All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] DMD hidden behind backglass

Witse

Hi Everyone

I have been having a few problems getting PinballX running but I'm glad to say that I am almost there ;)

I have come across what I think is the last hurdle which is proving to be a hard nut to crack.

When I load a table in PinballX / Visual Pinball the DMD loads on the second screen but is then hidden behind the backglass image.

I am able to get the DMD to the front by alt / tab, However the DMD will not remain in that position after I close and reopen the table.

I have tried moving the DMD after bringing it to the front then clicking on the playfield and then back on the DMD before closing the table as suggested in another post but that did not work either.

Please if anyone has any ideas on how I could approach the issue your input would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Witse

Hi again

I had the problem with the DMD not staying in the place I left it but that issue has been solved.

My screens are configured the correct way round with the playfield as display 1 to the left of the backglass which is set to display 2.

I have the latest Pinmame cab software downloaded yesterday from VPforums.

I have used game manager to unhide the DMD and Backglass in all tables.

I have both exe files to run as admin.

I just don't know what to try next.

From what I can tell the DMD loads first, as it's the first thing I see on any screens when Visual Pinball starts. Then the backglass appears covering over the DMD image and hiding it from view. One press of f3 returns the DMD to the correct position but after exiting the table it does not save in this position. The next time you load the table the same thing occurs.

Can anyone suggest a method of delaying the DMD from loading until the backglass has appeared?

This is the only thing I can think of that I have not tried :(

That's for taking the time to read my post.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I'm desperate to have this working correctly before I can finish my cabinet.

Kind regards

Witse

Do you run PinballX as admin?

What backglasses do you use? b2s, uvp or other?

Do you use that special Cab Version of vpinmame?

please post your pinballx.ini and log.txt

You can also try this ahk script (launch it before starting PinballX):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6g55go3onm369d/VpmToFront.rar

Hiya

That script u link to I have already tried. It makes the dmd appear but the backglass disappears?

Everything running as admin.

I use db2s backglasses now but this happens with uvp too.

I can't post the script now but will try to later ;)

The version of pinmame I use is marked as the cabinet version.

Can´t imagine that it would help, but try disabling (hide) the b2s DMD in the b2s settings and set the "normal" DMD to visible.

also set "DMD enabled" to no in the PinballX settings (because of the 2 screen setup)