All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Wii Database

uberpubert69

Ok. One MORE update for today and then I'm done for awhile. I also added few hundred *more* games which were listed on wiitdb's Wii game db but were not (yet) in this database. I did not include obvious custom mods but I'm sure there are many that look like real games but are not actual Wii games. All have Wii ISO game codes listed and most have descriptions, genre, publisher, developer, etc, now included as well. I cleaned up a good chunk of bogus/odd characters but some remain and can be picked up in future housekeeping efforts.

Records from ID 632 and up are the new records that I added.

Being new, I hope my enthusiasm isn't annoying or unwanted, but once I start something I just can't stand it until it's 'mostly done ...however, I know these things are rare ever truly 'done'.

Thanks!

Wow man. You've made very short work of my project lol. Its basically your project now with the amount of stuff you've added. :P I'm gonna give it a quick look though to make sure that everything looks good.

Great work man, I never would have expected this much help from you. :)

• Like 1

Aww shucks! It still needs TLC, for sure, such as odd character updates and to avoid csv (comma) issues, moving data from XML to CSV, I replaced commas with semi-colons. Not ideal, but ..... I ham happy to assist I had a few cycles of extra time since I just completed my MBA (pat on my own back ...) and was just looking for something to fill some time. Hmmmm, paint a room or geek out on emulator game database .... Hmmmm

• Like 3

I understand, but as stigzler once responded to a similar post I made on another project:

Don't minimize the value of what you've done so far,..........- what we've got is both useable and invaluable

I feel the same applies here, uberpubert unselfishly decided to start a project that would benefit the community, not only here, but for retro gaming in general. You decided to give back by helping out, and that is something I feel makes this community of gamers so great. There will always be tweaking, and making it "a little better", and in time that comes from the guys that just do it, as is evidenced here.

These efforts are often times more appreciated than it seems on the surface, so by all means, keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Perhaps you can help me with a WiiWare database. Unless you've added WiiWare games into this database already. :)

I understand, but as stigzler once responded to a similar post I made on another project:

I feel the same applies here, uberpubert unselfishly decided to start a project that would benefit the community, not only here, but for retro gaming in general. You decided to give back by helping out, and that is something I feel makes this community of gamers so great. There will always be tweaking, and making it "a little better", and in time that comes from the guys that just do it, as is evidenced here.

These efforts are often times more appreciated than it seems on the surface, so by all means, keep up the good work!

I just wanted to give something back to the community because I've gotten hooked up big time with help configuring my GameEx Settings and various other things. To give and receive is the best feeling in the world. Just knowing someone will benefit from the work you do is good enough to motivate people into doing helpful/cool things who are dedicated to this hobby. :)

• Like 2

I've taken a look at the additions/changes that you've made and there are many characters/symbols that need to be removed.

Every game in my list now has "1" in the developer/publisher sections. I'm sure that means that you have other things that need to be removed because the 1s is very noticable. I'm not sure what ypu're using to add all this info at once but it will take me a long time to edit all that myself so I hope you're still around lol.