All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Game Manager limitations only 465 tables will load

scrivy

Recently I have changed over to Pinballx from Hyperpin utilizing the same database for Hyperpin and installing it into Pinballx. I use a very neat and tidy database everything looks like the below example. There are no special characters to muck things up. Once I read the database into "Game Manager.exe", and made one change to it and saved it, the database was rebuilt with the new fields added like the example below, except 100 tables were omitted. I have 565 tables but "Game Manager.exe" will only read 465 tables into it so any attempt to make a change using this program, leaves a newly written database with 100 tables missing. This of course is dangerous and I am glad I retained a copy of the original so I decided to try an experiment. I created another XML file with the remaining 100 tables, executed "Game Manager.exe" to read in the remaining 100 and all of them read into the program perfectly. I then made a change to a record and saved the XML file. Now I had two separate XML database files so I manually combined both of them into a single "Future Pinball.xml" file and started up Pinballx. All 565 tables were there working perfectly so why does "Game Manager" have this limitation is my question? Is this a known bug?

<game name="2001 (Gottlieb 1971)">
<description>2001 (Gottlieb 1971)</description>
<manufacturer>Gottlieb</manufacturer>
<year>1971</year>
<type>EM</type>
<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
<hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<rating>0</rating>
</game>
<game name="24 (Stern 2009)">
<description>24 (Stern 2009)</description>
<manufacturer>Stern</manufacturer>
<year>2009</year>
<type>SS</type>
<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<rating>0</rating>
</game>
<game name="24 MOD (Stern 2009)">
<description>24 MOD (Stern 2009)</description>
<manufacturer>Stern</manufacturer>
<year>2009</year>
<type>SS</type>
<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
<enabled>True</enabled>
<rating>0</rating>

There have been several threads open on the subject and it is a known limitation of the current Game Manager. The author is aware and presently working on several other projects that have a higher priority at the moment but I am sure he will eventually try to address this.