All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Emulator Control Mapping

MNMax21

I want to start setting up commodore 64 and intellivision on my cabinet. I think I should be able to get it working just fine, my problem has always been the compatibility with those systems when taking into account the fact you'd be playing them on a 4 player pushbutton style cabinet control panel, not a computer or the intellivision dial deal. The control mapping always seems daunting and I just shy away from it. I am wondering if anyone can direct me to a control file or link for either system that would assist in the control mapping process to have it accurately play the game by way of an arcade control panel. If that is out there.

I think I will use WinVice for commodore and Nostalgia for Intellivision.

I share your pain, brother!

The winvice setup was techie but worth it. Great emu.

Depends on your cab setup. Theres a basic joystick setup in the emu menu allowing joy directions and fire. However, I also mapped other commonly used c64 keys to cab buttons like Space and RunStop. Used lot in games and loaders.

Second thing was all the great functions in winvice like snapshots, videos, warp all mappable to hotkeys. You have to edit some ini somewhere for these.

I used autohotkey to map cab buttons to the hotkey/c64 buttons, but you could also use the Advanced Config function in GE to do this.

I was meaning to put guides on my site to the setups, so if you get stuck, just holler.

Oh and make sure you map the Toggle joyport key to a cab button too.

Good luck chap

• Like 1