All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

sega cd games?

mattpist

so my arcade cabinet is doing really well, and im about 90% done configuring everything... im just having a hard time with my sega cd games. im using kega fusion 3.5 as my emluator, and i know that fusion will open sega cd bin/cue images, but most of my sega cd games are in mds/mdf (alcohol 120%) format, and when i export them to bin/cue with isobuster, a lot of the games lose sound or won't work at all.

so my solution to this is to run daemon tools to mount/unmount the cd with the 'launch before'/'launch after' command lines in the configuration. this works fine, but i can't get sendkeys to send a "ctrl+b" (or "^B" in the configuration) to fusion (ctrl+b is the shortcut to boot a sega cd from a cd drive). ive even set the delay as long as 20000 (20 seconds) to give it time to boot up the emulator, but nothing happens.

do i have this correct? what am i doing wrong? can anyone help? is there any hope? :P

I can't help you with sending keys, but UltraISO has a CD image converter in it's tools menu. I haven't tried it on Sega CDs, but it has worked with some Playstation CDs that I needed to convert.

so my arcade cabinet is doing really well, and im about 90% done configuring everything... im just having a hard time with my sega cd games. im using kega fusion 3.5 as my emluator, and i know that fusion will open sega cd bin/cue images, but most of my sega cd games are in mds/mdf (alcohol 120%) format, and when i export them to bin/cue with isobuster, a lot of the games lose sound or won't work at all.

so my solution to this is to run daemon tools to mount/unmount the cd with the 'launch before'/'launch after' command lines in the configuration. this works fine, but i can't get sendkeys to send a "ctrl+b" (or "^B" in the configuration) to fusion (ctrl+b is the shortcut to boot a sega cd from a cd drive). ive even set the delay as long as 20000 (20 seconds) to give it time to boot up the emulator, but nothing happens.

do i have this correct? what am i doing wrong? can anyone help? is there any hope? :P

mattpist i have mega cd working fine and dont mount the images i also use Kega Fusion might be a good idea to convert your images to *.ISO format this is the format mine are in and Kega will open them :D

mattpist i have mega cd working fine and dont mount the images i also use Kega Fusion might be a good idea to convert your images to *.ISO format this is the format mine are in and Kega will open them :D

can Iso images contain audio tracks ?? i would go for Cue/bin the sound tracks will be more accurate when they are as tracks in a image and not as mp3/wave in serparete files ....

can Iso images contain audio tracks ?? i would go for Cue/bin the sound tracks will be more accurate when they are as tracks in a image and not as mp3/wave in serparete files ....

i would have thort it would have to be like an audio cd with data on forgot what there called now :blink: and would have thought it would be a pain to get working tbh

probly easyer to have the tracks playing in winamp when game is launched

possibly a playlist per game should work

if your sega cd games (or any cd game) is in a format of iso and wav/mp3 files, you'll need to create a .cue file showing the location of all the files for that cd game. make sure to convert your mp3's to wav! you can use winLame for windows for this. it'll probably help to use a .cue file from another cd game as a template.