All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Hi Score Feature and Mame .136

thurmansevolution

Hello and good morning/afternoon/evening! :)

I recently updated my cab and instead of using pre-compiled versions of mame (mame32), I decided to compile my own version of Mame UI with hiscore support.

I used Headkaze's MameCompiler64, and compiled Mame 136 with no errors. I couldn't find any of the update patches, but after googling around for awhile, I heard that the source code I downloaded from the MameDev website had the updates worked in. I also applied the hiscore.diff patch for 136 with no errors, and with using hiscore.dat, everything is working as it should...except for one thing -

I cannot...for the life of me...get GameEx to show the High Scores within the game's menu.

I enabled the high score support in the Mame Advance Config section using the Setup Wizard. The "High Score" section still does not appear within the game's info section (I tried Donkey Kong, Pacman, etc) and sometimes, HiToText seems to crash.

Lol, I would normally upload my config ini and log files, but presently away from the cab at the moment and won't be able to return for another 8 or so hours. But, off the top of your heads, is there a step that I'm skipping somewhere?...does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance! :)

LC

This is a feature that I've rarely been able to see working even on my setup. I have everything enabled, and the proper MAME config with HiToText, etc. Only a few games actually show the highscores when I select them. It loads up a rendered GameEx screen similar to the image when you're looking at your GameEx stats or the screen you'd see when it was downloading an update. With so many updates recently though, it's possible this functionality has stopped working, or is now buggy. From what I can say, you've done everything right (aside from having the latest version of MAME, mine is .142 I think, so I know yours is older).