All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Internet Gaming Bash of the Year [MAME]

wolfman24

I think i am throwing in the towel on the scoreboard. Between the crashing, the formula's changing and a perfect copy worked in excel not taking when pasted - i can't take it. We're going to revert to a simple spreadsheet and still use the forms and have the forms available for all to view. I don't really know what else to say on that front.

Firstly. I apologize about the scoreboard. Google docs isn't the friendliest software either. Spreadsheet for such a massive tourny wasn't the best idea, but it was functional until i added the 6th team at the 11th hour. So, please bare with me on that front. I hope to have that resolved tonight.

Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate the fact you guys have organized this kick-ass contest :) and have invited us. I also appreciate the time and effort you have put into creating the google form and scoreboard. It's working very well and I also like the visual representation :)

I just think Adultery's solution with the possibility of submitting screenshots (compared to saving inp / video) is more user friendly.

...anyway. I'm really looking forward competing in your contest :)

~ GC

I think i am throwing in the towel on the scoreboard. Between the crashing, the formula's changing and a perfect copy worked in excel not taking when pasted - i can't take it. We're going to revert to a simple spreadsheet and still use the forms and have the forms available for all to view. I don't really know what else to say on that front.

Maybe it's wise to discuss with Adultery if he could help you out after all. Having an always up to date scoreboard online for all to view would be so cool in a contest with 100+ players and 24 games.

@ Adultery > could you perhaps help TiF creating a hi-score database / online scoreboard ? - that is if you have time to do so ;)

Please don't get me wrong. I really appreciate the fact you guys have organized this kick-ass contest :) and have invited us. I also appreciate the time and effort you have put into creating the google form and scoreboard. It's working very well and I also like the visual representation :)

I just think Adultery's solution with the possibility of submitting screenshots (compared to saving inp / video) is more user friendly.

...anyway. I'm really looking forward competing in your contest :)

~ GC

I won't deny that.

Maybe it's wise to discuss with Adultery if he could help you out after all. Having an always up to date scoreboard online for all to view would be so cool in a contest with 100+ players and 24 games.

@ Adultery > could you perhaps help TiF creating a hi-score database / online scoreboard ? - that's if you have time to do so ;)

I thought so too. I feel bad throwing all that on him. I wish the docs would just work with me i have a working copy but it seems like everytime i leave and come back it gets all errored. Just happened on my way home. Perfect and then i open it and all errors. Frustrating.

Likewise i would wait to see if Adultery has any input on this. It may seem biased, and that is understandable as we both belong to the same community, but he (Adultery) really is a database whizz! If anyone can get you setup with a reliable means of maintaining scores he can :) I've seen it first hand, on many occasions.

I encourage Team GameEx members to share a snapshot of their hi-score submissions. It's more fun and easy to keep track of each others hi-score efforts :)

Of course you also have to submit your score using the Google Form in post #1 to get your score on the board !

My Donkey Kong hi-score submission for Team GameEx:

post-10451-0-28449500-1404334567_thumb.j

@ Wolf / TiF or anybody who cares to explain ;)

I am a bit confused about the scoreboard. If you don't submit a hi-score you'll automatically receive last place rank which equals 30 points (6 teams x 5 submission)

The scoreboard still has to be updated with our submissions. Right now the scoreboard assumes we have no hi-scores submitted. Doesn't this mean we should have > 30 points x 5 hi-score submissions per game x 24 games = 3,600 points. We now have something like 1871 points ?

Maybe I'm just too tired today to understand... ;)...anybody cares to explain ? :)

My first Raiden hi-score submission for Team GameEx:

points: 350,090 which scores Team GameEx a preliminary second place in that game (@GC: the score is in the spreadsheet but I noticed it takes a while for it to show up)

post-9906-0-85456900-1404416063_thumb.pn

• Like 1

My first Raiden hi-score submission for Team GameEx:

points: 350,090 which scores Team GameEx a preliminary second place in that game (@GC: the score is in the spreadsheet but I noticed it takes a while for it to show up)

Nice score smario :) Sharing snapshots makes it more fun to watch the progress of Team GameEx. Thanks man ;)

Nice catch smario, I should have mentioned you can use the snapper plugin for all games if you enable the override option. ;)

@gimme

posted by tif

Feeling better. I have got the majority of scoreboard fix. Rankings are true to my knowledge.

Disregard my 0 comment. For now a 0 rank pulls the next available rank. Which is fine unless we come down to a last minute battle and some teams haven't submitted a score that would influence rankings.

Taking a break.

• Like 1

@ Wolf / TiF or anybody who cares to explain ;)

I am a bit confused about the scoreboard. If you don't submit a hi-score you'll automatically receive last place rank which equals 30 points (6 teams x 5 submission)

The scoreboard still has to be updated with our submissions. Right now the scoreboard assumes we have no hi-scores submitted. Doesn't this mean we should have > 30 points x 5 hi-score submissions per game x 24 games = 3,600 points. We now have something like 1871 points ?

Maybe I'm just too tired today to understand... ;)...anybody cares to explain ? :)

Call it lazy but 0 just gets the next available rank. Soon as 5 people on your team score in a game it will go to whatever. Fix itself, so to speak.

I should probably make a favorites/map file like we use for the comp.

Time for me to represent. I'm going with games I want to play now and get decent scores for them, the ones that we've done recently such as Anteater, Bank Panic and Bomb Jack I'll put more effort into. All scores have been submitted through the official Google form.

Scattershotgun Scores Part 1 -

Moon Patrol - 52,250

mpatrol-1404193035_zps82907574.png

19xx - 2,597,100

0000_zpsb9b92c1c.png

Frogger - 12,570

0000_zps4e2affc0.png

New Rally-X - 162,330

0000_zps5d43f1c9.png

Road Fighter - 111,160

0000_zps6f9c268b.png

• Like 2