All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Bomb Jack

Fun game, but a little too pattern-based for me.

@ Cynicaster: unfortunately we can't accept your Bomb Jack Hi-score submission :( ....perhaps you just forgot to enter your initials. Nevertheless, we kindly ask you to submit a screenshot with your initials included.

We run a friendly and casual competition but this is a rule we ask our members to follow. We were perhaps a bit more indulgent in the past but - assuming you're aware of the discussion we've had with TodayIsForgotten a couple of weeks ago - we unfortunately can no longer accept hi-score submissions without initials.

Again, we kindly ask you to either submit a screenshot with your initials included or make use of Adultery's Hi-Score Snapper tool (recommended).

Hoping for your understanding.

~ HS Team

• Like 1

No problem... I did enter my initials after taking the pic, and fortunately, my cab saves high scores so the proof is still available.

Actually, M.O. was present when I got that score, as we were having a mini-tourney in person. I know that doesn't count as proof, but just thought I'd mention it. :D

• Like 1

No problem... I did enter my initials after taking the pic, and fortunately, my cab saves high scores so the proof is still available.

Actually, M.O. was present when I got that score, as we were having a mini-tourney in person. I know that doesn't count as proof, but just thought I'd mention it. :D

Just re-submit a snapshot with your initials and you'll be fine :) Thanks for understanding !

A mini-tourney with MO ! That sounds like a lot of fun :) Two GX hi-score members playing our games together ! Cool man :)

• Like 1

While I am impressed with your latest progress, I've but one word for you -

STAHP

That being said, perhaps this will cool it down.

ExedExes - 475,340

(and that's not nearly as good as some of the scores from the IGBY, many of them twice as much!)

post-25936-0-79423700-1421038976_thumb.p

⭐Round 11

Gettin' warmer.

Getting close to beating 400K ! You really get the hang of this game MO B)

While I am impressed with your latest progress, I've but one word for you -

STAHP

That being said, perhaps this will cool it down.

ExedExes - 475,340

(and that's not nearly as good as some of the scores from the IGBY, many of them twice as much!)

Widening the gap again... :o ....close to beating 0.5M

NICE !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Of course you realize, this means war!!

Im stumbling on the 11th board. Once I manage to pass that with a couple of spare men, I will give it a go at the top. But I tell ya, xdxs sure does keep you on your feet!

post-25790-0-03749100-1421188105_thumb.j

post-25790-0-42262600-1421188332_thumb.j

• Like 2

I'm trying guys. My leads are short lived around here.

Back to the Bomb Jack Drawing Board.

Hint:

↪ Control your greed on Bomb Jack. Sometimes youre better off grabbing 1,2, even 4 bombs out of order for the sake of getting away from insane situations to get to the next level.

↪Keep in mind the "E" comes every 4 or 5 boards, sometimes even 6 boards. Dont ignore it and try to watch closer from board4 and on for the free man. You have ample time, so find a way to swoop down and get it when you spot it.

↪The fused Bomb bonus schedule:

23 = 50 k

22 = 30 k

21 = 20 k

20 = 10 k.

↪Grab the "P" at opportune times, and dont grab it for a series of usually easy bombs. Use the "P" for the usually difficult bombs.

↪Take advantage of your characters crafty maneuverability. You can really get around the board fairly easily if you can anticipate and plan your path in advance.

• Like 2

The tips that were just posted are very useful, I even used them myself. Remember to check out the tips I posted earlier in this thread.

This new score I'm about to post represents my magnum opus, all of my efforts in over 15 years of playing this game, and it still isn't as good as the scores in the IGBY.

ExedExes - 500,680

I truly feel as if I pushed myself to reach the 500K, and seeing the Offender's performance in the course of only a couple of weeks on this game is most impressive. If he can beat me by roughly 200 points, he too can reach 500K and even beat me here.

I leave you with the most important tip of all.

↪ Control your greed on Bomb Jack. Sometimes youre better off grabbing 1,2, even 4 bombs out of order for the sake of getting away from insane situations to get to the next level.

Something I need to remind myself of once in a while (there are times when 30K and even 10K aren't good enough, but this is an absolute necessity after Round 10! :ph34r:)

post-25936-0-06067900-1421383390_thumb.p

• Like 1

...Hint:

↪Keep in mind the "E" comes every 4 or 5 boards, sometimes even 6 boards. Dont ignore it and try to watch closer from board4 and on for the free man. You have ample time, so find a way to swoop down and get it when you spot it.

↪The fused Bomb bonus schedule:

23 = 50 k

22 = 30 k

21 = 20 k

20 = 10 k.

