All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Final] Internet Gaming Bash of the Year [MAME]

wolfman24

TABLE OF CONTENTS - Internet Gaming Bash of the Year

July 1st - August 5th

1. Contest rules
2. Submitting your score
3. Scoreboard (explanation)
4. Games
5. Teams
---------------------------------------------

1. Contest rules

a. All 24 games will be played for the entire five week period.

You can pick any of the 24 games. The best 5 hi-scores of your Team (best score per player) will count for the general leaderboard.

b. Please submit early and often and do not hold on to scores.
Submissions are for games played within the contest time frame. Please submit early and often so we may maintain an up to date, live as possible scoreboard. Please do not hold on to scores. If you have any score related problems, please contact Wolf

c. All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on August 5th.
Any scores submitted after this time will not be valid. Again, submit early and often.

d. Adjudication
Players may play on MAME, stream from arcade cabinets, or play on the RU site (using score mode and submitting completed games). Saving your INP or recording your game is encouraged but screenshots* are acceptable. Disputes with game play (if any) will be handled on a case by case basis and reviewed by all sites. Let’s make every effort to avoid disputes for everyone’s sake.

* It is up to the player or individual team to manage their screenshots or files. Please do not send these files to us unless requested

e. Joining this contest

Players not already registered on a site are no longer eligible to play. Existing site members may join

IGB Contest Revision: As of July 8th (one week into a five week contest) no new player additions will be added for any team. This is a revision from "existing site members" may join at any time. this was supposed to be a rule but we never caught during review

As a reminder, this is an honor system tournament. Play accordingly and with generally acceptable rules in mind. If in doubt as to what is and is not legal, ask. Sites are encouraged to ensure that their player submissions are in line with player capabilities.

2. Submitting your score
Players should submit their scores via this Google Form. [GameEx form]

Players will need to submit scores via this form for the score to be validated, otherwise expect a day turn-around to see the score updated.

Please submit early and often so we may maintain an up to date, live as possible scoreboard. Please do not hold on to scores.

All games must be completed and submissions received no later than 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time on August 5th.

3. Scoreboard (explanation)
Your Team's top five high scores (best score per player) on each game will earn you points for the contest Leaderboard. These top five qualifying scores are now ranked against the other sites top five high scores. Team score is based on a rank tally with the lowest score tally earning your team the best Leaderboard position.

Should a team fail to submit five scores on particular game, missing submissions will automatically receive last place rank. Last place rank with three teams would be 15.

*** Contest Scoreboard - please click here *** [we thank TodayIsForgotten for this amazing scoreboard !]

Example - 19XX:

1 point - 2,000,000 - submission 1 site a
2 points - 1,800,000 - sub 1 site c
3 points - 1,700,000 - sub 2 site a
4 points - 1,600,000 - sub 3 site a
5 points - 1,500,000 - sub 4 site a
6 points - 600,000 - sub 5 site a
7 points - 550,000 - sub 2 site c
8 points - 500,000 - sub 3 site c
9 points - 450,000 - sub 1 site b
10 points - 400,000 - sub 4 site c
11 points - 350,000 - sub 5 site c
12 points - 300,000 - sub 2 site b
13 points - 250,000 - sub 3 site b
14 points - 200,000 - sub 4 site b
15 points- 150,000 - sub 5 site b

Site A received points for 1st place, 3, 4, 5 and 6th place for a total of 19 points.

Site B received points for 9th place, 12, 13, 14 and 15th place for a total of 63 points.

Site C received points for 2nd place, 7, 8, 10 and 11th place for a total of 38 points.

Overall team scores for 19XX:

Site A - 19
Site C - 38
Site B - 63

4. Games and settings

For game settings (default dip switches) and ROMsets please refer to this thread

Note: play Do! Run Run with 5 lives instead of the default 3 lives.

Team GameEx Games
Mr. Do!
Bank Panic
Anteater
Raiden

Team Aussie Arcade Games
Bomb Jack
Burning Rubber
Road Fighter
Pooyan

Team Donkey Kong Forums Games
Donkey Kong
Bubbles
Moon Patrol
Elevator Action

Team Atariage/Highscore Games
Kung Fu Master
New Rally X
Frogger
Do! Run Run

Team Epigroove Games
Splatterhouse
Sonic Wings
Magic Sword
Super Spacefortress Macross

Team Retrouprising Games
Pepper 2
19xx
Nitroball
Pinball Action

5. Teams

Retrouprising - 37 players
alexgunslinger
cam3ron36
d.b cooper
demon mask
djwheels
dre day
dudebro
elrod21
enemy ace
fudgydrs
giga cufflings
infraredux
innuendo
jack bando
jig
josephjo
kiwi kun
kong
lastexposfan
Maxh
nick666101
OmegaShadow
Permafrostrick
QAOP Spaceman
revj
sabby
sawys
seahawk
starfoxfan2009
stevencassidy13
Stink Buttercrotch
teddy loc
tenser
TodayIsForgotten
twinchargers
Vendetta
Wolfman

Donkey Kong Forums - 26 players
marky_d
cheetah32p
chrisp(dkf)
crazykongfan
d3scride
dalar
Danman123456
Drunkguy89
ebinsugewa
Estel
F_symbols
Fliplismc
fly
Fruitygayspaghetti
gstrain
homerwannabee
lakeman421
Milehighdt
Monstabonza
Paolo Colman
Pwnasaurus
Shnypz
syscrusher
tilt
von
Xelnia

GameEx - 15 players
Adultery
Cynicaster
dazzle hp
ExedExes
georget
GimmeClassics
hansolo77
KRC
Mame Offender
MNMax21
rtkiii
smario
Stephen
uberpubert69
Yung-Jedi

Aussie Arcade - 13 players
brad
chrisbo
dkong
foot
john73
kane
Mameshane
mark68
moat
pash
rat
RMacauley
rusty dagger

Atariage/Highscore - 17 players
BarryBloso
boot-error
dave1
douglie007
Frankie
Gredler
keilbaca
kernzy
LarcenTyler
lenny2571
MattDonaldson
MegaRetroMan
patrick
RichyS
S.Baz
Sixx
withinterest

Good luck to everyone !

