All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Robotron: 2084

July 2014 GOTM Winner: TodayIsForgotten - 393,925 (link)   <- Boo, cheater and unsportsmanlike = ban!

Robotron: 2084
Robotron: 2084 Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Cynicaster 633,400 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
2 Mame Offender 446,800 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
3 ExedExes 363,075 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
4 stephen 335,550 stephen's Hi-Score Entry
5 Fallout_002 268,950 Fallout_002's Hi-Score Entry
6 murve33 264,800 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
7 Yung-Jedi 223,575 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
8 garetmax 142,800 garetmax's Hi-Score Entry
9 rtkiii 142,125 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
10 wolfman24 107,325
Last Updated by hansolo77: 07-24-2020

plus10.jpg

1. GimmeClassics - 104,275 (link)
  2. hansolo77 - 82,175 (link)
  3. millerbrad - 57,800 (link)

Scores below will (again) be added to the above hi-score table when we have received confirmation the correct difficulty setting has been used. Please click here for more info. Sorry for the inconvenience !!

helpman - 72,775 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Robotron 2084:

ROMSet: Robotron
Extra Man: Every 25000
Turns per Player: 3
Difficulty: 5
Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!
Notes: These are preset game settings, nothing needs changed! > The above game settings are correct but don't match the preset game settings. You've to change the difficulty setting to value 5. Please click here for info on how to change this. We ask you kindly to submit a (new) hi-score at the correct difficulty setting or reply to this thread and confirm you've been using the correct settings. Your hi-score will be added to the game's hi-score board when we have either received your confirmation or a new hi-score submission at the correct difficulty setting. Sorry for the inconvenience !!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > pending

-Han

I can't get my guy to move at all. anyone have any ideas or suggestions? i'm assuming he is suppose to move by the video preview of the game.

72.775 ... I agree, this game's crazy!

Nice first try helpman :)

It's a pretty crazy game indeed. Four control buttons for moving your character and four control buttons to shoot in each direction :blink:

I can't get my guy to move at all. anyone have any ideas or suggestions? i'm assuming he is suppose to move by the video preview of the game.

Default keyboard controls:

moving your character > E (up) / S (left) / D (down) / F (right)

shooting > I (Up) / J (left) / K (down / L (right)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

I just opened MAME and set one of my arcade joystick as movement and the other one as shooting :D

Open mame setup with TAB (or other key if you changed it), go to "this game controls" and set your keys :D

• Like 4

I just opened MAME and set one of my arcade joystick as movement and the other one as shooting :D

This is exactly how the original game controlled (with twin sticks). Having said that, I think this is one of those games where you would likely notice a huge difference between 8-way and 4-way sticks in terms of playability (the originals were 8-way).

• Like 1

thanks all, makes tons of sense, i like the idea of the the dual sticks, one for shoot, one for move, crazy stuff!

this game is really hard if you can't move at all, HA!

This one sounds an awful lot like SmashTV. I can walk you through the MAME control setup for this game over the phone Jedi. I did this same thing for SmashTV, because I was losing my mind with buttons.

• Like 2

This one sounds an awful lot like SmashTV. I can walk you through the MAME control setup for this game over the phone Jedi. I did this same thing for SmashTV, because I was losing my mind with buttons.

The similarity between Robotron and Smash TV is no coincidence, as Eugene Jarvis is behind both games.

I enjoy this one but I think both of these are higher than my previous high scores :) - ill be getting some practice in this weekend for sure!

• Like 1

This game makes me have a nervous break down.

Fun but absolutely mental.

Yung-Jedi 165,500

post-26673-0-55998300-1404456738_thumb.j

I was so close to the high score. So I decided to try again.

Wow. Big score there !!

....first place in this GOTM edition. Nice one Stephen :)

This is a tough game:

Yung-Jedi 237,700

...only 550 points more than ExedExes...almost too close to call ;)

The GOTM competition is about to get fierce !! I like it B) ....I'll try to join you guys :mellow:

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...