All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Hammerin' Harry

It's not gonna be me this month. I really wanted to make it 2 in a row. Too much activity in Stage 4, and I'd have to figure out the boss and for that, I'd need more time.

It was a departure from what most would consider "classics", however.

ExedExes - 96,400

post-25936-0-07723900-1393561467_thumb.p

Yeah KRC set the standard pretty high this month! Still, there is always March to get one back, and April, and May... :D

As for the game chosen - these are all picked by members themselves and all games mentioned will be in a monthly poll eventually so feel free to mention a few if you would to like to see them in the comp ;) Just drop em in the Poll Thread

*Updated OP, DB, RSS.

I just checked the record books, and yep! Our February GOTM Champion is..

KRC with his score of 182,000 (link)

Yay, congrats, and hats off my friend! Lets see somebody beat this score though, keep it interesting! GC should be in touch with you shortly KRC with your new badge of honor. In the meantime, we got a new game for you guys to play this month. Bomb Jack was selected, so enjoy it!

I just checked the record books, and yep! Our February GOTM Champion is..

GC should be in touch with you shortly KRC with your new badge of honor...

:unsure::unsure: ... @ KRC > I'll sent you the badge this week. I'm very busy at work so I've very little spare time right now....sorry ;)

• 7 months later...

This game did not come naturally for me. Took forever to get the score I did.

Very unforgiving game. That 182k score of KRC is INSANITY BY A ONE MAN JURY.

Yung-Jedi 97,000

post-26673-0-65298200-1415422287_thumb.j

This game did not come naturally for me. Took forever to get the score I did.

Very unforgiving game. That 182k score of KRC is INSANITY BY A ONE MAN JURY.

Yung-Jedi 97,000

KRC's score is epic ! Your 97K score however is also pretty amazing B)

....you've beaten Exes' score with only 600 points but it earns you an additional 10 Leaderboard points ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BRAD - 41,200

The controls are actually pretty extensive in this game. I just have a heck of a time trying to move directly up/down with the square restrictor on my cabinet's sticks. Maybe I should try playing with a 360 controller...

hharry41200.jpg

It's been a while since I've played this, so I'm not sure how critical the control is.  It makes me wonder, should I ever build my own cab.. do they make sticks that can be changed?  Like twist it one way and it's 4-way, then twist it the other way and it's 8-way?  I'm not looking now, just curious.  And it's way off-topic, so...

Updated OP, DB, RSS!

As a >>snicker<<..... Your score booted one of our top players off the board!  Where's MO's score? :) TIF is pretty close to getting booted too.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

do they make sticks that can be changed?  Like twist it one way and it's 4-way, then twist it the other way and it's 8-way?

Mag Stik Plus from Ultimarc is exactly this.

There's also the OMNI2 from GroovyGameGear (which I have on my cab), where there's a switch under the joystick to change it.

If you want to get real fancy, Ultimarc has the ServoStik, which automatically changes to 4/8 way based on the game you're playing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, millerbrad said:

Mag Stik Plus from Ultimarc is exactly this.

There's also the OMNI2 from GroovyGameGear (which I have on my cab), where there's a switch under the joystick to change it.

If you want to get real fancy, Ultimarc has the ServoStik, which automatically changes to 4/8 way based on the game you're playing.

Wow, you know your controls! 

I have never heard of the "ServoStik", that would be such a nice luxury to have, being able to have the joystick automatically determine if the game is 4 way or 8 way!!  Unreal!

• 3 months later...

If I recall, I only played this once or twice when we first added it, then I never came back to it.  It was a fun game from what I remember, it's just another one of those games that I suck at, whereas everybody else was so much better than me that it just felt impossible to compete against and never tried again.  Good job!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 1 year later...