↪Grab the "P" at opportune times, and dont grab it for a series of usually easy bombs. Use the "P" for the usually difficult bombs.

↪Take advantage of your characters crafty maneuverability. You can really get around the board fairly easily if you can anticipate and plan your path in advance.

Thanks for your gameplay hints MO ! Much appreciated B)^_^

Still having trouble to plan my path in advance... :blink:...I'm planning to boost my old Bomb Jack score this weekend. First goal: beat 100K !

The tips that were just posted are very useful, I even used them myself. Remember to check out the tips I posted earlier in this thread.

This new score I'm about to post represents my magnum opus, all of my efforts in over 15 years of playing this game, and it still isn't as good as the scores in the IGBY.

ExedExes - 500,680

I truly feel as if I pushed myself to reach the 500K, and seeing the Offender's performance in the course of only a couple of weeks on this game is most impressive. If he can beat me by roughly 200 points, he too can reach 500K and even beat me here.

I leave you with the most important tip of all.

Something I need to remind myself of once in a while (there are times when 30K and even 10K aren't good enough, but this is an absolute necessity after Round 10! :ph34r:)

Amazing score Ex...the first one to break 500K !! Both you and MO are pushing each other to great heights :)

Nope, I havent put my sword away yet!! I've added yet another chapter to the:

Battle of Bomb Jack Supremacy!!

It seems like there is no end in sight to this exasperating bomb-collecting bonanza!!

Im getting really good at the first few boards, but after 10 boards the bomb bonuses arent there for me yet.

The enemies really start to get hectic after the 15th.

A tip of my head sir for this amazing score B) Like Ex already said....your Bomb Jack hi-score improvement in a couple of weeks is most impressive !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

Not since the feud I had with Yung-Jedi back in May for the Anteater title have I seen such fierce competition, and in half the time that took. You have bested me in a game that I truly could have called one of my best by far. If you were here back in March competing for this GOTM, I could have seen myself easily lose out to you. Y-J did it that fateful day at the end of May, and now it's your turn. I yield to your amazing skills. Congratulations.

To you great Offender of the north, I give you

tumblr_mfps1yMaoi1rcny7ko1_250.gif

Hey, look at that. Animates just like the Bomb Jack logo.

• Like 1

Congratulations.

To you great Offender of the north, I give you

tumblr_mfps1yMaoi1rcny7ko1_250.gif

Hey, look at that. Animates just like the Bomb Jack logo.

- I got a kick out of your observation. I agree, it does remind me of the Bomb Jack Logo!

Haha! Thanks pal, from Down Under!! Getting props from the top player in the forum is very gratifying!!

Let it be known though, these high score efforts didn't come easy. I know it seemed like everything happened so quickly, but keep in mind that I hit the X Arcade machine hard with Bomb Jack. I played countless games and I never gave up until I hit my goals.

Its colourful and fluent animations, gorgeous background graphics, along with strategic gameplay make it an addictive title indeed!

It has been quite the gory battle between us here, and I expect you will be attacking this score in the future. But for now, I will enjoy being atop of this 1984 smash arcade hit!!

Off to something else for now...

• Like 1

Still having trouble to plan my path in advance... :blink:...I'm planning to boost my old Bomb Jack score this weekend. First goal: beat 100K !

This game is really addictive !!

My goal was to beat 100K...I was able to improve my personal best score from 59K to 154K :).

Next goal: trying to beat Jedah's 213K score ;)

initials: DEN

post-10451-0-30677700-1421601497_thumb.j

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

• Like 1

@ Cynicaster: unfortunately we can't accept your Bomb Jack Hi-score submission :( ....perhaps you just forgot to enter your initials. Nevertheless, we kindly ask you to submit a screenshot with your initials included.

We run a friendly and casual competition but this is a rule we ask our members to follow. We were perhaps a bit more indulgent in the past but - assuming you're aware of the discussion we've had with TodayIsForgotten a couple of weeks ago - we unfortunately can no longer accept hi-score submissions without initials.

Again, we kindly ask you to either submit a screenshot with your initials included or make use of Adultery's Hi-Score Snapper tool (recommended).

~ HS Team

Finally got around to snapping that photo (not that this score is worth much anymore).

post-26250-0-32788900-1421973490_thumb.j

• Like 1

~ HS Team

Finally got around to snapping that photo (not that this score is worth much anymore).

Thank you for uploading your snapshot Cynicaster :) ...I really appreciate the effort and your understanding !

A pretty good score btw ! Good luck however beating MO or should I say...your bro ;)

Game on !

Updated LB

• 3 weeks later...