All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

So I made 2 attempts to play this. I went back to C-L to try that combination again, got 17 million.

Read up and figured out how to chain again.

Back to A-L and back to form.

ExedExes - 21,837,530

Nice score ExedExes. Puts you in second place :)

.... :ph34r: .....what's that C-L and A-L exactly...?.... :ph34r:

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Nice score ExedExes. Puts you in second place :)

.... :ph34r: .....what's that C-L and A-L exactly...?.... :ph34r:

Updated OP, DB, RSS

The first letter indicates either red, blue or green ship colour. The second letter indicates either 2X on Laser or Shot.

• Like 1

Nice score, X!! Nice to see another gamer in the 20 million club!! :rolleyes:

I think the fifth board is where you can really have a massive hit count which would subsequently shoot your score through the roof!! I saw an 852 consecutive hit count on a game once! A key thing to remember about the hit count is to refrain from using your bomb(s) because that will cease your hit count and it resets. The fifth is absolutely caked with enemies. Stay alive and you can see that HC be upwards of 330 without a problem. That is one of the criteria you need to meet in order to get a chance to play the second loop. You also need to collect all 13 bees in 4 of the 6 boards, along with get at least 50 million and hit counts of 270 for red fighter, 300 for blue and 330 for green fighters. B)

Ok, enough talk!! I'm hitting DDP. :D

Man, I am stumbling here. I can't seem to eclipse the 20 mil mark. Oh well, I still have a couple of days ;)

DoDonPachi is not our Game of the Month (Anteater is)...so you'll have time enough to break the 20 mil mark ;) Good luck MO !

• Like 1

Well, I played for about 3 hours straight, got 21 million, but failed to capture a screenie, so I shuld be back to challenge that nice 25 million score after getting in on Anteater. I am in EST in Canada, when exactly is the deadline for submitting on Anteater?

• Like 1

...I am in EST in Canada, when exactly is the deadline for submitting on Anteater?

This lead to the idea to add a countdown link to post #1 of our Game of the Month thread. We've chosen the Honolulu Timezone as this is the latest timezone to hit Midnight. This way it is all fair and everyone gets the maximum amount of time ;)

Thank you MO :)

This game is addictive, not a doubt in my mind.

I have the first board down pat, carrying over with about 3 to 3.5 million to the second.

After that, there are no guarantees! I love it when I can get to the second extra bomb for a 3x score for maxing out on bombs, all while trying to make as many of those pink bullets dissappear as possible on the third board! Huge points there!!

I was on f7re on this run, but choked when I got past 20 million.

I must get to board 6!

Ps. TBH, this took about 6 to 8 hours of gameplay! Ahhhhhhh!!!

post-25790-0-08887700-1401759433_thumb.j

• Like 2

This game is addictive, not a doubt in my mind.

I have the first board down pat, carrying over with about 3 to 3.5 million to the second.

After that, there are no guarantees! I love it when I can get to the second extra bomb for a 3x score for maxing out on bombs, all while trying to make as many of those pink bullets dissappear as possible on the third board! Huge points there!!

I was on f7re on this run, but choked when I got past 20 million.

I must get to board 6!

Ps. TBH, this took about 6 to 8 hours of gameplay! Ahhhhhhh!!!

:o Nice score M.O. !! You've added more than 10 millioin points to your last hi-score !

I still have to beat 5 million points :wacko: You're a true shmupper B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing score TiF ! The second member to break the 25M B)

Question: do you simply fly over those bees ? I haven't played the game many times but I'm not sure what I should do to collect the bees...do I shoot at them or simply fly over them ?

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Amazing score TiF ! The second member to break the 25M B)

Question: do you simply fly over those bees ? I haven't played the game many times but I'm not sure what I should do to collect the bees...do I shoot at them or simply fly over them ?

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Thank you, Gimme. I believe the only way to truly get them is to be somewhere over them and then activate the laser. The bees will break free and then you can pick them up.

• Like 1

Nice score TiF! I really need to get my act together on this whole comp :wacko:

What TiF said and this for specifics :)

• Like 1

Thank you, Gimme. I believe the only way to truly get them is to be somewhere over them and then activate the laser. The bees will break free and then you can pick them up.

Thanks TiF ! I'll definitely try that :)

...oops, I seem to suffer from memory loss :P.

Thanks TiF ! I'll definitely try that :)

...oops, I seem to suffer from memory loss :P.

Not at all - it's selective memory and we all suffer from it ;) You only remember what matters to you and at the time of my post it didn't matter to you - but now that you want to get good at DoDonPachi, you'll be aware as you play it :) It's just how our brains work :D

I was hoping this Japanese version of DDP would have a Japanese announcer. Dissapointed.

I agree. This version should have a Japanese announcer ;)

Nice score. Puts you in 5th place and close to our 20M players !

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB