All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Robotron: 2084

again, i thought, could this be the game? Figured some things out and then threw them all away.

included is an inp. I ran this on mamefx64 0.153 april 2014

Almost 1M points !! :o:o Amazing score !!

Thanks for sharing your INP. I'll definitely download MAME 0153...I'm excited to watch your gameplay video !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1 million on Robotron 5.

One of these times , if you happen to have a good stockpile of mèn at about 900k, you could have a marathon at your hands.

Robotron2084 -- Mastering the idea of control on the left and shot on the right simultaneously (multitasking more advanced than button mashing on a shooter per s`e.)

What a rush you get on this insane game!!

I tried f2 to alter the preset difficulty 3 on Blue Label Robotron. Didn't work. So I tried Shift + f2 and I was in.

Im not very happy with my second submission. Hope to improve !

Nice improvement M.O. :) I agree...if you're "in the zone" this game can really give you a rush B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of my favorite games, though I definitely can't compete with you lot.

Just beat my top score last week, I sadly entered the wrong initials and then sadly forgot that you can "Rub" in Robotron.

Murve%20Robotron.png

One of my favorite games, though I definitely can't compete with you lot.

Just beat my top score last week, I sadly entered the wrong initials and then sadly forgot that you can "Rub" in Robotron.

Murve%20Robotron.png

Hey Murv ! It's great to see you back competing :)

As for your score, I'm afraid we can't accept it :(...

We were perhaps a bit more indulgent in the past but due to a few issues we ran into with a certain member we unfortunately can no longer accept hi-score submissions without a correct snapshot. There is absolutely no reason to not trust your score but I hope you understand we have to treat each hi-score member the same.

We run a friendly hi-score competition and we don't expect members to record video or submit an INP-file or stuff like that. We do however use snapshots to associate the uploaded image with the hi-score member. I've noticed your correct initials are DLN. So we kindly request you to submit a snapshot with those initials. Of course I'm more than willing to add your second place score of 264K to our boards ;) ...just let me know and I'll update the Game Board.

I hope you understand ;)

~ GC / HS Team

• Like 1

Here's my score. Not bad considering I've never played the arcade version of this before. Some of these stages are overkill. Had a good run.

Score: 82,175

Initials: HAN

attachicon.gif0000.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

That's a decent run for sure considering you never played before.

Every 5th level, feast on humanoid points! And like Cynicaster said, try to focus on your character and shoot out of the corner of your eye. Guaranteed youll hit 100k.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my first submission so I don't know what I'm doing.

This is one of my favorite games growing up.

Score was 115,150

Difficulty changed to 5

I'm using compiled Mame 158

Those are some huge scores up there - wow!

post-8007-0-94030100-1425852004_thumb.jp

post-8007-0-86326800-1425852041_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Here's my first submission so I don't know what I'm doing.

This is one of my favorite games growing up.

Score was 115,150

Difficulty changed to 5

I'm using compiled Mame 158

Those are some huge scores up there - wow!

Very nice of you to join our competition Garetmax :)....you're very welcome to join our hi-score community !!

Btw, cool to see you're were succesful setting up the Hi-Score Snapper !

A very nice score to start your hi-score adventure ^_^ ...beating 100K at Robotron is very respectable...and you've beaten my 104K score.... <_<:P

I've sent you a PM with some additional info about our Hi-Score competition. I hope you enjoy our community Garetmax :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Thanks a lot. The scores gives me something to shoot for and improve my game. I won't be able to compete with those super high scores but this will be fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a better score for me on Robotron.

I've been playing more since I got that score and feel like I'm better but can't seem to get higher than that one.

STC

post-8007-0-64586500-1428274351_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Here's a better score for me on Robotron.

I've been playing more since I got that score and feel like I'm better but can't seem to get higher than that one.

STC

Nice improvement Garetmax B)

......I absolutely recognize the feeling you can do way better than your personal best but can't seem to beat it :wacko:...it's all about trial and error I guess ^_^

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 1 month later...

Hungry for some action, so I picked this one up. I was on a roll, but choked on the 17th. The cash registers wiped me out quickly.

Hungry for some action, so I picked this one up. I was on a roll, but choked on the 17th. The cash registers wiped me out quickly.

Should secure your position a bit more should Cyn return to this one :)

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...