All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Internet Gaming Bash of the Year [MAME]

wolfman24

That's a perfect fine answer, especially since the whole thing is on the honor system.

I would, however, request that it be stated outright, that "each player is on their honor to submit their score within a reasonable time after the game was played." And we'll just let the definition of "reasonable" be up to the player/team. :D

That's a perfect fine answer, especially since the whole thing is on the honor system.

I would, however, request that it be stated outright, that "each player is on their honor to submit their score within a reasonable time after the game was played." And we'll just let the definition of "reasonable" be up to the player/team. :D

We will definitely try to draft the most concise wording after we receive all entries.

On a side note I cant find any free forms that will let users upload without being added vis email. I am contemplating paying for a service with an old pp account that has a few bucks in it.

Otherwise, I would suggest using this forum to post pics if that's your thing. Will keep updated

No I would code it myself from scratch, so all one would need to do is supply their user name, game name, score, and snap shot. No BS, or registering.

I'll make a quick page that displays all this on a per-game basis. If you want I can get going on that over the next couple days, since i'm off work until Thursday.

• Like 2

Hmm. Should have spoke with you first. Currently I have a google doc form requesting from a dropdown the user name, game and text field for score. I then I have my scoreboard reading from the form fields and populating the spreadsheet in real time or as fast as google docs will allow. Any higher submission is overwritten. Losing that functionality would be critical.

Can dropbox integrate with gdocs?

I could probably just give you a link to a submission page and you can upload a snap there if you want. Then it would just be a one button form with a browse box and a submit button. Can you send post data via url?

Or maybe just add a field for a link in your form and I can have the page spout out a url after the upload for a copy/paste. ;)

* Team GameEx game selection *

Mr. Do!

Bank Panic

Anteater

Raiden

Go Team GameEx :)

--------

@Wolf / TiF : if any of the above games have already been chosen by another team (with more contestants) please tell us and we'll provide you with another game !

~ GC

• Like 1

The Gates Are Opened

IGB Update June 30th, 2014

Players may play on MAME, stream from arcade cabinets, or play on the RU site (using score mode and submitting completed games). Players not playing on the RU site should retain INPs or streams in the event questions arise. Screen shots are acceptable, though discouraged unless no other means is available (an example: a player is unable to stream at an arcade so they capture a screen shot). It is up to the player or individual team to manage their screenshots or files. Please do not send these files to us unless requested

As a reminder, this is an honor system tournament. Play accordingly and with generally acceptable rules in mind. If in doubt as to what is and is not legal, ask. Sites are encouraged to ensure that their player submissions are in line with player capabilities. Disputes with game play (if any) will be reviewed on a case by case basis by all sites. Let’s make every effort to avoid disputes for everyone’s sake.

Submissions are for games played within the contest time frame. Please submit early and often so we may maintain an up to date, live as possible scoreboard. Please do not hold on to scores. Scores may be submitted for each team using the following links:

Please note:

• We do not have a hosting solution at this moment so at times google docs may crash or not respond. Should this occur, refresh the page.

• Players will need to submit scores via form for the score to be validated, otherwise expect a day turn-around to see the score updated.

• If you have any score related problems, contact Wolf

Finally, and what everyone really wants to read, here is the final game list: (Default Dipswitches)

Team Gameex Games

Mr. Do!

Bank Panic

Anteater

Raiden

Team Aussie Arcade Games

Bomb Jack

Burning Rubber

Road Fighter

Pooyan

Team Donkey Kong Forums Games

Donkey Kong

Bubbles

Moon Patrol

Elevator Action

Team Atariage/Highscore Games

Kung Fu Master

New Rally X

Frogger

Do! Run Run

Team Epigroove Games

Splatterhouse

Sonic Wings

Magic Sword

Super Spacefortress Macross

Team Retrouprising Games

Pepper 2

19xx

Nitroball

Pinball Action

Good luck to everyone!

scoreboard

• Like 1

Let me whip something up, and get back to you later today.

Should we use the Google Form in the first post to submit scores or will the submitting process change ?

@ uberpubert69:

* You can pick any of the 24 games. The best 5 hi-scores of our Team will count for the general leaderboard.

Please discuss which games you will play in the PM we've recently started :)

* You can play all of the 24 games the whole month

* Please submit early and often and do not hold on to scores (everyone should have a chance to top a score)

* more info > link

* submitting a score > see post #1 - 5. Submission (you were referring to the scoreboard in your last reply ;) )

I hope this will help you out :) Good luck representing Team GameEx !!

~ GC

• Like 1

This is more terminology than anything. We really do not expect to have to worry about viewing INPs. Please, do not feel turned off by this and its totally fine if you have these features disabled. You are not required to do this.

IGB Update June 30th, 2014

Players may play on MAME, stream from arcade cabinets, or play on the RU site (using score mode and submitting completed games). Players not playing on the RU site should retain INPs or streams in the event questions arise. Screen shots are acceptable, though discouraged unless no other means is available (an example: a player is unable to stream at an arcade so they capture a screen shot). It is up to the player or individual team to manage their screenshots or files. Please do not send these files to us unless requested

We were told saving INP's is not required but reading the update message above you are generally discouraging using screen shots in favor of inp files... So if there's a dispute or questions arise and we don't have the .inp file or a video, the screen shot won't matter anyhow. Long story short: dispute -> no video / INP -> lose dispute. And I'm pretty certain none of our Team GameEx members will save their INP files...

I was hoping you would accept Adultery's suggestion and let him build a quick page which will (quoting) "display name, game name, score, and snap shot on a per-game basis". Registering wouldn't even be necessary. With his programming skills, creating this would be a walk in the park for Adultery. This solution would be a much friendlier approach then telling players we should retain INP's in the event questions arise.

I hope you guys reconsider this...

~GC

....I also think Adultery's suggestion is a better solution in terms of loading speed of the contest scoreboard. Not to criticize the Google scoreboard but I have experienced Adultery's programming skills first hand. What he can create is really amazing !

Firstly. I apologize about the scoreboard. Google docs isn't the friendliest software either. Spreadsheet for such a massive tourny wasn't the best idea, but it was functional until i added the 6th team at the 11th hour. So, please bare with me on that front. I hope to have that resolved tonight.

I am all for Adultery making a page. I even said ok to it.

I would definitely suggest you guys take pictures. I think no one proofed that and that is a simple misunderstanding. Please take screenshots if you'd like and if you really want to be a good boy than do so with inp but again, this is not necessary. Stick with the tried and true screenie.

Hope that helps.

I will continue workong in this spreadsheet but its becoming a pain to add players. I also do not want to push this onto adultery if its going to be time consuming. I've amassed at least 70 hours in docs. 35 of those because it likes to make changes and ef you over thus having to redo everything again.