.zip