All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Contemplating on Registering

uberpubert69

I've been using GameEx for a few years now on and off, and have been thinking about registering recently. I would like to hear the communities opinion on how much better the experience is with registering, if its worth registering for, etc. I've got about 10,000 games most of which is a mame fullset. I got a few emulators that I have to keep reconfiguring controls for and was wondering if theres something the registered version does that makes using it less tedious, and stuff like per game settings (probably not I assume).

I appreciate your input. :)

BTW yes I've read the list of features the registered version brings but I like hearing opinions from people with first hand experience with the registered version.

It's worth the price just based on the updates and the Labour of love involved. :-)

I'll let a non partial user tell you their opinions. I'm a bit biased. :-)

Like Adultery, I'm a bit biased but there are so many great registered features available for GameEx that I almost can't imagine going without. I registered very soon after starting to use GameEx though, so to be honest I don't have a lot of experience yo relate regarding the unregistered version. There are so many registered features that I rely on almost every time I start GameEx (the bolded items in the list below), and I can attest to the usefulness to so many of these.

• No nag screen. Fast loading
  • Game manual PDF and TXT viewer
  • GameExtender networked display and remote control. Display game information and custom artwork on another display. Remote control GameEx with any web browser or your iPhone or iPad.
  • Various MAME lists including on line lists
  • Complete menu customization. Organize the layout, structure and appearance of the gameex pages, and create your own menu system.
  • A new front end first for registered GameEx users - Plug and play Steam support with automatic artwork, videos and database. Access all your installed Steam games from the GameEx interface.
  • Advanced emulator configuration with key and gamepad remapping for programs that don't natively support it.
  • Karaoke
  • MAME to emulator mapping. Launch specifc MAME games or MAME game types with alternate versions of MAME or emulators
  • Search feature. Easily find all games and media
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun support adds live TV to GameEx.
  • Play DVD and Blu Ray ISOs
  • Automatically exit launched games and programs after a period of inactivity
  • CD Player with album lookup
  • Goodmerge 7-Zip support
  • Merge game lists for games with multiple regions or disks
  • Play emulators in the screensaver
  • Zip support for emulators that dont natively support it.
  • Rotated monitor support
  • Mouse control emulation
  • eBook and Comic Book reader
  • Play seperate music based on emulator list
  • Over 1,000 additional radio stations
  • CD-Ripper with album lookup
  • Automatic updates
  • Export games to windows media center
  • Automatically create all game snaps as images or video
  • Game Statistics, available online through GameExtender and from the interface.
  • Media Library. The Media library brings all your pictures, videos and audio together in one place. It can also be used as an alternative to the jukebox by allowing you to view your music by folder and filename
  • Run GameEx on Linux and Macs under Wine.
  • Free license for the specific Mac OS X version.

Only you can decide whether those are features that you would use regularly, but at least from my perspective I can't imagine going without! :D Happy gaming man!

It already seemed worth it to me just to support an awesome piece of software like GameEx anyways, I was just wondering how people felt about it. The auto video game snaps alone will help so much. Plus I've been avoiding adding some emulators because I have many goodmerge zips

It was worth the Money to me just to remove the mag screens lol. Coming from a

Above average, but below you guys state of knowledge, gameex is god. I've dabbled with hyperspin multiple times. And realized it takes. Genius to get it to run properly. Fxck hyperspin. I reverted to such front ends such as mamewah.. Until somehow the greatest front end to elude me came.. I was happy to support gameex. the nag screens had to go for my cabinet. The community is awesome and has helped me with EVERYTHING I asked. And the features and updates are great. I'd say between its features,

Future upgrades, community,

And just appreciation for the creators.. I'd say register.

• Like 1

Complete menu customization. Organize the layout, structure and appearance of the GameEx pages, and create your own menu system.

This for me is worth the license fee alone! To be able to organize your whole menu system, how you want with such ease! I couldn't personally live without it. I even wrote a simple guide. But then i am also a bit biased :D

Bottom line is there are many obvious reasons to purchase a license, and many subtle ones that will become prevalent once you have used it for a while (registered or not). Many regular updates! I've used 100's of software in my time, none match the frequency of updates that GameEx has (which doesn't cost you, the user), bugfixes that usually come so fast, most people aren't even aware of them existing in the first place, and Tom, the actual Author of GameEx always being present and active on the forum - I literally dare you to name any similar software that matches that kind of service! These alone deserve a purchase IMO without all the extra magic you get with a license :)

That is all just of course my own opinion :P You are free to make your own choice.

• Like 1

I came to the same conclusion after trying several. IMO there is no perfect front end, but they all seem to have a particular feature set they excel at. This is what brought be back to GameEx, it's like it was almost tailored for what I'm trying to do. I guess since it was really the first one I tried, I somehow forgot this, but funny enough exactly what I was looking for was right in front of me the whole time. I admit I got caught up in the hyperspin craze, and I'm still looking forward to see 2.0, but who am I kidding, I have enough trouble with clrmamepro. :rolleyes:

As soon as I get a few more dental bills behind me, I'll be registering for sure.

I was planning to register too. But! I don't have a credit card and since Google wallet needs that it looks like I'm doomed. PayPal would be a great solution for me. Mailed a question about this but still no response. :(

For any issues regarding registration, please contact the author via PM or email. Thank you.