All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
Bomb Jack Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 Mame Offender 684,810 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
2 ExedExes 500,680 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
3 greatstone 320,900 greatstone's Hi-Score Entry
4 Cynicaster 304,660 Cynicaster's Hi-Score Entry
5 jedah 213,280 jedah's Hi-Score Entry
6 GimmeClassics 154,750 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
7 Luigimaker 88,650 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
8 wolfman24 75,030 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
9 millerbrad 73,980
10 Yung-Jedi 69,900 Yung-Jedi's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 08-13-2020

plus10.jpg

1. hansolo77 - 63,040 (link)
  2. rtkiii - 61,970 (link)
  3. murve33 - 57,600 points (link)
  4. helpman - 45,110 points (link)

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Bomb Jack:

ROMSet: Bomb Jack (set 1) / bombjack
Coin A: 1 Coin/1 Credit
Coin B: 1 Coin/1 Credit
Lives: 3
Cabinet: Upright
Demo Sounds: On
Bonus Life: None
Bird Speed: Hard
Enemy Number & Speed: Hard
Special Coin: Easy
Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!

--> Note: TwinGalaxies remains DOWN. The above settings are the default, and should be just fine. If new data is presented, these settings may change, but we're good with these for right now.

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide > link
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide > link
# general rules for submitting you hi-score > link
# the above settings are the default Twin Galaxies settings > pending

-Han

Well, this was weird... this game runs choppy on my arcade! The game's a bit slow and the sound's choppy, like it echoes a bit...
tried removing the scanlines effect, nothing. lowering sound output samplerate, nothing, even removed bezels... and nothing!

:( :( I'll try changing from d3d to directdraw rendering, just in case...

Anyway, here is my highscore... 45.110 post-14523-0-92237300-1393775313_thumb.j

Edited: no way. d3d, autoframeskip, noswitchres, 22050 audio, no bezels, nothing at all... and the sound keeps sounding glitchy :(

I have this on my cab and I do not recall having any issues. Maybe try another one as my PC is far from top of the line...it is an old AMD3GHZ...single core.

so you suggest me to replace the rom? I just can't pinpoint what's causing the glitchy sound :(

yeah sometimes I have had an issue with a bad one. went to another place and found a better rom...unless this sound thing is happening with all games now

Soooo glad this won! I've been playing this forever.

This score's a little better than what I usually get.

ExedExes - 401,300

Who invited this guy to the party! :) Most scores are attainable then this guy and KRC come in and DESTROY everyone. :) New Goal..."Be happy with getting 4th Place" LOL

Soooo glad this won! I've been playing this forever.

This score's a little better than what I usually get.

ExedExes - 401,300

...and just a little better than the other hi-score submissions ;):P ....You've some amazing hi-scores for us to try and beat...! I like the challenge :)

Who invited this guy to the party! Most scores are attainable then this guy and KRC come in and DESTROY everyone. :) New Goal..."Be happy with getting 4th Place" LOL

I think our Shmup-contest has introduced ExedExes to our GameEx Hi-Score competition ;)

When I created this hi-score competition my wish was to have active participation and a challenging competition. KRC and ExedExes have indeed submitted amazing hi-scores and I like the challenge of trying to come close or maybe one day beat one of those scores. Trying to improve your own game and have a challenging goal is what's making this competition fun !!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: THIS IS MY 1,000 REPLY ON GAMEEX !! B) B)

I've joined November 29, 2012 and I am still greatful to be part of such a friendly community. A BIG thank you to everybody !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

Far be it from me to scare people off from playing! I just happen to have tons of real world arcade experience and I've been using MAME for well over 15 years. I'm not good at everything. Look at my scores for Donkey Kong and Q*Bert for some good examples. I'm not exactly the best there.

I'm gonna give you all a bit of help. Check out this site for some tips.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Never played this game prior because it wasn't compatible with the version of MAME I'd been using all of these years. I was missing out.

Nice first submission murve !! This competition has also introduced me to this excellent game :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Four days left to try and beat Exed Exes top score and win the Game of the Month signature banner ! It seems almost impossible :blink: but good luck to all of you !!

Maybe our other top players, KRC and Mame Offender, can come close to our current hi-score ! Or somebody we might not expect...... B)

With an outstanding an unmatchable high score, ExedExes has taken over as the king of HighScores this month. His +400k score was so unbelievably high that the closest anybody was able to get to was rtkiii with his score of 61,970. Way to go EE, you really deserved to be our GOTM winner this month!

But I submit a challenge to the rest of you! Don't let EE be the champ forever! Surely somebody out there has the power and stamina to dethrone him! Lets continue to see scores submitted.

• Like 1

Congratulations ExedExes winning your second GOTM competition !!

You have really deserved to win this edition. An outstanding hi-score !

Because you have won our Game of the Month you have received your personal banner (see PM) and are added to our GOTM Winners thread :)
We are glad to have you as a hi-score member. You've submitted some pretty amazing hi-scores B)

Note: The GOTM contest is over, but you can still play and submit Bomb Jack hi-scores. We'll keep updating the Bomb Jack hi-score table and Leaderboard !

• 3 months later...

Fun odd little game.

don't think I'll wreck my weekend attempting how to even come within a stones throw of that 400k. yikes.

Yung-Jedi 69,900

post-26673-0-82602900-1405197692_thumb.j