All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

READY PLAYER ONE

Draco1962

"READY PLAYER ONE" by Ernest Cline is the ebook I am currently reading thanks to my son. I encourage anyone that is a child or fan of the 80's, especially early personal computing, console, and arcade games through MMORPGs to read this book. I don't think it will disappoint!

• Like 3

A lot of the story actually revolves around Columbus... :)

As far as fifteenth century Portuguese explorers go, I've always been more of a Magellan man myself. (Totally kidding - I knew what you meant. Go Buckeyes! Although I am serious about the explorer thing. Magellan > Columbus)

Well, I finished the book and have to say that I was impressed and it took me for a modern day ride through my geeky PC and console past! My only complaint is that the book ended too soon.

• 1 year later...

@ Draco > I want to thank you for suggesting Ready Player One ! I've just finished reading this book and it was a blast !! A trip down to do memory lane. I encourage every fan of classic arcade gaming to read this book :)

Thanks again Draco ^_^:)

• 1 year later...

I might get the audio book. Looks like it's read by Wil Hweaton. (Note the emphasis on the H ^_^)

Did you manage to find an audio version of this? Seems Amazon shows a preview with no option to buy and tells me to use Audible which I installed on my iPhone for it to tell me that I can't purchase it through this app. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually enjoy reading and listening to the book at the same time. I get more into the stories that way. Especially if there is music/sound effects and the reader is able to portray characters with different voices. A lot of Star Trek and Star Wars books are prime examples. Since I'm still reading/listening to the Song of Ice and Fire books (Game of Thrones), it'll be a few more months till I'm ready for this (still have a half book to go, then another one (then another one he's not finished writing yet)), but it's next on my list. The Roy Dotrice readings of SOIAF is so good in fact, that he's won awards because of all the characters he's able to portray (and come back to later in the book still sounding the same). When I READ read, rather than just listen, I tend to get lazy eyed and wander, easily become distracted, and then end up putting the book down rather than finish the page/chapter/book. I've ended up starting and not finishing DOZENS of books that way. Audio is so much more direct I think.