All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

• 4 weeks later...

So I played the original DonPachi and enjoyed that so much I thought I should return to this.

ExedExes - 26,124,810

(plus bonus epic name entry music)

Our third player to join the 25K+ club. Pretty close to MO's topscore of 28M ! Nice job Ex !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• 1 month later...

Man, I try and try and think I have a good score. Then I come here and BLAM! You guys wreck it. I actually remember playing this on my Playstation years ago. Here's my wimpy post.

Score: 4,931,730

Initials: HAN

I think it's not a too bad score. You were at least able to beat Rtkiii's, Adultery's and my score.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 8 months later...

Things to remember when trying to achieve a really high score on DoDonPachi:

- probably the biggest point getter of everything, The Hit Count. Don't ignore it. Try whatever it takes to delay blasting enemies on a smooth and steady pace.

- rely on your natural recall skills to pick up the hidden bees(13 per board). The screen is moving very slow on DDP, hence giving you more than enough time to locate, laser then finally retrieve your hidden gems.

Try to laser the bosses as much as possible. You can get a hit count accumulating at the Boss of each board.

Carrying the Max amount of bombs and then picking up a B item will give you over 10000 points a second. The multiplier increases by 1 every bomb picked up thereafter. These programmers give you incentive NOT to use bombs. Huge incentive. I think this separates the men from the boys.

- if you do decide to use bombs, I suggest you use one when the Bosses power guage is in the red. It must be a laser bomb though. Watch your hit count rise at blazing speeds while using this trick.

- kill the green, fat aliens at close range and get a bonus star worth 10000.

- on Boss 1, try to laser the two explosive parts that rotate in a circle. Blow them up while they are spinning and spawn 10 stars for the feat.

- stay alive the entire duration of the first board and receive a cool 200k. This jumps 100 k for subsequent boards.

Remember, the hitbox is the skull in the middle of the ship. Bullets can pass right through you without harm, as long as no pixels are shared with the skull.

• Like 1

Things to remember when trying to achieve a really high score on DoDonPachi:

- probably the biggest point getter of everything, The Hit Count. Don't ignore it. Try whatever it takes to delay blasting enemies on a smooth and steady pace.

- rely on your natural recall skills to pick up the hidden bees(13 per board). The screen is moving very slow on DDP, hence giving you more than enough time to locate, laser then finally retrieve your hidden gems.

Try to laser the bosses as much as possible. You can get a hit count accumulating at the Boss of each board.

Carrying the Max amount of bombs and then picking up a B item will give you over 10000 points a second. The multiplier increases by 1 every bomb picked up thereafter. These programmers give you incentive NOT to use bombs. Huge incentive. I think this separates the men from the boys.

- if you do decide to use bombs, I suggest you use one when the Bosses power guage is in the red. It must be a laser bomb though. Watch your hit count rise at blazing speeds while using this trick.

- kill the green, fat aliens at close range and get a bonus star worth 10000.

- on Boss 1, try to laser the two explosive parts that rotate in a circle. Blow them up while they are spinning and spawn 10 stars for the feat.

- stay alive the entire duration of the first board and receive a cool 200k. This jumps 100 k for subsequent boards.

Remember, the hitbox is the skull in the middle of the ship. Bullets can pass right through you without harm, as long as no pixels are shared with the skull.

Thanks MO ! Your guide is awesome. Much appreciated :)

29M here I come :P^_^

• Like 1

@ millerbrad

The third boss is nothing compared to Boss 4,5 and 6. I have confidence if you give it a few more goes you will pass the games halfway point.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...