All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Internet Gaming Bash of the Year [MAME]

wolfman24

Looking at the overall team scorecard, it is not looking good boys, not looking good at all.

We've got a lot of amazing players on our team, no doubt, but it is looking awful grim comparing to the big boys.

DKF & RetroUprising = good grief.

Anyone have any thoughts on this comp thus far?

The reverse scoring, less points is worth more (like golf) is kinda odd.

Perhaps we can make a push to fill in some more scores and get out of last place?!

It's early, Young Jedi. I think not all of our guys have really had a chance to play and submit some scores to get us well out of the cellar. We can easily compete here.

• Like 2

Almost done with these games. 4 to go!

Scattershotgun Scores - Part 3

Do Run Run! - 64,610

0000_zps764bcc27.png

Kung Fu Master - 150,130

0000_zps8e4d840d.png

Superdimensional Fortress Macross - 717,000

0000_zps670d82e7.png

Sonic Wings - 365,300

0002_zpsf3484af5.png

Splatterhouse - 47,400

0001_zps4a557ed7.png

• Like 2

play do do run with 5 lives

With already 29 Do Run Run hi-score submissions I'm surprised you guys decide to change the settings for this game ? The default settings - as stated here - are 3 lives.

IMHO I don't think it's wise to change these settings...

@ GameEx Hi-score Competition members:

If you play Mr. Do! in this contest make sure to change difficulty settings from medium (our settings) to easy (IGBOTY / default settings). All of the other games which are also part of our GameEx Hi-score Competition are not affected.

Note: needless to say perhaps, but a Mr Do! hi-score achieved at easy settings can't be submitted to our GameEx Hi-Score competition.

With already 29 Do Run Run hi-score submissions I'm surprised you guys decide to change the settings for this game ? The default settings - as stated here - are 3 lives.

IMHO I don't think it's wise to change these settings...

most of the people were playing with 5 lives cause of the whole dip switches were messed up

My Do Run Run! score was with 3 lives. If we're gonna play with 5, I'll submit a new score before the month is up.

Anyways, here are the last few scores, this completes all that I'm going to play. The next scores I post will be improvements to previous scores, and I have a few of them here too.

Scattershotgun Scores - Part 4

Anteater - 113,230

0011_zps06834e6c.png

Bank Panic - 476,550

0005_zpsca72fe7e.png

Nitroball - 6,798,830

0003_zps3f2902df.png

Bomb Jack - 339,480

0000_zps04bf92ca.png

Mr. Do! - 115,900 (got the diamond here too, with a chance at ANOTHER!)

0003_zpsa4856ff3.png

Updates to previous scores -

Moon Patrol - 84,450

0001_zps3c2e5bbf.png

Pooyan - 146,050

0001_zpse5736501.png

Pepper II - 132,360

0002_zps9f369f44.png

• Like 3

for the life of me, I cannot get Raiden to show up in the ROMS list

@George - Load the GE Setup Wizard> Custom> MAME Settings. Scroll down to the 2nd portion (Advance MAME Settings) and find Don't Filter these ROMS. In that section, after pacman;splatter; add raidenb so it looks like this:

pacman;splatter;raidenb

Alternatively, you can just delete Japan; from the front of the Game Filter section but be warned - using this method will allow ALL Japan titles through the filter. Which is a good thing in my opinion but may not suit your needs :)

Whichever method you choose, you must then boot GameEx, go in the MAME section and hit Update List.

most of the people were playing with 5 lives cause of the whole dip switches were messed up

Do Run Run > Dip switches were messed up ? How did that work ?

I think if you have posted this new setting for Do Run Run at all forums participating it's ok. It's all about communicating this clearly :) ....I do think however you should be careful with changing rules / game settings while a contest is running...just my two cents ;)

due to the max out trick in nitroball do you guys want to remove the game or everyone get max points

Nitro Ball

This technique is not banned by either MARP or Twin Galaxies as both world records are maxed out. I think there is a great chance however TG will some day ban this technique.

I just don't like others using tricks to max out a score. It feels kind of like cheating...

But how would you guys be able to check the use of this technique other than having the players INP-fille or a recorded session (which is a no-go here at GameEx) ? The second best score at MARP is 10,4 million points. So if somebody would reach a score of 15 million points or more you could perhaps conclude they have been using this technique. Or does the use of this trick automatically cause your score to max out...?

It's up to you guys what you'll decide....It's kind of hard to decide what you guys should do... :wacko:

Maybe someone else could share their opinion on this matter...?

I'm not aware of this trick but i sure am curious now! I would need to know more to make a judgment on it tbh. Some tricks are just utilising unforeseen "holes" in the gaming logic that the programmers failed to recognise and rectify at the time. These kinds of tricks i wouldn't normally have a problem with.

Other tricks, such as deliberately trying to "glitch" the game into making you invincible, give you infinite lives, freeze timers etc etc i feel are cheating and therefor should be disallowed. That's just my opinion though.

• Like 2

@gimme

it's Do! Do Run that the settings are changed. It was not a change i wanted to make but after watching about half the submissions on retrouprising which is played by aussie arcade, atariage/highscore, donkey kong forums, and retrouprising everyone was playing with 5 lives cause that is what the score mode is set on

@gimme

it's Do! Do Run that the settings are changed. It was not a change i wanted to make but after watching about half the submissions on retrouprising which is played by aussie arcade, atariage/highscore, donkey kong forums, and retrouprising everyone was playing with 5 lives cause that is what the score mode is set on

Ok. In this case it makes perfectly sense to not use the default Do Run Run settings :) It should be clear for everybody which settings should be used per game...that's all :)

Already any decision making on nitro ball yet ?

here is the technique it's on stage 2

LOL usually that would come under "utilising holes in the gaming logic" for me, but that really does break the game somewhat! Still it must take some skill to keep them guys bouncing around that chamber like that! :P But yeah it's a bit unfair to the players that have never seen or practiced that before. Dam, Nitroball is ruined for me now :huh:

Note-to-self: Request AVI recording in the Hi-Score Snapper plugin :lol: