All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] Game Tagger

Adultery

tagger.png

Current Version: 1.1.5

gt-109a.png

What is this thing?

It's a plugin for an alternate gamer tag for GameEx. Not to take anything away from the one that's already available, but one can never have too many choices, right? :)

Along with the tag and the hosting, you can skin this to suit your needs. The tag supports custom fonts (you can set your own outline and fill color too!), a custom 'no game image' image, and a user avatar, as well as the background image. You can copy and paste the HTML or BB Code right from the configuration page into your forum signature virtually anywhere you frequent. Simple, right?

I really pulled out some code wizardry here if I do say so myself... From scraping the release XML to database work, I really applied a lot of what I learned to make this possible. I guess you can call it a "live experiment", making a plugin interface with a web site. I really am satisfied with the state of the project, but I definitely have more to do before I fully release it. But that's no reason why you fine folks can't get a leg up on the other members... Consider it my way of saying "thanks" for everything you do around here. ;)

OK, so how do I use it?

Easy parcheesi.

• Download the plugin.
  • Register your account on DracLabs from the registration page (you can click here or just press the REGISTER button).
  • Authenticate your account via the link in the email the page sends out.
  • Select or create your theme from the pull-down menu.
  • Watch your friends be amazed!

OTHER FEATURES:

• The new Game Info beta has an integration already set up to display the tag on your second monitor, if you choose to use it. ;)
  • The web page has a user control panel to do some stuff, like see your current tag, change your password, view your stats, etc.
  • The web page will have a section where you can view other user's tags and see what they're playing too.
  • Up to 9 layers to customize your tags however you like, including 3 low level layers, 3 middle level layers, and three top level layers
  • Add wildcards to your layers to add dynamic images to your tags. A list of supported variables are located below.

Custom Theme XMLs

Spoiler

<tagger_theme>
<theme name="Zelda: A Link To The Past" author="Adultery">
<description>A GamerTag skin tribute to Zelda 3 for SNES!</description>
<version>1.1.0</version>
</theme>
<images>
<background>zelda3\tag-bg.png</background>
<no_image>zelda3\no-img.png</no_image>
<avatar>zelda3\avatar.png</avatar>
</images>
<layers>
<low zindex="1">zelda3\bg-textbox.png</low>
<low zindex="2">zelda3\bg-triforce.png</low>
<low zindex="3">zelda3\systems\[emulator].png</low>
<top zindex="1">zelda3\border.png</top>
<top zindex="2">zelda3\icons\[emulator].png</top>
<mid zindex="1">zelda3\zelda.png</mid>
<snap zindex="1">zelda3\snap_effect.png</mid>
</layers>
<font>
<outline type="html" line="0">437C17</outline>
<outline type="argb" line="0">192,67,124,23</outline>
<outline type="html" line="1">437C17</outline>
<outline type="argb" line="1">192,67,124,23</outline>
<fill type="html" line="0">FFFFFF</fill>
<fill type="argb" line="0">255,255,255,255</fill>

<fill type="html" line="1">FFFFFF</fill>
<fill type="argb" line="1">255,255,255,255</fill>

<path>zelda3\zelda3.ttf</path>
</font>
</tagger_theme>

You can also browse the gallery and download themes from here. If you would like to upload themes, you will need to register an account first. :)

Theme Templates
Photoshop Template (PSD) | GIMP Template (XCF)

Wildcard Variables
You can set variables in your layer names for specific images to be shown when certain conditions are met. Here's the list of supported variables:

• [emulator] -> passes the emulator name as the image file name
  • [game] -> passes the database game name as the image file name
  • [rom] -> passes the rom file name as the image file name
  • [developer] -> passes the developer name as the image file name
  • [category] -> passes the game category as the image file name
  • [year] -> passes the release year as the image file name

ARGB Font Color Support
To use ARGB color, simply use an alpha mask from 0-255, followed by the RGB color you wish to use. So for white with a light transparency, you would use:
<fill_argb>192,255,255,255</fill_argb>
To maintain compatibility with older tagger plugins, it's advised that you specify HTML color codes as well, as they will both be parsed when the plugin is running, and HTML will be used if an ARGB is not found.

Wow that's super easy! What if I find a bug?
Report it here! ;)

Any questions? Go for it! Feel free to offer suggestions on how I can make it better, I'm always evolving. :)
If you like it, consider making a small donation to help offset some of the server/db server/bandwidth costs. I won't push for it, but I wouldn't say no either. :)

Download It!
The latest version below is currently not included in the GameEx installation!
You can get it via Direct Download @ DracLabs or use the handy dandy Plugin Updater Software. or of course get it from the Official Download Section.

• Like 7

Awesome man!

I've been waiting for this day for a while ;) Few questions if i may (i'll tinker with it later when i've woken up):

Can we specify the overall size of the tag? Will there ever be a way where we can shift the layout to our tastes, including/excluding diff data? i think if you could do that then we would see some truly unique designs :)

Thanks for all the amazing plugins you continue to provide. You're a legend B)

No. it's set fur the max sig size, and no, the data always goes in the same spot. ;)

Another great bit of kit, Adultery!

However, just registered, but can't log into the CP on your site. Used right un + pw.

