All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulating Android on a pincab?.

rockyrocket

I can see how it works but is so frustrating to get right. I did get the "pinball" android games working with launch button rather then plunger so I will stick to that.

Copter is working but struggling with gravitrex and that's one that looks very neat! I'll get it all sorted will just take some time

Yeah GravitreX is great, but does have a complicated menu to navigate.

With my flippers as left and right the thrusters just work OOTB and a dropdown menu at the top allows you to map a key for picking up stuff ect - just do not remap the flippers again.

The PinballX set up doc has a section on mapping the virtuapin plunger with Xpadder that will help with Rob-O-Bot.

And yeah it is frustrating :) .

Ok. I got gravitex working properly but damn is it hard! I must be really bad or am not controlling it properly! :) stupid game!!! Lol

:) Yeah tel me about it! - setting "inverted controls" to "on" in the dropdown menu at the top helps greatly I found, you even get a bit cocky until level 8 that is :unsure: .

I do admit a love of these types of game - hell I even built a dedicated Vector cab once.

This may be slightly off topic for the pincab forum but these guys enjoy gravitreX....

Oh man...another game that may cause me to smash the playfield! :) I have a feeling people will catch on and try these on cab honestly a crowd pleaser when 5 people are trying to beat each other at the simplest games. Very cool find! Will be trying this tonight. ;)

Geometry Dash has turned out to be a bit of a minx to tame perfectly as it would start before bluestacks was set into portrait properly.

Randr and myself have been fighting it into submission in the background and found that a delay is what is needed.

I could not find any way within bluestacks to do this, but managed to make some apps that bluestacks can see and start, that then basically just start BS - wait a set time then launch G dash.

That all sounds a bit grande but is actually quite easy using tasker.

Attached are the apps with differing amounts of sleep should anyone else ever need them.

I am guessing posting android apps breaks no rule if you make them yourself - but if so please just delete them.

A config and art set for Impossible Jump is also attached but man is it hard compared to G Dash.

Geo Dash Delay.7z

JUMP.7z

I think Robot Unicorn Attack 2 is one of the best 'twitch-based' (and addictive!) games on the Android marketplace. I'd almost forgotten about the game until my kids reminded me this weekend. It occurred to me that I think this game could translate very well to a pin cab being that it only uses two controls (tapping on the right or left side of the screen). The only potential issue is that the game plays in landscape by default, but based on rockyrocket's comments, maybe the Set Orientation app could help rectify that? Whatever the case, this game is pretty fun (did I mention it's also addictive!?), and is worth checking out if you've not done so.

Ok I found one. Hill climb racing

And another jet pack joy ride. But hill climb racing is very fun...kinda like bike or die I used to play on my treo

I wonder if we can get landscape apps to load on screen 2? Some very clever games out there for android and some just don't rotate well for playfield.

Jump jump Nina actually works and is portrait so looks good

I think Robot Unicorn Attack 2 is one of the best 'twitch-based' (and addictive!) games on the Android marketplace. I'd almost forgotten about the game until my kids reminded me this weekend. It occurred to me that I think this game could translate very well to a pin cab being that it only uses two controls (tapping on the right or left side of the screen). The only potential issue is that the game plays in landscape by default, but based on rockyrocket's comments, maybe the Set Orientation app could help rectify that? Whatever the case, this game is pretty fun (did I mention it's also addictive!?), and is worth checking out if you've not done so.

Just had a play on my phone in portrait and it is a no go as the unicorn is off the screen to the left :) .

It is a fun colourful game in landscape though - shame.

Does aurora 2 need to be full screen portrait to configure? Or can I do this in desktop and will just work rotated full screen?

Yep you can do it in desktop just fine, as long as BS and the game are both rotated into portrait already and windowed.

The coordinates are mapped by the blue overlay, see the vid below.

Just make sure to untick the box to save the cfg in the default location or it will crash.

I wonder if we can get landscape apps to load on screen 2? Some very clever games out there for android and some just don't rotate well for playfield.

This is something I had been meaning to try before to get the original Timeshock on the BG.

Turns out all you need to do is make screen 2 the primary monitor temporarily.

Display Changer II is becoming one of my favourite apps and can do this just fine.

To get this to work with BS you only need to set up another Bluestacks config within PinballX and replace the two iRotate lines in the loader and rename it.

To set up DC2 you first need to create two configs one a default with the command

dc2.exe -create="DefaultMonitors.xml"

Then go into your screen settings and set screen two as primary then again run

dc2.exe -create="Swapped Primary.xml"

You can name them whatever you like this is just an example

I then made two batch files...

One called Swapped Primary.bat

cd C:\????\????\????\DC2dc2.exe -configure="Swapped Primary.xml"

the other named restore.bat

cd C:\????\????\?????\DC2dc2.exe -configure="DefaultMonitors.xml"

You can put the BAT`s, XML`S and DC2.exe anywhere just so long as they are in the same folder and the paths point to them.

Then edit the Irotate lines from the loader as below and name it something like Bluestacks-BG and you are good to go

Think this should work with most things you could want to place on the backglass?.

#NoEnvCoordMode, Mouse, WindowDetectHiddenWindows On#WinActivateForceRun, C:\????\????\????\DC2\Swapped Primary.batProcess, Wait, HD-Frontend.exeWinWait,ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.33c0d9dWinActivate,ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.33c0d9dWinWaitActive,ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.33c0d9dProcess, WaitClose, HD-Frontend.exeRun, C:\????\????\????\DC2\restore.batExitAppE::Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\BlueStacks\HD-Quit.exe"                ;Exit KeyLShift::Left                                                           ;Left Flipper keyRShift::Right                                                          ;Right Flipper keyf::MouseClickDrag, L, 914, 1431, 937, 1832, 20