All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[SPECIAL BETA] GameEx Online

Tom Speirs

Just wanted to let folks know Pinball Images are updated and synced from files on the FTP once a day. So if your images are not showing up online simply upload them to the FTP. You should be sharing anyway ;)

Tom, what is the dir location on the FTP? I see a few different places.

Z

Ok let's call the new version 1.73B....

I'm not sure if this was your intent for it to work this way, or it should be the other way but.....

On online.gameex.com --> My Page --> All Games - the alphabet is down the right side. When I click on 'R' I thought I would see all tables that start with 'R' instead it brings me to the page with the 'R's so the user needs to scroll down. Is it possible to just list the 'R's in this example? Sorry don't know if it's a bug or feature enhancement.

Z

Could I please have some folks test the site on mobile devices? I've spent quite a bit of time making it render really nice and it would be good to get some feedback.

I tried it on my iPhone 4S: it looked good and I had no issues with anything I tried to do. It should be noted, however, that I cannot participate in the beta at this time, because my pin computer is currently disassembled while I finish building my cabinet. -_-

Worked great. No problems launching, exiting, switching tables from web portal

Tested on ipad using safari

Tested on old android phone also

The Pinballx gamer card is too big to be used as signature on vpforums.org. Vpforums limits images to 600x100. Gamer card is 433x163. No prob with vpuniverse or gameex. Maybe offer an alternate smaller game card

Ipad username/email login: It is trying to capitalize first letter and also auto correction triggered. I don't think I have seen that before on a login field before

Enhancement:

Would be nice to see option to exit Pinballx front end also

Just wanted to let folks know Pinball Images are updated and synced from files on the FTP once a day. So if your images are not showing up online simply upload them to the FTP. You should be sharing anyway ;)

Where are the details on the FTP site? I gots stuff to push up there... Gray box bad. Wheel image good. :lol:

Hello All,

First of all I just want to say that PinballX ROCKS! With that being said, I downloaded the beta version and currently am running it on one computer and using the online portal to control it. Easily starts and exits tables on the fly. I've tested with a second PC and my mobile phone.

Two things - when I clicked to "Shut Down" and then yes to confirm it, PinballX just exited and I went back to my desktop. Tried this a few times from my pc and once from my phone. Both just exit the program.

The only suggestion I have right now is - from the PC it's hard to tell which game I'm actually clicking "play" on. If you could possible make it a two tone layout to help differentiate the game list, it would be much easier to know exactly what your clicking.

Thanks for opening it up for us to beta test - and also for the cool game cards!

@gtx. I see your game card is working at VPForums. Did Noah fix that?

Still doesn't work for me.

Additional comments:

1) "Recommended Games" is misspelled on the game card site.

2) Is it possible to create a symbolic link on the FTP site for PinballFX2<>Pinball FX2? The file naming on my cab is slightly different.

Another question - how long before updated media shows up? I added a few wheels and backglasses to the Future Pinball media folder on the FTP but they still don't show up for me. Does the DB on the FTP need to be updated as well?