All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

And It's ON ... Steam Summer Sale 2014

nullPointer

Did you guys see Triblaster? Looks like a Tempest 3000 clone for $3.99.

Pew pew pew RETRO STYLE!
Shoot enemies, survive, gain lives and achieve the highest scores possible all in an old school vector style game.

START!
Control the TriBlaster in an unknown dimension and bring down your foes
The goal is to survive and achieve high scores.

LEVEL COMPLETE!
Retro-games were never easy, and this ain't changing. Go go go! There are 100 levels waiting for you!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
Completing levels isn't enough when you're a hardcore player, and what you need is more challenge, right?
Some of the achievements are hard to find.

GAME OVER!
The good old "Game Over" screen, can't live without it.

Features:
- Beam weapon based on how many resources you gather
- Jump back in space to avoid ennemies
- 100 levels

I hear ya man!

Makes me recall a post from a certian someone:

And therein lies the best advice I can offer on this topic. If you're really interested in pursuing this hobby (and believe me it's a full-on past time), try to become involved with some of the more reputable well known communities dedicated to emulation. The fact that you made an account here means you're already on the right track! ;) I can also recommend the BYOAC forums, the EmuMovies community, and NGEmu (with some reservations). Learn about the hobby, get out there and make some friends experienced with the hobby and you'll be up and running in no time.

For better or worse if you're only interested in playing retro games, your best bet is likely installing Steam, getting a Wii, or any other platform which offers retro games at deep discounts. Your going to have a lot fewer headaches, and the support is built directly into the platform. Again this is not to discourage you but just to put out another option. Emulation is a hobby that practically requires a love of tweaking, hacking, and figuring things out on your own. This often means that you will be troubleshooting obscure applications completely on your own, making best guess judgement based on nothing but past experience. The old joke is that you'll spend more time fiddling with emulators, frontends, and utilities than you actually will playing games. There is a huge grain of truth to that!

Any way man good luck on your journey! This can be an incredibly rewarding hobby, but you just need to accept the possibility of frustration right up front.

lotta truth in those words!

^_^

Who's that? Never heard of him... is he a lurker?

:P

Heh, pretty much man. I got back from vacation on Sunday only to immediately be knocked on my arse with some pretty serious RL stuff. I'll be back man, but yeah ... for now I'm kinda just the eye in the sky as it were.

Just in the middle of ordering some Seimitzu joysticks -

Which model, LS-32?

All my sticks are Happ, seem to be pretty standard fare, but they work well. Seems a bit stiffer/faster spring would do well for those shooters you guys play.

Believe it or not, I'm actually working on my Star Wars controller, it's just moving at a snails pace.

Im torn between ls 32 and ls 40. Why is it always so complicated... round gate vs octo... stiff springs vs loose... etc etc...

I'd go round and stiff for the shmups (yup a made a double entendre), a quick centering will help a lot with split second decisions and i'd always use a round gate for shmups, always! /my2c

Was only messin, null. Hope your stuff works out, fella....

No worries at all man. In truth I consider the staff and regulars around here to be something of a second family, and as a result I feel regretful if I'm away for too long. Unfortunately my Mom isn't doing real well at the moment, and so that's where my heart and mind has to be for the time being.

OTOH you guys provide a sense of normalcy (as crazy as that sounds ;)), so it's nice to be able to retreat and lurk about on here as the opportunity presents itself.

• Like 1

...In truth I consider the staff and regulars around here to be something of a second family, and as a result I feel regretful if I'm away for too long. Unfortunately my Mom isn't doing real well at the moment, and so that's where my heart and mind has to be for the time being.

OTOH you guys provide a sense of normalcy (as crazy as that sounds ;)), so it's nice to be able to retreat and lurk about on here as the opportunity presents itself.

I'm sorry to hear that nP. I hope everything will work out for you and I hope your mother is getting well very soon.

I also agree we have an unique community and I am glad to be part of it. I hope it offers you some kind of relief knowing we'll be here whenever you want to talk about anything.