All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Real DMD support is here!

Here comes my next pack of Real DMD Videos.

Included are these files:

Batman (Data East 1991).mp4
Big Bang Bar (Capcom 1996).mp4
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Williams 1993).mp4
Demolition Man (Williams 1994).mp4
Dirty Harry (Williams 1995).mp4
Elvis (Stern 2004).mp4
Godzilla (Sega 1998).mp4
Goldeneye (Sega 1996).mp4
Hook (Data East 1992).mp4
Hurricane (Williams 1991).mp4
IronMan (Stern 2010).avi
Monopoly (Stern 2001).mp4
No Good Gofers (Williams 1997).mp4
Party Zone (Bally 1991).mp4
Pirates of the Caribbean (Stern 2006).avi
Popeye Saves the Earth (Bally 1994).mp4
Spiderman (Stern 2007).avi
Tommy The Pinball Wizard (Data East 1994).mp4
Tron Legacy (Stern 2011).avi
Whitewater (Williams 1993).mp4
XMen (Stern 2012).mp4

Have fun :)

I will also upload them to the FTP server.

sigma415

RealDMD_Videos_Pack_2.zip

• Like 3

Some additional informations:

Most of the videos I uploaded are in compressed MP4 format, but some others didn't look good as MP4, so I left them as uncompressed AVI.

If someone has problems with MP4 format please let me know. All videos are also available in uncompressed AVI (but with filesize up to 10MB)

All videos are in generic 128x32 format, grayscale and naturally have no spaces between pixels.

I captured them with VirtualDub in VPinMame's test mode, VPM set to grayscale, single size and "Compact Display".

VPM produces 131x35 pixels so I had to do some slight cropping.

And for sure some video editing was necessary to pick out the best scenes.

For tables which segment LED's we have to find another solution. What will come out there by capturing doesn't really look very interresting :mellow:

And we should also leave some room for Tom's standard PBX animation, which also looks very nice.

Yes fast and smooth Tom.

Anyone get Sigma's Elvis dmd video to play? Only one that wont work for some reason, It just planks out dmd All others are PERFECT!

Yes, I also realized later on, that "Elvis" in the first pack did not run on my cab.

This seems to be related to the "lines between pixels" problem Tom mentioned because the first pack is still in double size resolution 264x64.

Elvis in the 2nd pack is in generic 128x32 and should be OK.

I can't delete the older file on the FTP so please ignore it.

Yes, I also realized later on, that "Elvis" in the first pack did not run on my cab.

This seems to be related to the "lines between pixels" problem Tom mentioned because the fist pack is still in double size resolution 264x64.

Elvis in the 2nd pack is in generic 128x32 and should be OK.

I can't delete the older file on the FTP so please ignore it.

I have updated the 1st pak in the ZIP file in my first post above (RealDMD Videos v01a.zip)

Guess I will be looking on at you PinDMD V2 owners with jealousy as I decided to upgrade to a V2 but russ no longer produces them himself.

This means I would need to order from the states and I do not want to do that, especially with russ only living 5 miles away.

Think I am going to just stop being an early adopter :) .

I'm also a PinDMD v1 user. I was going to order a PinDMD v2 from Russ, but it does seem like he isn't shipping them himself anymore, so ordering from the States is too expensive.

@jupiter:

there are also two online shops in Germany who offers the PinDMD v2, but I don't know if they really have it on stock.

xxx.vpin-shop.de/epages/64158583.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64158583/Products/60001

xxx.wolfsoft.de/shop/index.php/cPath/325_327/page/2

Don't know if it's allowed to post direct links to shops in the forum, so please copy yourself into browser.

I have nothing to do with the shops :-)

You'd be surprised. For me to mail a record out it's about $20usd, and thats les than a pound. ;)

Just to let you know I did enquire with Russell about implementing PinDMD 1 support both initially and the other day and on both occasions he told me not to bother with it as hardly anyone has them. I would need some sample code and info on how to do it and I am guessing its not that straightforward. So basically I did try for you.

Just to let you know I did enquire with Russell about implementing PinDMD 1 support both initially and the other day and on both occasions he told me not to bother with it as hardly anyone has them. I would need some sample code and info on how to do it and I am guessing its not that straightforward. So basically I did try for you.

Ok thanks for trying tom, if in the future you do fancy having a crack at it I am willing to loan you my V1?.

I did similar with macro and donated a ledwiz to him to gain the future pinball ledwiz support.

May still buy a version two but just hate paying the import taxes, by my estimation with $19.00 shipping you are looking at £74 total.

post-6857-0-23535100-1401088746_thumb.pn

Russ sold 125 apparently (He said so on VPF) and many of us were early supporters of his project so it is quite disappointing to hear him say don't bother, however what he gave us is pretty incredible so oh well. Many thanks for trying Tom.

Like rockyrocket said the taxes and postage are a killer from the US plus a pain to return items to if an issue.

I can't tell you how to spend your money but just to be clear I won't be adding PinDMD v1 support. Sorry.

That`s` fair enough tom.

If you think about it russ sold what 125 units, and lets guess maybe half of those peeps have converted over to PinballX (who knows) so maybe 70 people.

Think I would rather see evolution done personally than coding time spent on this.