All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Anteater

Anteater
Anteater Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Mame Offender 144,100 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
2 Yung-Jedi 126,520 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
3 ExedExes 119,430 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
4 murve33 93,910 murve33's Hi-Score Entry
5 Cynicaster 33,260 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
6 Luigimaker 21,010 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
7 wolfman24 15,550 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
8 rtkiii 14,550 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
9 Floyd Turbo 11,680 Floyd Turbo's Hi-Score Entry
10 millerbrad 11,520 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 03-09-2019

plus10.jpg

1. jedah - 11,140 (link)
  2. GimmeClassics - 10,680 (link)
  3. hansolo77 - 2,050 (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Anteater:

ROMSet: ANTEATER
Lives: 3
Unknown: Off [All]
Extra Lives: Every 20,000 points [internally done]
Special Rules: None
Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!

* After each month the previous "Game of the Month" will become a regular hi-score game and can be played constantly and will still earn you points for our Leaderboard !

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > pending

-Han

• Like 1

Thanks to all who voted for this game.. it received the most votes (11) compared to the next highest voted game "Bank Panic (7 votes). This game marks a special footprint in our GOTM competitions. It was exactly 1 year ago (this month) that we started our monthly competitions with Galaga (link). Many games and high scores have been played and submitted since that time, and our competition is growing pleasantly well. The GameEx High-Score Staff would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody for their continued support of this venture. We couldn't have done it without your cooperation, ideas, and competitive-ness (if there is such a word!). So on behalf of myself, GimmeClassics, and DazzleHP.. Thank you!

• Like 5

I'll get the party started.

Anteater was one of the first games I ever played in MAME over 15 years ago.

So, I'm a bit good at it. This score won't probably stand for long with the new people around here, but something to shoot for.

ExedExes - 37,560

post-25936-0-89123700-1399001741_thumb.p

I'll get the party started.

The party has officially started ;) - and the bar is set at 37,560.

Good luck people!

*Updated OP, DB, RSS. ( i took the liberty of adding it to the DB ) ... Edit by GC > thanks Dazz....wow this is small !

• Like 1

*Updated OP, DB, RSS. ( i took the liberty of adding it to the DB ) ... Edit by GC > thanks Dazz....wow this is small !

Oops, I knew I forgot something.. I updated the GOTM winner in Golden Axe and forgot to add the next game to the DB manager! Thanks for that Dz! :)

Oh, I can talk small too :)

• Like 1

Initials: JJY

dips per tourney

i've never played a game that I hated so much at first, yet could not stop playing.

addictive, took me a bit to wrap my head around this odd game. 5am here!

post-26673-0-80867300-1399110600_thumb.j

post-26673-0-15496700-1399110604_thumb.j

• Like 1

Initials: JJY

dips per tourney

i've never played a game that I hated so much at first, yet could not stop playing.

addictive, took me a bit to wrap my head around this odd game. 5am here!

Yeah I haven't played this game since I was a kid on my Dad's Atari 800. Can't wait to give it a go.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

Yeah, it takes a while to get used to how the mechanics and “rules” work on this game. It took me several tries to even clear the first stage.

There’s something quite addictive about it, though, and I love that intro theme.

One thing I don’t really like is that spider, because if he appears after you’ve eaten the two powerup things, there is a good chance you’ll find yourself in an impossible situation, in which you can see your certain death coming several seconds ahead of time because there is no way out. That type of thing always smacks of poor game design, IMO.

post-26250-0-57187100-1399294588_thumb.j

I had mad cow disease and was in the zone.

Level 8 is complete mayhem, cats and dogs living together...

I really want to take home the hardware this month, as my son Jasper was born on Cinco de Mayo!

post-26673-0-47382700-1399692792_thumb.jpost-26673-0-19988700-1399692784_thumb.jpost-26673-0-98170100-1399692768_thumb.j

I had mad cow disease and was in the zone.

Level 8 is complete mayhem, cats and dogs living together...

I really want to take home the hardware this month, as my son Jasper was born on Cinco de Mayo!

Nice score Yung-Jedi. Adding another 10K to your previous hi-score :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, looks like this month won't be a one score and done like Toobin' and Bomb Jack were.

Fine, then! Time to EARN this month's title.

ExedExes - 57,060

...only one hour later and Yung-Jedi's top-score is alreay beaten ! Nice battle guys !! B)

I'll definitely upload a score this weekend. I don't think I can compete with the two of you...but let's wait and see ;)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

"What's this? Hold on? What's this? The two of you? At once?

Okay, then. You want beef."

"No no no, we want beef to eat. We got no beef!"

Yung-Jedi 73,050

(& just to be clear, yes ExedExes, I'm aiming at your pedestal) ;)

post-26673-0-54585300-1399862203_thumb.jpost-26673-0-36518300-1399862213_thumb.j

• Like 1

Respect with that latest score. This kid's got potential. This game is important to me, because I've been playing this & Bank Panic for 15 years. These 2 games I've put the most heart and soul and blood/sweat into since the month began. I would love to get this title. Not to say I am giving up, not by far, but I remember KRC and Hammerin Harry as well as the fierce competition we had in Golden Axe. There are just people better than me at the games I love, and to motivate all of you into doing better, that is my goal.

I like the new title on my name here too -- Supporting Member has a ring to it!

• Like 1

"What's this? Hold on? What's this? The two of you? At once?

Okay, then. You want beef."

"No no no, we want beef to eat. We got no beef!"

Yung-Jedi 73,050

(& just to be clear, yes ExedExes, I'm aiming at your pedestal) ;)

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

That's a nice lead you got yourself there! :o

I like the new title on my name here too -- Supporting Member has a ring to it!

I believe your shiny new title gives you access to the GameEx Online Beta too, so if you haven't tried GE yet then now may be the time ;) If you are not aware we have our own RSS feed, so you can view the highscores right there in GameEx :)

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

Edit by GC: Updated LB

• Like 3

“You don’t need to see his identification … These aren’t the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along.”

Yung-Jedi 94,020

post-26673-0-89401900-1400032572_thumb.jpost-26673-0-91359600-1400032583_thumb.j

• Like 2

“You don’t need to see his identification … These aren’t the droids you’re looking for … He can go about his business … Move along.”

Yung-Jedi 94,020

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

Wow :o That's quite an improvement on your last score. Jedi skills without a doubt B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1