All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Only actual ROM names display on front end

borgmeister

Hello:

My front end displays only the actual ROM name and not the actual game name. Based on my Google search on GameEX and this topic; I narrowed it down to needing a map file with proper settings.

Here are my two problems.

1. I can login in to the GameEX forum site, but not the GameEX website.

2. I found the support files section at the GameEX website; but cannot download any files (yes, I was NOT logged in at the time, so presume that is why I get a return webpage that says: "403 - Forbidden" (which occurred when I tried to get this which I also need:

Controls.ini
Provides information about the controls used by MAME games
Allows GameEx to create and display a control panel for games.
http://fe.donkeyfly.com/controls/controls.php

3. Regardless, I did not see any map files in this section. I have .151 Roms at this time.

Any help is appreciated.

It sounds like you're trying to setup MAME as a "standard" emulator. GameEx has several features dedicated especially to MAME, but you need to configure it through the MAME Settings section in the Setup Wizard.

If you believe you have done that, but are still experiencing a problem please upload a copy of your GameEx.ini, and we can investigate further. This thread contains instructions on how to do that. Thanks!

• Like 1

It sounds like you're trying to setup MAME as a "standard" emulator. GameEx has several features dedicated especially to MAME, but you need to configure it through the MAME Settings section in the Setup Wizard.

If you believe you have done that, but are still experiencing a problem please upload a copy of your GameEx.ini, and we can investigate further. This thread contains instructions on how to do that. Thanks!

Also to get the most out of GameEx's wonderous MAME features you will need the support files for your particular version (.151).

MAMEinfo.dat

catver.ini

history.dat

command.dat

controls.ini

nplayers.ini

(none of these are essential, but will enhance your experience greatly)

It's important the version of these files match your romset, and most of all that your MAME version matches your romset! In other words - if you have .151 romset, it's crucial you have a working .151 MAME executable. Once that is determined to be true then you can experience MAME to its fullest using the (.151) support files listed above :)

If after updating those files I dont see any games after the letter C, which one is screwed up?

Answer: The .152a history.dat file has some issues in the entry after Carn Evil. (last game that shows up right. ) . That is the only version listed. I think I found the corrupted character in CarnEvil, but I sent my notes off to the arcade-history folks to take a look at.

</Thread JacK>