Then prompted with same screen with "recover" option (I;m guessing login failiur?)

Also, tried going down the password recovery option - but doesn't seem to work (also not very clear - do you just type in your email? No confirmation messages or anything)

Looks great, thought I'd feedback snags :)

D'oh! I'll have a look here in a minute. ;)

You got the verification email, right?

Yeah I see you have an entry and the account is indeed registered, but passwords are hashed so I can't log in under your name obviously. ;)

OK, would you mind trying again?

I haven't hooked up the recovery option yet, but I did make an error handler for the login page so we'll at least know why your login isn't working.

Thanks! :)

Go to the main page: http://tags.hfc-essentials.com

Click on the User CP link.

When it prompts you to log in, enter your user name and password.

If it redirects to your CP, great. If not, what is the error message?

That's because for some reason the page is sending post data that it's not supposed to, because:

1) The recovery button is disabled. You shouldn't be able to see the EMAIL text field at all if you followed the steps I laid out exactly.

2) That field only appears if you press the RECOVER button specifically.

So try doing a direct link to the login page instead:

http://tags.hfc-essentials.com/login.php?r=111

What happens now? Do you still see the EMAIL box?

What browser are you using?

Ok, i'm having some troubles here.

Firstly i can't log into the site, and if i click the [RECOVER] button i get "Internal Server Error etc" see end of post. It says wrong password but i'm sure it's the one i used to register with, but i use so many frikkin passwords across teh interwebs there is a chance i've chosen to remember the wrong one :D but i'll never know if i can't recover it.

Secondly, no matter how long i play for i get no data. I just played Strike Gunner for a good 15 mins and still says no data. Check my page. Within the plugin configuration itself it is linked to the that page so i'm assuming it's all ok in that area. The only thing is i'm not absolutely 100% sure i'm using the correct password lol i did it the other night when i was basically falling asleep in my chair - that'll learn me huh.

Result of clicking Recover:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

As I told stig, that section of the site isn't done yet. ;)

I can delete that account and you can set it up again if you like. Look in the plugin->gametagger folder and post your log, that'll help me to know what problem we're having here.

As I told stig, that section of the site isn't done yet. ;) I can delete that account and you can set it up again if you like. Look in the plugin->gametagger folder and post your log, that'll help me to know what problem we're having here.

Please could ya :) And yeah i didn't think to look at log - it says wrong PW there too. I dunno how i managed to register and immediately forget it :rolleyes: I'm not at all well ATM so i'll blame it on that :P Could you leave a wee note here when it's deleted and i'll try again B)

Just had chance to proper fiddle with it.. (oo-errr matron)

Great stuff, Adultery!!

Just starting to look into custom skins now. Few things:

1) Do the custom skins upload onto your webpage? Guessing they sit local - some hidden upload feature?

Oh, OK - that's one thing!

Oh, no.... the snapshot and title screen are showing "No Image" on the GameTag Screen

Oh, yes - 3 things!

How about being able to specify a web address for the image? My thoughts are to either link to a dynamically changing snap of my cab camera so you can see people's gurns whilst they play :) Or you could snapshot screenies of the game you're playing or something like that

WTG, Adultery - yet another great plugin

• Like 1

Your theme images sit locally, I have it upload the completed tag when it's all done. :)

I saw that about the title and snap on your tag... I will have to look into this, and I will today probably. Just a quick ?? for you: What format are your images in? Can you post the log for me from the plugin folder so I can see what's going on there?

As for connecting to your camera... Great feature request! I can probably do that. ;)

When you ask what format - do you mean the game snap and title? They'll be in the standard from emumovie - whatever that is. Test with mame games that I know have artwork.

Another q - when you include bb/url code - do the images get displayed as png on the site on which they are posted. In short - would transparencies be preserved?

I fixed the snap and title not uploading. Go grab the new version here. ;)

Sorry about that... But hey, ain't that what beta releases are for? Lol!

• Like 1

OK, we have lift off :D And confirm the snapshots are now uploading. I was on my way to report but i see you already fixed it :)

Question: will there be some sort of configuration section for custom tags? I personally have no problem copying and altering your default xmls, i'm just thinking of your future potential userbase ;) Or is it already there and i'm being dumb?? I've been known to be from time to time, and well, i am loaded up on painkillers ^_^

Yes I'll probably make a theme creator and pack it in there, as well as a theme section on the site where registered users can upload themes to share with everyone. :)

I also plan on adding rgba font colors, maybe an online theme creator tool.

In due time of course. ;)

Yes I'll probably make a theme creator and pack it in there, as well as a theme section on the site where registered users can upload themes to share with everyone. :) I also plan on adding rgba font colors, maybe an online theme creator tool. In due time of course. ;)

Awesome!! Imma mess with it now, see what i can come up with B)

BUG: The BB CODE section generates wrong link for tag image. It "tags" your username to the beginning of mine :D This is what it outputs:

[url=http://tags.hfc-essentials.com/?user=ShmupperFromHell][img=http://tags.hfc-essentials.com/tags/gametag/AdulteryShmupperFromHell.png][/url]

SNIP: /gametag/AdulteryShmupperFromHell.png

The html section seems to be ok though.