All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PCSX2 Peeps

KRC

Sounds like I need to be testing out my wireless 360 controllers! They couldn't have been more plug and play as far as the install process, plug em up, and away they go. Tom pointed out this in the deal of the day thread I posted. I installed the new one on my 8.1 (GameEx) box Friday, and the driver date was I believe March 14, but I didn't try any games yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be re-checking Bonus, as I know that's still being dev'd. Just hoping:

a) Can accommodate emu updates without having to re-do all the settings for each game

B ) You can batch process .exe production (think had probs with this before - but could be my dicky memory).

Just an update on this. Just got round to doing a full re-setup of all my ps2 games. Thought I'd give PCSX2Bonus a go. On:

a) In bonus it seems just the same as Lunch in that all you do is point towards the new pcsx2 exe - I'm predicting Bonus may have the same probs as Lunch when a new build uses significantly updated plugins

B ) Sadly (despite asking on the Bonus thread donkey's years ago) there is NO option to batch generate exe's. Therefore you have to go through your games 1 by one to create exes. OK if you've got 2 games. Not OK if you have a number.

I suppose this is the danger of using an emu still under development. I'm gonna stick with Lunch and accommodate its idiosyncrasies, because bonus has less features and think suffers the same setbacks.

All these problems caused by a ROTTEN TRICK by Nvidia - their new drivers 'broke' PCSX2 - making games jump and stretch. Countless people have reported this to them, but they refuse to tackle due to "their policy on emulators." Shame on you, Nvidia. Next cab - I'm off AMD.

All these problems caused by a ROTTEN TRICK by Nvidia - their new drivers 'broke' PCSX2 - making games jump and stretch. Countless people have reported this to them, but they refuse to tackle due to "their policy on emulators." Shame on you, Nvidia. Next cab - I'm off AMD.

I thought AMD was Radeon, not nVidia. ;)

• Like 1

Yeah I have 160+ PS2 games so I feel the pain of doing exe creation one by one but it would be kind of counterproductive to want to try to batch a bunch of games when the purpose is to make custom settings for each game you have. My computer and this version of PCSX2 runs most games perfectly give or take a few settings (hence PCSX2Bonus). Any games that don't I would just make a emulator group for my new emulator and add the crap working games into it when the time ever arises. I also found out a little while ago I can play most of my games in 1920x1080 with little to no slowdown. But its funny how much Dolphin can screw me with quite a few games with 1x resolution and every enhancement off.

I wish I could run games like that in a high-def environment with enhancements. I'm just glad I can now at least play 1:1 res fairly well with the games I've tried. I still want to get my vibration to work though. Something I'm considering to attempt is removing my primary controller (Saitek P2500) before loading the emulator up. I noticed when in the pad configuring, it detected the force feed back to the Saitek but not the official PS2 controller. So I'm thinking if I remove that, maybe it will work. I dunno. I'm not able to really mess with it now (been sick for a while) but it's definately going to be the next thing I try.

• Like 1

I wish I could run games like that in a high-def environment with enhancements. I'm just glad I can now at least play 1:1 res fairly well with the games I've tried. I still want to get my vibration to work though. Something I'm considering to attempt is removing my primary controller (Saitek P2500) before loading the emulator up. I noticed when in the pad configuring, it detected the force feed back to the Saitek but not the official PS2 controller. So I'm thinking if I remove that, maybe it will work. I dunno. I'm not able to really mess with it now (been sick for a while) but it's definately going to be the next thing I try.

Yeah it is pretty great when the framerate is solid. I get a few hiccups though when running that high so I just keep it at 1000x1000 it looks nice and doesn't rape my computer lol, I've had problems with my rumble in other controllers too but I never managed to fix the issue. I just got a hold of a 360 controller. :P Hope you feel well soon btw.

@uberpubert69, What are your system specs (Maybe you posted previouslyl, but I'm lazy)? It loos like I'm in the market for another video card for my cabinet and I want to get one that will laugh at pcsx2. I mean throttle ratchet and clank like a supercar, for the price of a honda (if you know what I mean).

I just finished my PS2 system theme for my GameRoomEX v2 (Vertscreen) port; props to Krackerman for inspiring me. I'd like it to be more than just a pretty theme for a glitchy/laggy emu.

