All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PCSX2 Peeps

KRC

For some reason that doesn't work. It doesn't care. Whatever, I broke up with bonus anyway. I ran back to Launch and all is good with Stigz's fine tutorial. Except that I had to add "pcsx2-r5875" to the watch process line in the advanced emulator config so it would close after I press escape. That way I could load another game without exiting gameex to close the open console/emu. Stigz, you might want to add a line in the Tutorial about that.

Thanks guys.

Yer a star, Felix. I'd just recently re-setup my pcsx2 config and couldn't for the life of me figure out why PCSX2 wasn't closing upon Esc. It used to before!! Been all over PCSX2 settings and PCSXLunch settings and couldn't find it! Now I know :)

Will add it, Felix and glad topic was of some use.

Heh. This Lunch/Bonus fing is getting a bit like the coke/pepsi debate. Biggest drawback to lunch however is that it's no longer being developed as far as I can tell. :(

Yer a star, Felix. I'd just recently re-setup my pcsx2 config and couldn't for the life of me figure out why PCSX2 wasn't closing upon Esc. It used to before!! Been all over PCSX2 settings and PCSXLunch settings and couldn't find it! Now I know :)

Will add it, Felix and glad topic was of some use.

Heh. This Lunch/Bonus fing is getting a bit like the coke/pepsi debate. Biggest drawback to lunch however is that it's no longer being developed as far as I can tell. :(

Theres no debate here I was just having some sarcastic fun. :P Dazzle knows lol. Sucks to hear Lunch is no longer being improved.

Yeah it is pretty great when the framerate is solid. I get a few hiccups though when running that high so I just keep it at 1000x1000 it looks nice and doesn't rape my computer lol, I've had problems with my rumble in other controllers too but I never managed to fix the issue. I just got a hold of a 360 controller. :P Hope you feel well soon btw.

Oh, I thought I'd mention that with the PS3 controller using the Motioninjoy + Better DS3 driver configuration tool you can get force feedback/rumble to work in PCSX2. I thought I'd mention this in case anyone was wondering, or likes a PS3 controller better (like me). This thread talks about PS3 controller options too: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13402-using-a-ps3-controller-trouble/

Related links:

http://betterds3.ciebiera.net/

http://motioninjoy.en.uptodown.com/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Theres been an update to the pcsx2 homepage (which is somewhat rare) so I thought I'd bring it to peoples attention: http://pcsx2.net/

Seems like they're getting their s**t together I'm really pumped for a x64 build of PCSX2. :) Hopefully it'll help with those problemed games like the Rachet series and others. Im gonna give the latest git build a try and see if theres any noticable improvement with anything already.

I mean when you first start the installer. It asks for a data folder, and wines when one isn't found. It won't complete setup without it and doesn't explain WTF it is! She's really getting on my nerves.

I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875). I tried both version of PCSX2Bonus, neither will let me finish setup because it can't find the Data Directory [There is no data directory, that's why you can't find it...stupid!] and will not continue without it. I tried every subfolder, my other PCSX2 version 1.0, and the iso folder. She may have been attractive but she's as stupid as boarding an airplane back to front. I'm at my wits end. Please, if you can save our relationship, help.

Like I said, I point it to the folder where my PCSX2 emulator exe resides. Make your PCSX2 Data directory the same as your PCSX2 directory. That is what I've done and mine is working.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

For some reason that doesn't work for me. I did the same as you above, but it just throw the "could not find required folder" error.

As I've mentioned a couple times, I'm in the midst of overhauling all my emulator setups. As a result I'm finally getting around to taking PCSX2 Bonus for a spin. I just wanted to say that I encountered the same issue that you described here RIP-Felix (couldn't find Data directory), but I think I got'er licked. The trick is (at least in my case - probably yours too) that the PCSX2 data directory isn't found in the same directory as the PCSX2 executable. When I ran the initial configuration of PCSX2 1.2.1 it created a config directory completely separate from the executable directory. In my particular case it lodged itself into F:\Users\Aaron\Documents\PCSX2 (in other words, it's sitting in the 'My Documents' directory). The weird part is that at no point did I choose that directory (the Documents directory is for documents dammit! :lol:), but there you go. I'm guessing your setup wound up similar to mine (if you haven't completely given up on Bonus).

• Like 1

That's probably it. They don't say it does this and I didn't even know PCSX2 stored mem cards and etc elsewhere. Kind of annoying actually. At least now I know where to look for them when I go to copy the saves to another rig. I don't have any problem with launch, so I'll just stick with that. Stigz's tutorial made it easy.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW: If anyone is interested in using a PS3 controller on their PC, but don't want to hassle with MotioninJoy drivers there is this. I just picked one up for my arcade cab, as I'm tired of the wired dualshock I have. It didn't support rumble and this does. Plus it can be switched from D-input to X-input as needed by your emulators.

***EDIT***

The D-input mode supports up to 4 PS3 controllers simultaneously connected VIA one adapter. X-input mode emulates a 360 controller and only supports one controller at a time. Both have rumble function. Also, the pairing process is easy, just plug it in to the adapter's USB via the mini USB cord, then you hold the PS button for 10 seconds. Unplug and start playing. This makes it much easier to use 1 PS3 controller between your computer and PS3! Motioninjoy was so annoying I bought a second controller to dedicate to the computer. But this has no need for extra software to arbiturate the process, unless you want to calibrate the controllers initially of course, otherwise just plug in pair and play.

Also, if your interested Mayflash makes a Wii U pro controller adapter like this too. That's a pretty sweet controller, but as others have pointed out it's a 360 clone and the 360 already connects to the PC.

• Like 1