All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

KOFXIII I love to play thee, but GE doth smite thee

slavearm

So... it crashes when launched from GE but not outside of GE. I have disabled HideOS again (hide desktop), but it appears that the video the player is playing before launching the game out of GE never stops running. Is there a way to disable that for a specific title, so I can make sure that is not the issue. So after the game crashes, (before going to even the first screen) I get to see a black screen and hear the video of the demo in GE playing. So seems like something screwy going on there. I have tried disabling videos in KOF XIII with the launch with -v option. Still dies.

Any ideas would be awesome. Maybe just how to disable the preview video so I can narrow it down.

In order to disable the preview video, just remove the video from ..\GameEx\MEDIA\STEAM\VIDEO (it will be named according to the numeric Steam game ID). If the problem persists, there may be some helpful information to be seen in your log and/or runitgame.bat.