You mention using a custom resolution that is 1:1 is a good way to speed things up? Speed hacks around 2? Any other general tips?

post-10261-0-04958600-1408760915_thumb.p

@uberpubert69, What are your system specs (Maybe you posted previouslyl, but I'm lazy)? It loos like I'm in the market for another video card for my cabinet and I want to get one that will laugh at pcsx2. I mean throttle ratchet and clank like a supercar, for the price of a honda (if you know what I mean).

I just finished my PS2 system theme for my GameRoomEX v2 (Vertscreen) port; props to Krackerman for inspiring me. I'd like it to be more than just a pretty theme for a glitchy/laggy emu.

You mention using a custom resolution that is 1:1 is a good way to speed things up? Speed hacks around 2? Any other general tips?

Aren't you the same person who helped me out with overclocking stuff? lol If so you and I pretty much have the exact same specs man.

And OMFG that looks so sexy man PM me when thats all done lol.

Enable mVU Flag Hack, mTVU, SuperVU Recompilers. That should give you good speed.

I also highly suggest getting pcsx2 lunch/bonus so you can make per game settings, trust me you need it. Some games like the NFS games need specific HW Hacks enabled more specifically Skipdraw at certain numbers. Katamari Damacy needs Positive EEP Round Mode. Also crossfire your iGPU with your GPU, if you havent already. 3D Mark 11 tells me I get better performance with them Dual Graphic'd.

Aren't you the same person who helped me out with overclocking stuff? lol If so you and I pretty much have the exact same specs man.

Yeah, sometimes I can't trust my memory. Actually I was referring to my cabinet which has lesser specs. I'll try to get at least radeon hd 7000 series or better, but should familiarize myself with the tricks to tease performance out of the games. Thanks.

As for the theme. I'm trying to complete it before summer's end. I have a few more system themes to complete before release, but I'm getting close. Kind of a special case, but those for us with vertscreens, it would be good to have a nice theme to choose from.

• Like 1

Enable mVU Flag Hack, mTVU, SuperVU Recompilers. That should give you good speed.

I also highly suggest getting pcsx2 lunch/bonus so you can make per game settings, trust me you need it. Some games like the NFS games need specific HW Hacks enabled more specifically Skipdraw at certain numbers. Katamari Damacy needs Positive EEP Round Mode. Also crossfire your iGPU with your GPU, if you havent already. 3D Mark 11 tells me I get better performance with them Dual Graphic'd.

I've attached screenshots of the best I've been able to come up with so far for Ratchet and clank. Would you mind doing the same for yours (Assuming you have that game)? It might be easier than writing out all the settings.

In any case this does look good, but the speed is like slow motion and only goes to about full speed when you're facing a wall. If it has to render more of the world, then it slows. Is this the best I can hope for?

EDIT: Answered my own question. I found this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ratchet-Clank-SCUS-97199-U The verdict is that ratchet and clank needs more power than I have currently...yikes!

post-10261-0-90703500-1408811989_thumb.j

post-10261-0-34464700-1408811990_thumb.j

post-10261-0-43790100-1408811992_thumb.j

post-10261-0-94722100-1408811997_thumb.j

post-10261-0-04073700-1408815698_thumb.j

post-10261-0-96520800-1408815742_thumb.j

I've attached screenshots of the best I've been able to come up with so far for Ratchet and clank. Would you mind doing the same for yours (Assuming you have that game)? It might be easier than writing out all the settings.

In any case this does look good, but the speed is like slow motion and only goes to about full speed when you're facing a wall. If it has to render more of the world, then it slows. Is this the best I can hope for?

EDIT: Answered my own question. I found this http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ratchet-Clank-SCUS-97199-U The verdict is that ratchet and clank needs more power than I have currently...yikes!

Yeah this game has problems. The textures break from being too far away except when in software mode. I tried both Hardware and Software mode, I can get 60FPS on hardware mode but it really doesn't play like its running at 60. More like 40. Software mode gives me 55-58FPS but it doesn't feel like it either.

Good to know it's not just me. In any case it did force me to familiarize myself with the settings and check out PS2 launch. BTW: when I create an exe from my launch profiles it doesn't do anything. I double click on it and nothing, but the profile launches fine in app. Ever have that happen?

Good to know it's not just me. In any case it did force me to familiarize myself with the settings and check out PS2 launch. BTW: when I create an exe from my launch profiles it doesn't do anything. I double click on it and nothing, but the profile launches fine in app. Ever have that happen?

