All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Blue Wish Resurrection Plus [PC]

DazzleHP

bwrp-logo-small_draclabs_zps86e332b2.png

Blue Wish Resurrection Plus Leaderboard
POSITIONUSER NAMETOTAL SCORE
1TodayIsForgotten30,028,830 :link:
2DazzleHP23,546,530 :link:
3jedah9,728,600 :link:
4GimmeClassics8,304,770 :link:
5celly6,279,990 :link:
6Draco19623,539,790 :link:

Last Updated: 11-28-2014

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for BWRP:

Difficulty: Original
Auto Guard: ON
Accel: OFF
Wait: ON
Ship: ANY!

Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!

What is Blue Wish Resurrection Plus?!

The short: The best completely free bullet hell shoot 'em up ever created.

The long: BWRP is a crazy "bullet hell" Shoot 'Em Up or STG created by a single JP developer who goes by the alias "X.X". It has extremely high production values and easily beats the snot out of many commercial offerings. It has gained high reputation among shoot em up enthusiasts as it is as much a great learning tool/introduction to bullet hell type games as well as being fierce enough to keep hardcore shmuppers coming back for more. If you have seen these types of games and fancied your chances - this is a great way to ease yourself into the genre.

Like the sound of it? Follow the installation guide and it's yours!

Installation Guide:

Go to X.X's site and download Blue Wish Resurrection Plus. Although it's in Japanese it is straight forward if you use some common sense:

X.X Game Room

Click on Game in the left pane, find BWRP and click Download.

NOTE: On the game select page it states ver1.10 but it is actually ver1.11 when you download.

If your common sense is evading you at this moment you are ultimately looking for this button:

bwrp-dl_zps0e5957a7.png

BWR_PLUS1.11.exe is a self extracting archive just like the ones you have used many times before. Run it, when it gets to the screen with a path and a browse button, this is when you choose where to extract it. Choose a directory that suits you and keep hitting (N) >. Once extracted the game is fully portable - WOOP! We like fully portable games with our HTPC's and Cabs don't we B)

All that is left to do is launch it! Wait there is a popup: Answer Yes for fullscreen, No for windowed.

PS: I couldn't find a single vid that wasn't hardcore players PWNing this! So i just recorded the 1st stage demo ^_^
  • Like 2

Well here it is guys, this is what i'm throwing down to y'all! Anyone can join and all are welcome! If you have a PC, you can play this :)

I'll give you some tips but i am by no means one of the best at this game:

If you are new to bullet hells then take it easy! You'll soon learn that you can dodge way more bullets by moving subtly, rather than haphazardly ;) It's why this game is particularly good at introducing newbies.

Get up close and personal! The sheer amount of bullets may scare you into drifting down to the bottom of the screen - don't fall for it! Your weps gain considerable amounts of power the closer you get to your enemy, so get in there and get stuck in!

There are two types of shot - use them effectively! Use "full auto" on minions and "focus" on the bigger fellows. If done right you can "bullet cancel" to great effect!

I hope some of you get great pleasure playing this. Enough that you come back and post your scores!

Good luck!

~Daz

.....WOW ! Very nice Darren !!

I really like your setup. It kinda looks like our MAME competition setup.

Even a cool banner B) I will definitely use this as a format for future Arena threads !!

Very nice to add some background info and an installation guide. I'll most def join this contest...even if I kinda suck at shmups ;)....but it's all about having fun right !

I'm glad you've joined our Hi-Score Team :)

Welcome Draco !! Very nice of you to join our Hi-Score Competition :)

• Like 1

Here's my submission:

initials: DEN

mode / difficulty: original

ship: blue wish

attachicon.gif2819610.jpg

Not bad! Wait till you see stage five :huh:

initials: MAD

ship: Eden

attachicon.gifDraco1962-BWRPlus.PNG

Nice improvement! B) I'll just let you two and anyone else who decides to join in battle it out for a while :)

*Updated OP, DB.

I didn't want to keep you waiting, Den!

ship: Eden

Nice score Draco !! Maybe I should also try this other ship - Eden.

Thank you for the challenge ;)

Nice score Draco !! Maybe I should also try this other ship - Eden.

Thank you for the challenge ;)

Eden is by far the easiest ship to use. When you "full auto" your Options (common term for the smaller ships/orby things) will follow behind and copy your move pattern, which is great for covering the whole screen or keeping your firepower on a powerful enemy while you move out of the way.

I prefer Wish though just coz it's the original :)

ship: Wish

post-5872-0-74615800-1397415217_thumb.pn

I find that each ship has its +/-s depending on your fighting style. Regardless, here is a new score using Wish. B)

• Like 1

I find that each ship has its +/-s depending on your fighting style. Regardless, here is a new score using Wish. B)

Nice improvement Draco ! I haven't been able to break the 3 million points yet :wacko: .... but I like a challenge B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Here's the other gauntlet...

ship: Peace

attachicon.gifDraco1962-BWRPlus.PNG

Making the rounds i see hehehe what did you think of Peace? It's got that nice homing attack but the shots are backwards which throws me! It's pretty good once you get used to it though :)

*Updated OP, DB.

If you use full auto it will target whatever is closest firing at you, however you if shoot in repeated bursts you get the full-on forward focus for the big guys. alternating between burst and full auto is almost essential against the level boss ships due to having to dodge heavy fire.

I have been playing the PC version of Star Wars Racer since I was able to get it to work. So far I haven't been able to best my top score on this one as of yet. Go ahead and post your score. It'll give us something to strive for.

Go ahead and post your score. It'll give us something to strive for.

Okies ^_^ This is nowhere near my best, it's just the first run i did when creating the competition. My alltime is much higher :P

initials: DAZ

post-6865-0-69386600-1398050176_thumb.pn

Here is my Replay if you're interested (remove .txt) - just drop in the \Replay folder then you can watch it ingame through the Replay Theatre. If you already have replays saved you can just rename it so you don't overwrite your own. It can be anything from replay1.dat to replay99.dat i believe :) I made loads of silly mistakes as you'll see! Got a bit twitchy on a few occasions heheh

replay1.dat.txt

*Updated OP, DB.

• Like 2