All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Internet Gaming Bash of the Year [MAME]

wolfman24

That puts me out too I'm afraid.

I have that feature disabled via the compile so people don't accidentally record videos. :'(

@1 even though you are encouraged to save your inp this is only if there Disputes which i don't think there will be I had 5 contests with no disputes so you don't have to save them unless you get a ungodly score. you could even stream it if you want to or record it

@2 no screens going by the honor system

I doubt there is going to be any disputes

@ Wolf > I have 2 questions:

1. We are encouraged to save our INP's. I know a lot of the contestants use a custom compiled MAME version (with high score support). If I use the "Play and Record Input" function of my MAME build it screws up my in-game high score tables > wrong scores / strange symbols etc. Is it really necessary to save an INP or will it suffice to save a screenshot of your high score (with your initals) ?

2. We have to submit our score through a google webform. We do not have to upload a screenshot of our high score or something like that ? It's just submit your name > game > score ?

~ GC

This is more terminology than anything. We really do not expect to have to worry about viewing INPs. Please, do not feel turned off by this and its totally fine if you have these features disabled. You are not required to do this.

That puts me out too I'm afraid.I have that feature disabled via the compile so people don't accidentally record videos. :'(

As Wolfman and TodayIsForgotten are both saying recording your game / saving inp is no longer necassary I hope you're again part of Team GameEx ? We can use your skills Adultery :)

As long as I don't have to recompile MAME and set it up as another emulator to throw down a couple games over the summer, I'm in. :)

• Like 1

Wasup Team GameEX ? B)

We'll have to submit our four favorite games to Wolf (see this post). I've sent a PM to every member of Team GameEx. Please reply to the PM you've received to tell us which games you'd love to compete for :)

~ GC

Hey guys,

I was perhaps a bit hasty when withdrawing myself from the comp. Wolf, and crew contacted me via PM explaining that only a minimal selection will be affected by the autofire rule and so i've decided to retract my previous statement :) I'll do the best i can in all titles that don't require constant repeated button presses, unfortunately for me that will most likely shmups ^_^ Such is life!

Either way i am back in so let's do this!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I was perhaps a bit hasty when withdrawing myself from the comp. Wolf, and crew contacted me via PM explaining that only a minimal selection will be affected by the autofire rule and so i've decided to retract my previous statement :) I'll do the best i can in all titles that don't require constant repeated button presses, unfortunately for me that will most likely shmups ^_^ Such is life!

Either way i am back in so let's do this!

It's great to have you back Darren !! Team GameEx will kick some ass :)

...and we welcome Mame Offender to Team GameEx !! It's great you've signed up for this contest M.O. We can definitely use your pro gaming skills B)

@ Wolf > I've added Mame Offender to Team GameEx (see post #1). We now have 14 players :)

• Like 1

..about submitting hi-scores in this contest:

The only thing the contestants have to do is enter their score using the Google form and that's it...I think that's a bit too easy. Recording a game session is a no go but I'd really like to suggest contestants to at least post a screen shot of their score (e.g. in-game hi-score table) at the website / forum which they represent. Again, simply enter a score using the google form is a bit too easy I think.

I encourage our Team GameEx members to post a screen shot of their score as a reply to this thread. We're already used to posting screen shots after all at our GameEx Hi-score competition ;) I hope you guys agree :)

I'm adding an option to upload scores. I think i have it worked out. I am not a web developer nor have i done coding in years, but i simply have moved the forms to webpages and put a link to upload a picture to my google drive. How you guys want to do the pictures, is up to you. My (our) whole goal is to have the scoring in one place and very simple. Again, you may do as you please with the pictures.

I'm adding an option to upload scores. I think i have it worked out. I am not a web developer nor have i done coding in years, but i simply have moved the forms to webpages and put a link to upload a picture to my google drive. How you guys want to do the pictures, is up to you. My (our) whole goal is to have the scoring in one place and very simple. Again, you may do as you please with the pictures.

Thank you for your explanation Tif :)

Another important question: [thank you Stephen for pointing this out]

Quoting Stephen: "Does a submission of a score have to take place within 24 hours of the game being played? If not, we'll be in a "silent auction" or eBay scenario, where people sit on their amazing score. Then, at the last minute, they'll submit their score, leaving other contenders insufficient time to top that score"

We'd love to hear from either you or Wolfman how this is handled...?

Thank you for your explanation Tif :)

Another important question: [thank you Stephen for pointing this out]

Quoting Stephen: "Does a submission of a score have to take place within 24 hours of the game being played? If not, we'll be in a "silent auction" or eBay scenario, where people sit on their amazing score. Then, at the last minute, they'll submit their score, leaving other contenders insufficient time to top that score"

We'd love to hear from either you or Wolfman how this is handled...?

Hello. Being that this tourney is on an honor system, we hope participants will submit scores early. I've been in many online league's and can say that this usually goes without a hitch. It is pretty hard to enforce such a thing as good players can submit several low scores and keep the pocket aces for later.

My only advice is, if you think your score can be beaten - you're probably right. The only way to eliminate such scenarios is to blindly get a higher score than someone who may be sandbagging.

I know this isn't the best of responses and maybe wolf can chime in, but this is very hard to regulate online.