All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Internet Gaming Bash of the Year [MAME]

wolfman24

I got a pretty good score on Raiden yesterday. Good enough for the second spot on the top 30! I will post it after work today.

I am hoping to get some serious gaming in after work tonight to try and help get us out of last. Come on guys!! Bring those high scores!!

Nice one! i was trying to beat my score on Raiden yesterday but i was having one of them days :wacko: you know, them days when you keep dying on stage one! i got so infuriated i had to quit as i was just getting worse and worse. I shall have another crack at it today. And Macross and 19XX.

Let's try and get some last minute blinders in! B)

• Like 2

I got a pretty good score on Raiden yesterday. Good enough for the second spot on the top 30! I will post it after work today.

I am hoping to get some serious gaming in after work tonight to try and help get us out of last. Come on guys!! Bring those high scores!!

Second spot ! That's great Mame O. :)

• Like 1

Not as much an improvement as i wanted. Oh well. Again i submitted 3 scores better yet zero points change. Again. 2683 before, 2683 after. I feel it's all pointless :P see what i did there? heheh Anyhoo:

19XX - 2,112,700

post-6865-0-70321700-1407190597_thumb.jp

Super Macross - 1,117,900

post-6865-0-73447800-1407190652_thumb.pn

Sonic Wings - 335,000

post-6865-0-36551500-1407190704_thumb.jp

I jumped 4 places in the top 30 19XX table, but yet there is zero change in the overall points. Maybe i'm too dumb to understand this board. If so may be next time use a system that we can all understand coz i just ain't getting this :)

• Like 1

I typed this to wolf, but your scores changed from 2688 to 2683. 4 point increase in 19xx. 0 in Sonic Wings as you only improved your score but not the rank and you jumped over 2 team mates on super macross for a 1 point increase.

Sometimes the document crashes and maybe this happened to you and or it took a few to update. Google docs. What can you expect.

Oh man, decisions, decisions. I know its not lookin good for our attempt to climb out of the basement. Good effort though, and some reeeeally high scores in this Bash. Awesome turnout,too.

• Like 1

Again, I'm not participating, but watching never the less! IMO, You have done a great job pushing the team forward!

I suspect this will build anticipation for the next round of games, and serve as a boost to the enthusiasm for the 2015 competition!

:cheers:

Thank you Gameex for your participation in this tourney. Accomplishments, both big and small should (and are) appreciated. While coming in first is always nice, it's really more about the camaraderie and love/like/passion we share for these games. A big thank you goes out to all of you who played in the tourney. Hopefully, most, if not all of you hit personal milestones and/or goals and maybe a new online buddy or two. We hope you all had some sort of enjoyment engaging in our competition and if we decide to more forward with a second season - that you all come back. In the spirit of "what ifs", expect some changes that should make for a more interesting second season.

Thank you again.

Chris

• Like 3

Gates are finally closed on this contest final results

1st place and winner of the 1st ever IGB contest Donkey Kong Forums with 927 points
2nd place goes to Retrouprising with 1096 points
3rd place goes to EpiGroove with 1496 points
4th place goes to Aussie Arcade with 2002 points
5th place goes to the combined team of Atariage and Highscore with 2494 points
6th place goes to Gameex with 2680 points

Big thanks to the support team(Todayisforgotten, Maxh, Josephjo, and Barra) and to the players for making this contest a awesome one for me hope to do it next year again.

you guys can added feedback here too

• Like 4

Congrats to DKF, who pretty much held this tourney from the start B)

Thank you Gameex for your participation in this tourney. Accomplishments, both big and small should (and are) appreciated. While coming in first is always nice, it's really more about the camaraderie and love/like/passion we share for these games. A big thank you goes out to all of you who played in the tourney. Hopefully, most, if not all of you hit personal milestones and/or goals and maybe a new online buddy or two. We hope you all had some sort of enjoyment engaging in our competition and if we decide to more forward with a second season - that you all come back. In the spirit of "what ifs", expect some changes that should make for a more interesting second season.

Thank you again.

Chris

Thanks Chris, wolfman and the others who helped create/support this comp. I personally had some great fun with what little time i managed to put in (even though i had trouble getting to grips with the points system - thanks for taking the time to clear that up Chris :P ). I will most definitely be joining any future comps you guys host.

Although GE is not specifically a competition/highscore focused site, i feel we are gaining more and more world class talent here and i hope that in time even more will come out of the wood work.

Being competitive is just as much a mindset as it is a skillset, and in them terms we are still learning. But we are slowly getting there, and i think we owe a big part of that to our top players who continue to push and encourage us to get our game on.

So thank you guys for sticking with us and giving us a chance (you know who you are ;)) Keep doing what you do, and we should will be more equipped for round two!

• Like 4

Wow. What a blast this tournament ended up being. Lots of fun indeed! As for Game Ex coming in last, it was a little disappointing. It goes to show you there are some very skilled and intense classic gamers out there. And I will stand by the Game Ex community and watch us get stronger for the next competition.

Back to some Game Ex competing.

Thanks to all that organized this beautiful thing. It was a lot of fun!!

• Like 4

This was a good tournament. Thanks to those at RU that put it together, and hell of an effort by all of us here at GameEx. Despite our best efforts, we could not get out of last place. Just goes to show that there are a whole mess of players better than us out there.

I don't think many of us are as competition-minded as the other sites who participated, I am competitive by nature so of course I put my best efforts forward, but I like the laid-backness that GameEx is too. Now that I'm back at *home* here, I've got to get back to work!!!!

• Like 4

Thanks TiF and wolfman for this great contest :) I had some great fun and I will most definitely be joining any future comps you'll host :)

I'm looking forward to next year's IGB ! Thank you to all who joined Team GameEx :)

• Like 2