All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Game Tagger

Adultery

For some of us with a modicum of grafx skilz, creating the tags dimiensions may be fairly easy working off of someone elses, however, if someone could come up with a simple layered .psd file that could be included with the download that would be awesomesauce for those just getting started. Eventually would be cool to have a gallery of user-submitted tag themes available for download.

I'm working on the theme gallery right now actually. ;)

I am going to put out a psd with the default tag and the layers on it, but would appreciate it if someone could also convert that into a gimp file. I will put that on the site too, probably not in the plugin download though. ;)

Shoot me a copy of the .psd and I will convert it to .xcf format. Time permitting this weekend, I may throw together a few starter images to help with kickstarting the gallery.

The plugin has been updated to 1.0.3!

To assist you guys in your creativity, you can now do even more to customize your game tags! Here's the rundown:

• Added support for up to 3 layers, making it possible to make more complex game tags
    The layer priority is as follows: Background Image, Text, Avatar, Layer 2, Layer 3, Layer 4.
    For the layer property to properly work, use a canvas that fills the entire tag dimensions and make any space you wish to be transparent around the image you're using. There is a sample of the XML on the main release post.
  • Added theme support for tag avatars
    This avatar is meant to be custom to your theme, and the site will still use the default avatar you specify in the plugin configuration. If there was no entry in the theme XML, the avatar is your default image.
    The avatar is approximately 65px x 65px, and will be scaled to fit, so a square image is recommended.
  • Added support for ARGB colors for fonts allowing transparency in the font color
    To specify an alpha channel for your font colors, set the first value from 0-255, 255 being solid. Then add the RGB color code to use. There's lots of resources on the web for you to get RGB color codes, so I won't go into detail about that here.
    Seperate the values with commas, like so for black with a light transparency:
    <fill_argb>192,0,0,0</fill_argb>
    I also recommend you specify HTML values for users who have older versions of the plugin on their systems for your themes to work. If you would rather use a mix of HTML and ARGB, specify one or the other. It should be noted that ARGB values take presidence over HTML color codes.

That's it for now. Download it from the main post. I will be uploading a PSD template for creating themes shortly.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Thanks! I got the idea from Dazz's sig... I thought it might really pop if he was able to layer some blood lines over the top of the text and/or game images. :)

Here's the PSD with the layer and image/avatar info, as well as a text box so you can get a handle on the layout. As soon as Draco converts this to XCF I'll add a GIMP version too.

These are also available in the first post.

• Like 1

Yerp - works a treat, thanks, Draco.

Cheers Adultery too for the template :)

Thanks! I got the idea from Dazz's sig... I thought it might really pop if he was able to layer some blood lines over the top of the text and/or game images. :)

Nothing like the macabre to inspire chaps of our ilk :)

Perhaps my last release was too hasty...

Updated to 1.0.4

• Added support for up to 3 background layers
  • Added support for up to 3 middle layers
  • Fine tuned the snap postitoning
  • Fine tuned the avatar positioning, expanded size to 70px x 70px
  • Included PSD and XCF template files in the installation zip

The layer priority now looks like this:

• bg image
  • bg layers 1-3
  • game snap
  • mid layers 1-3
  • text/game info
  • fg layers 1-3

I put an example of xml useage on the first post.

That will be it for a while... Back to working on the theme gallery. ;)

• Like 2

Would it somehow be possible to attract info from our Hi-Score gamethreads ...? Or perhaps from the Hi-Score DBM and add stuff to the Game Tagger Plugin ?

It would for example be very cool if a small game-icon and or medal would appear on the Game Tagger signature when somebody has a #1, #2 or #3 hi-score position on a specific game. Is it possible to attract the hi-score position and make an icon somehow appear on the Tagger ? I could come up with more cool game award icons if this would somehow be possible B)

This would be so cool !!

I told ya, it will be integrated. But I have other things to do first before I try to tackle that to get this ready for the general public.

Patience, my friend. I have a plan. I'm not gonna go into detail about it yet though... But what I have in mind will probably knock your socks off. ;)

That's exactly what i would have of done! Now i can! awesome updates man! Seriously loving this :D Ok i think now i shall do V2 with a bloody screen, and only one part :P I have so many ideas now we gots teh layaz heheh

Yup! If this plugin is gonna shine, I gotta make it functional. Can't wait to see what you come up with! ;)

Thanks for putting it through it's paces for me. I added a surprise for you in the latest version, you'll see what I mean when you upload your next tag. ;)

Added support for up to 3 background layers

Added support for up to 3 middle layers

Dammit Adultery - will you give us chance to keep up!? It took me all day to think about what I'd do with ONE overlay, nemmind 6 at different levels!!

Well done you magnificent mad man!

Love it. The art of genuine, true praise is not dead. :)

...Patience, my friend. I have a plan. I'm not gonna go into detail about it yet though... But what I have in mind will probably knock your socks off. ;)

Oh, goody !! I can't wait...the excitement..."easy GC...be patient <_<" ......patience is a virtue but waiting is torture ;) :P

Thanks! Amazing what one can do with a little parchment and ink (images, of course). Took a little bit of playng around with the coloring and contrast to get the dragon image to match the parchment to appear as an old illustration. Now if I can figure out why my avatar is showing black instead of transparency all will be golden!

• Like 1