All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulating Android on a pincab?.

rockyrocket

Good catch, both screens are 1080 so it just worked luckily.

Talking about backgrounds I found an app - Simple Image Wallpaper that lets you set a static image as your bluestacks wallpaper.

This was surprisingly tricky without the app, and allowed me to set my loading image as wallpaper for those times when BS is visible.

This combined with GO Launcher means that when you do see it it just looks like this...

post-6857-0-08135400-1410882533_thumb.pn

rockyrocket you are very clever! will try that out. can confirm robot unicorn works good on backglass as does the jetpack game. asking my daughter what games are good and she says robot unicorn… LMAO! i what driving games with just steering but dont know of any yet

Ha ha yeah, Robot unicorn is now on the cab, but the first guy who saw it on my macho cab remarked on how much "pride" the rainbow adorned unicorn had :( .

The hill climb game is also great fun, but as someone who has heard his own bones break I cringe whenever the driver snaps his neck, and for me that is often :) .

Sometimes navigating the play store for stuff not ad-ridden can be a chore but is I think ultimately worth it for the odd gem.

So what else has your daughter recommended?.

The blue loading background has been bugging me and I want to change it to black but so far can not work out how.

I have poked around bluestacks for an image and looked inside the .exe`s with no luck and as far as I can see it is not in the usual android file system locations so am at a loss?.

So unless it is part of the hypervisor emulating android I am stuck, anyone have any insight?.

you also playing some on backglass?

Honestly - no.

The fun part for me was setting it up, and I already have a bluestacks install on my GameEx cab so have some overlap there.

For me the appeal of bluestacks on the pincab is playing games that are enhanced by the form factor - ie the pinball games or flappy bird ect.

Contrary to that statement is Timberman as even on the phone it looks a bit "8bit" and then looks blocky on the big screen - but for some reason I do enjoy it?.

What about you, giving your daughter any competition?. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...