Any questions, write [email protected]

• Like 2

Good luck Wolfman with your contest and thank you for including our website in your competition setup. I've added "MAME" to your contest title so everybody immediately knows this is a Mame only contest ;)

Looks like it's going to be a great contest. Thanks Wolfman :)

Count me in :)

I don't know how much time I'll have in July and I don't know if I can submit a score for each game during this contest so I really hope other GameEx-ers will join me and try to defend the honor of the GameEx community B)

@ Wolfman > you speak of a max of 10 games per week based upon the no. of websites which will join this contest. IMHO, I think 10 games per week is too much. A max of 5 games would be manageable. Just my humble opinion ;)

~ GC

• Like 1

Count me in :)

I don't know how much time I'll have in July and I don't know if I can submit a score for each game during this contest so I really hope other GameEx-ers will join me and try to defend the honor of the GameEx community B)

Include me in this! Representing GameEx is an honor. Looks like a great comp B)

Please include me in the GameEx Team, happy to help out in anyway that I can!

LET'S GO GAMEEX!!! :o

• Like 2

Sadly my July will be far too busy (visiting family and then moving immediately after, not to mention driving 2400 miles).

Knock 'em dead, boys; and count me in next time! Go team GameEx!

to make the scoring easier to understand

might cap the games per week to 3 and do a rotation

Week One Scenario:

Site A has 20 participants and picked Galaga as their selection.

Site B has 50 participants and picked Bosconian as their selection.

Site C has 30 participants and picked Zoo Keeper as their selection.

Each team now must qualify with five scores on each of the above games. It does not matter how many player scores a site submits on each game as only the top five scores for each site qualify. These top five qualifying scores are now ranked against the other sites top five qualifying scores. Team score is based on rank tally with the lowest score tally winning the round.

Should a team fail to submit five scores on each game, missing submissions will automatically receive last place rank. In the above scenario, last place rank with three teams would be 15.

At the end of week one the standings might look like this for Galaga:

Galaga:

1 point - 2,000,000 - submission 1 site a
2 points - 1,800,000 - sub 1 site c
3 points - 1,700,000 - sub 2 site a
4 points - 1,600,000 - sub 3 site a
5 points - 1,500,000 - sub 4 site a
6 points - 600,000 - sub 5 site a
7 points - 550,000 - sub 2 site c
8 points - 500,000 - sub 3 site c
9 points - 450,000 - sub 1 site b
10 points - 400,000 - sub 4 site c
11 points - 350,000 - sub 5 site c
12 points - 300,000 - sub 2 site b
13 points - 250,000 - sub 3 site b
14 points - 200,000 - sub 4 site b
15 points- 150,000 - sub 5 site b

Site A received points for 1st place, 3, 4, 5 and 6th place for a total of 19 points.

Site B received points for 9th place, 12, 13, 14 and 15th place for a total of 63 points.

Site C received points for 2nd place, 7, 8, 10 and 11th place for a total of 38 points.

Overall team scores for Galaga:

Site A - 19
Site C - 38
Site B - 63

Now repeat the above for Bosconian and Zoo Keeper to obtain the total week scores for each team.

Continue on to week two and repeat.

• Like 1

I like the cap of 3 games per week and thank you for the additional info about the scoring system ! Easy to understand :)

One question:

if one top player has submitted the five best scores on one game do they all count for the score of that website ? I think others could be intimidated by that and would't even bother to try and submit a score. I think the top hi-score of the five best players should count for the website's score. What do you guys think ?

...what did you mean by "do a rotation" btw ?

Wow, look at the names for the GameEx team. You're in good hands.

Wait, someone's missing you say?

Someone important?

Someone who's #1?

Well guess what, your chances just got better.

I, ExedExes, will represent GameEx!

• Like 4

I like the cap of 3 games per week and thank you for the additional info about the scoring system ! Easy to understand :)

One question:

if one top player has submitted the five best scores on one game do they all count for the score of that website ? I think others could be intimidated by that and would't even bother to try and submit a score. I think the top hi-score of the five best players should count for the website's score. What do you guys think ?

...what did you mean by "do a rotation" btw ?

one score per player per game. rotation if we have 6 sites site 1,2,3 do week 1 4,5,6 do week 2 and so on by picking the game that is

That's quite the team we have already! :D A wide variety of skill sets i think you'll agree. We'll still take more though so, even if you're more of an observer on the site but quite fancy yourself as a competitor then please, don't be shy! Now's your time to step in and give it some :)

I'm feeling good about this one fellas - it's in the bones :P

Now, the question is, do we pick a game that we know for sure 1 or 2 members will destroy the scores, or, do we pick a game that the majority are good at?? I think we'll need to start talking tactics soon.