All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

A (spanish) trip to remember those great old arcades :D

helpman

I built an arcade cabinet for my own pleasure :D and though "I get sweet memories back to when I played these games on the arcade..."

so, why not record gameplay videos with my last coin, and maybe make others remember those old great times?

So I began recording gameplays of the games I like the most, or the games that were common on spanish arcades.

I speak spanish, sorry for that, but maybe those videos will give you some sweet memories back to you too...

The video series is called "Un Arcade para recordar" (an arcade to remember), and I keep uploading videos from time to time.

Great if you want to practise spanish, though.

I talk about game characters, game tips, general nonsense, and some cursing too :D

First one is the intro video, and I just added subtitles in english ;D so at least you know what I'm saying on the intro video :D

every other video is in spanish...

Here's the playlist link :D

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4UsjuTMqCAlribOrCxU63ltmJKkEe47g

• Like 2

Ok, I'll post them here too...

I'll use 1 post per video, as there's a limit of youtube videos you can see in a single message.

This is the first video I made about my arcade.

It was the first time I managed to connect the coin selectors and make them work. Until then, I had to press a button for credits.

I had the arcade, I had the controllers, I had the games... but the feeling and the memories were not complete. I needed the coins.

So, I had to try them on the best game for that, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... because it's great to hear them scream COWABUNGA!

As it was my first video it was not intended for gameplay, just to keep safe that epic moment (for me at least) of enabling the coin selectors.

I play the game with 1 hand while holding the camera XD on next videos I set the camera on a tripod between me and the arcade machine...

Video 06. Commando

I used to be ...maybe not great on this game, but I used to play better. It looks like the decades without playing this game had something to do with me being such a bad player :D or maybe I remember being a better player than what I really was :D

Video 13. Shinobi.

The great game of the ninja :D

People used to gather around this game everywhere, and everybody will recognise the music :D

This is the first game I changed my recording style. Now I use a camcorder that records the arcade music, my voice and my face, while I use a screen capture program (bandicam) to get the video directly from the game.

Video 16. Final fight.

If you ever played a single beat them up, it would be final fight.

Meet hagger, guy and cody and start kickin' butts :D

There's some dead time at the end of the subway train level where I only speak,if you don't understand spanish feel free to skip that part :D

• 4 weeks later...

I know its on the other side of Spain, compared to where you are, so you probably wont know, but are you aware of any old arcades left in the Torrevieja area?

I head there most summers but it's something I've never came across in all my years heading to Spain, not even a single arcade cabinet anywhere, new or old. I always hire a car so don't mind travelling a few hours if there was somewhere worth seeing.