All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to send videos or png to XDMD via command line ?

Hi Tom,

is it possible to send video or graphic files directly to the PinDMD v2 by call of an exe, bat or small vb routine ? With the filename as parameter ?

I'm still in progress of creating more Real DMD videos (and static png's) and it would be much faster and easier, if I could test them by sending them directly to the DMD instead of calling them via PinballX.

I had a quick look on your XDMD source files, but my programming skills are limited and to be honest I was lost ;-)

Thanks a lot !

Okay, so it was not a big task so I just did it for you. See attached for a command line utility. Just pass it a filename of video or image. It will need to reside with the other XDMD required DLLs. The Pinballx Install folder will be fine.

UPDATE: Add any second argument to pause 6 seconds before exiting.

XDMD_CMD.zip

• Like 2

Hi Tom,

thanks a lot.

Works perfectly. :)

Right click .. Open with ... Tada !

Any chance to deactivate the additional DMD display on main screen ? Maybe by registry entry or second argument w/ special value ?

(I know: Give him an inch and he will take a mile ....) ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2.3.2016 at 8:49 PM, slydog43 said:

I would also like to disable the additional DMD display on my main screen.  (I'm using a PinDMD3 and don't want to show the other window)  thanks

Any chance of getting the source code to this display program?

Hello slydog43,

did you have success to disable the additional DMD on the main screen ?

• 1 year later...

Added a PinDMD3 to a mame cab and want to work with XDMD again.  Is there a way to display an avi on the PinDMD3 with XDMD?  Time to load up VS and look around.  Hard when I don't have an extra PinDMD3 for my development machine.

ok it works with xdmd_cmd, but it seems to pause for 4 seconds at end.  anyway to stop that behavior?

• 1 year later...

Hi Tom,

after a longer time I returned to my cab and updated it with newer versions of PBX. (I was on 3.06)

Found out that all PBX versions 3.15 and higher killed my lovely XDMD_CMD.exe feature you provided me some years ago.  (see above)
I suppose it has something to do with the v3.15 change " - The PinballX application itself has been moved to the .NET framework 4 and SharpDX from 2 and SlimDX".
I have also seen that there is a newer  source code of XDMD_CMD  in your repository  (http://xdmd.info/   etc.)   but I do not have the development environment to compile the new version.

Could you please help me again ?

Thanks a lot and a happy new year 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...