All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Games launch then close

Stephen92

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum but have used Gameex for a short while now.

I recently replaced my motherboard and therefor hard drive in my arcade machine and now no games will launch within Gameex. It looks to load and then returns to the game options screen. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

When reporting a possible GameEx bug or error, please ensure you submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini file so we may quickly assist you. Please refer to this link for additional information. Thanks!

I fully agree with Draco - please submit a copy of your log.txt and gameex.ini files.

Just by the sound of the issue though, and I could be wrong...I would check to see if your drive letter changed when you hooked your hard drive to the new motherboard. I had that happen once, and it changed my drive letter from "H" to "C" and ended up having to go back into the setup wizard and changing the paths. It was weird that it happened, but worked in the end.

Hope this helps! :-)

• Like 1

Hmm ... you've got a a few different things going on here in terms of arcade emulators. In your log you're launching MAME though, so let's get right to the most conspicuous issue I'm seeing in your setup:

mameexe=Sleep.exe

You've got your MAME executable set to look for Sleep.exe (which is likely mapped as part of your System Paths for Windows). At any rate, that one should point at mame.exe equivalent.

• Like 1

Please upload a new copy of your log and/or your config, so that we might take a look at what settings you changed and wherther we're still looking at the same issue.

One thing I noticed is that you still have a lot of the Demo media (gameplay videos, snaps, etc, included with GameEx for demonstration purposes) enabled on your machine (for Atari 5200, Super Nintendo, N64, and also MAME in this case). It should be noted that GameEx does not include any emulators or games with the frontend. The demo media that plays through the frontend is strictly for demonstration purposes, and will not launch an emulator from the frontend as such. If you try to launch a game from the demonstration media, it will behave exactly as you describe.

Edited by Draco1962
Topic locked - Apparently abandoned by OP
  • Like 2