You may have to ask someone like Stigzler because I am only familiar with PCSX2Bonus. I've never had that issue with it regarding created EXEs.

Yerp - I had this too. Basically, if you double click the icon to launch it doesn't work. However, if you do the exe from command line, then it works!

However, I don't use the exe function in my setup - that way don't have to constantly re-generate them every time i change settings. Rather, I send the game serial to PSXLunch and then it runs the game from there. See:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/13947-pcsx2-setup-with-individual-games-settings/

• Like 1

Ok, thanks stigz! I think I'll try bonus though, as it would be easier to just point GameEx at working exes rather than the Batch/ renaming ISO's business. Great ingenuity in the workaround though! It reminds me of all the crap I had to do with ePSXecutor, ePSXe, and switchdisk. Although the results are fantastic, I don't think I would like to go through that again. No offense.

I guess some things from the XP era are dying, huh? I will morn her loss while I court the younger sister. Here I come bonus :P

Wow, hit a rough patch in our relationship already! The first thing it asks you to do is setup directories. There is no Data folder in PCSX2. I tried pointing it at my iso folder, nope. I tried creating a data folder, nope. What does it want? There is supprisingly little information (in english) on this program.

Ok, thanks stigz! I think I'll try bonus though, as it would be easier to just point GameEx at working exes rather than the Batch/ renaming ISO's business. Great ingenuity in the workaround though! It reminds me of all the crap I had to do with ePSXecutor, ePSXe, and switchdisk. Although the results are fantastic, I don't think I would like to go through that again. No offense.

I guess some things from the XP era are dying, huh? I will morn her loss while I court the younger sister. Here I come bonus :P

Wow, hit a rough patch in our relationship already! The first thing it asks you to do is setup direstories. There is no Data folder in PCSX2. I tried pointing it at my iso folder, nope. I tried creating a data folder, nope. What does it want? There is supprisingly little information (in english) on this program.

I just point all the directories to my PCSX2 emulator folder. All works for me like that. I don't understand it either lol.

I mean when you first start the installer. It asks for a data folder, and wines when one isn't found. It won't complete setup without it and doesn't explain WTF it is! She's really getting on my nerves.

I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875). I tried both version of PCSX2Bonus, neither will let me finish setup because it can't find the Data Directory [There is no data directory, that's why you can't find it...stupid!] and will not continue without it. I tried every subfolder, my other PCSX2 version 1.0, and the iso folder. She may have been attractive but she's as stupid as boarding an airplane back to front. I'm at my wits end. Please, if you can save our relationship, help.

I mean when you first start the installer. It asks for a data folder, and wines when one isn't found. It won't complete setup without it and doesn't explain WTF it is! She's really getting on my nerves.

I'm using PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875). I tried both version of PCSX2Bonus, neither will let me finish setup because it can't find the Data Directory [There is no data directory, that's why you can't find it...stupid!] and will not continue without it. I tried every subfolder, my other PCSX2 version 1.0, and the iso folder. She may have been attractive but she's as stupid as boarding an airplane back to front. I'm at my wits end. Please, if you can save our relationship, help.

Like I said, I point it to the folder where my PCSX2 emulator exe resides. Make your PCSX2 Data directory the same as your PCSX2 directory. That is what I've done and mine is working.

post-5286-0-67470900-1408923137_thumb.pn

For some reason that doesn't work for me. I did the same as you above, but it just throw the "could not find required folder" error.

Whatever, I broke up with bonus anyway. I ran back to Launch and all is good with Stigz's fine tutorial. Except that I had to add "pcsx2-r5875" to the watch process line in the advanced emulator config so it would close after I press escape. That way I could load another game without exiting gameex to close the open console/emu. Stigz, you might want to add a line in the Tutorial about that.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

For some reason that doesn't work. It doesn't care. Whatever, I broke up with bonus anyway. I ran back to Launch and all is good with Stigz's fine tutorial. Except that I had to add "pcsx2-r5875" to the watch process line in the advanced emulator config so it would close after I press escape. That way I could load another game without exiting gameex to close the open console/emu. Stigz, you might want to add a line in the Tutorial about that.

Thanks guys.

I'm sorry to hear Bonus wouldn't put out for you, I guess some have that special touch and some don't. ;)