All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[SPECIAL BETA] GameEx Online

Tom Speirs

One of the new features of GameEx evolution will be an enhanced online portal where you browse your game library and remote control the software.

This new feature is being released early as it is being piloted and test driven with PinballX.

It will be a permanent feature of PinballX shortly but we are currently looking for you to test it out with a pre release of PinballX here: http://online.gameex.com/pinballxsetup.exe

The GameEx online site is http://online.gameex.com - online.gameex.com

Please give it a try if you consider yourself up to the job and post your findings in this topic.

Thanks. I hope you enjoy this new feature.

I need it tested before it goes into full production so please help.

Tom.

To use the feature set your forum login details in the setup wizard then once PinballX has started and been running for a few seconds it will login. You will see a pop up notification in the front end if login is successful.

Online instances can be remotely controlled live at online.gammex.com and you can also view your instance when PinballX is offline.

• Like 3

I like it!!!!!

Couple of comments/issues:

Comment: Is it possible to move the GameEx evolution login popup to scroll across the PBX bottom info bar?

Issue: On GameEx Online --> My Page - where are the images stored? I see a few that have 'No Image"?

Issue: I did click on a table (Theatre of Magic) and selected "Play This Game" and it started a diff table (Zen: Shaman). I did it a second time and it went to the correct table.

Z

@zeenon: I think the images are hooked into GamesDB, not connected to your local machine.

If there's not a solid way to contribute images and database info to gamesdb, there ought to be. :-)

@censored: It's probably a silly question, but you're using your forum login details right? Did you try clicking the button a couple times? I had to click logon twice before it logged me in finally (on Chrome if it matters).

As it's an early beta, Tom will have to look at the server logs and see what the deal is. I'm sure it's but a minor hiccup.

I'll un-ban you, I think you learned your lesson about trying to be helpful. :-)

@Tom: I think the user icon is being displayed from the old setup before you migrated your storage, my user icon has been changed a few times since Bowser. Just a heads up, since users who have come along since then are showing no avatar in their user page (like zeenon).

That gamercard looks real sharp!

Is it one stock background/font or is it skinnable? I was thinking about porting my Game Tagger plugin for GameEx over to PinballX, but if I can skin the stock card I will save the effort.

@zeenon: Of course you would be playing Funhouse... :P

• Like 1

@censored. Could you try now please? Do you have anything set or installed such as a proxy server that could be blocking the referrer url being passed?

Still cant login on onlime.gameex.com. I´ll try tomorrow if the login in PinballX works (My wife would kill me if I switch on the cab on 00:15).

No proxy or any other blocking things installed

The login on gameex.com is just for administration of the site.

Okay. Well my game card isn't updating. The beta ran fine, and seemed to connect okay. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll try the new version tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.