All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Robotron: 2084

This is a tough game for me.

difficulty value 5 per new instructions.

Congrats to Today, that is nuts man.

Yung Jedi 223,575

trying to get on the board.

post-26673-0-73162100-1406960784_thumb.j

@ Tif: congratz winning this Game of the Month Edition ! Your hi-score will be hard to beat...but I like a challenge :)
Keep up the good work !!

I've sent you a PM with a special signature badge and of course you're are added to our GOTM Hall of Fame :)

This is a tough game for me.

difficulty value 5 per new instructions.

Congrats to Today, that is nuts man.

Yung Jedi 223,575

trying to get on the board.

Nice score though YJ ! I had a hard time beating the 100K :wacko: ....I really need some practice with this game :D

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

I'm sure a lot of you will get a higher score than that. I'm not particulary good at Robotron. Just one of those games i can't truly figure out. Havent touched this in a long time but my personal best is wave 51 which i did a few years ago in the RetroLeague. Might seem good but the difficulty ramps up quite a bit through each series of waves (every 10 levels). My hat goes off to those who loop it. Also makes me feel like poo since this area of genre is my forte. Sad face.

I'm sure a lot of you will get a higher score than that. I'm not particulary good at Robotron. Just one of those games i can't truly figure out. Havent touched this in a long time but my personal best is wave 51 which i did a few years ago in the RetroLeague. Might seem good but the difficulty ramps up quite a bit through each series of waves (every 10 levels). My hat goes off to those who loop it. Also makes me feel like poo since this area of genre is my forte. Sad face.

Wave 51 :o .... That's amazing ! How many levels do you have to beat to loop it btw ?

• 2 weeks later...

Man, when you get on a roll, you can pile up a bunch of men quickly, especially with those 5k human rescues.

Here is my first submission:

Red/Yellow Label ( difficulty 5)

Gotta love those Williams tough games.

post-25790-0-97687000-1408421909_thumb.j

Are you saying there a noticeable different between Yellow Label Difficulty 5, and Blue Difficulty 5? Or that there is a noticeable difference between the two on their default settings?

That is info I received off of mame.072 program. I can definitely notice a difference. Mainly in the grunts. STEPHEN is right about the grunts. More numbers and more aggressive.

You guys are talking of yellow labels and black labels and platinums - is there some sort of Pokemon thing happnin' here baby or wut? The rules are clear, check post #1. It's all friendly here, remember? :) BTW did any FLC fans get what i did there?! :D

Nice score though man @MO

*Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 2 weeks later...

You've got to be kidding me... 300 points short of M.O.

I can confirm that I used the difficulty 5 settings for this run.

For most shooter-type games, I find I only watch my character out of the corner of my eye while I constantly scan the playfield for targets and points. The "position" of my character goes more on instinct and "feel".

That style doesn't work with Robotron, I find. My scores started to improve when I switched it up and started focusing my eyes on my character, and aiming out of the corner of my eye. The game field is so cluttered and claustrophobic that you have to make very fine maneuvers in order to survive. For me, it's just not possible to achieve the required level of precision unless I focus directly on my guy.

post-26250-0-77568100-1409159890_thumb.j

You've got to be kidding me... 300 points short of M.O.

I can confirm that I used the difficulty 5 settings for this run.

For most shooter-type games, I find I only watch my character out of the corner of my eye while I constantly scan the playfield for targets and points. The "position" of my character goes more on instinct and "feel".

That style doesn't work with Robotron, I find. My scores started to improve when I switched it up and started focusing my eyes on my character, and aiming out of the corner of my eye. The game field is so cluttered and claustrophobic that you have to make very fine maneuvers in order to survive. For me, it's just not possible to achieve the required level of precision unless I focus directly on my guy.

300 points short on a score of more than 250K....that's really something :blink:. Nice score though :)

Great review of Roboton btw ! It's a claustrophobic game indeed which requires you to focus directly on your character. Cool game though B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 3 weeks later...

some waves i play great and think that i have a chance of clocking the game and then it goes all out the window on the next wave.

Absolutely amazing :o ....As our Robotron GOTM Winner you've reclaimed your title ;) ....Great job Tif !!

Btw, I'd love to see a video of your Robotron game playing skills...If you allow us to learn from the master ;)

Cheers !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Absolutely amazing :o ....As our Robotron GOTM Winner you've reclaimed your title ;) ....Great job Tif !!

Btw, I'd love to see a video of your Robotron game playing skills...If you allow us to learn from the master ;)

Cheers !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

I can do that. Please keep in mind while my skills are ok. A seasoned robotron player might think them to be elementary.

Sniff.

• Like 2