All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

First post in a non-"help me" thread. This sub-forum is awesome.

I am definitely going to hang out in this forum more if you guys have high score competitions.

Came close to Han's Score, but no cigar. I beat the tar out of my default dip switch setting scores though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0dxjp2zz5i7m93/timeplt.png

Edit: Spoke too soon!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03m9wlt5xsot1d3/timeplt%20%283%29.png

• Like 3

Hello murve33 !

First of all, welcome to the GameEx Community and thank you for joining our Hi-Score Competition :)

Congrats on your great Time Pilot hi-score. Puts you in the #1 spot !!

I've sent you a personal message (see little envelop at the top right section of your screen) about our Hi-Score competition. If you have any questions about our competition you can always sent me a PM :)

Thank again for joining our Hi-Score Competition and good luck playing our hi-score games ;)

GimmeClassics (GC)

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB

Just a heads up murve33! You can play in ANY of our games, not just Time Pilot. With each score you post, you increase your stats on our Overall Leaderboard. Also, don't forget about our current GOTM (Game of the Month) Toobin'. If you win 1st place, you get a shiny badge you can add to your signature to show you've got what it takes! And welcome to our little corner of the community! Glad to have you.

I'm so incredibly bad at Toobin' so I'll leave that to the pros. So, I can still play Pang or Rygar and get points toward the leaderboards but not badges or game-of-the month champion status?

I'm so incredibly bad at Toobin' so I'll leave that to the pros. So, I can still play Pang or Rygar and get points toward the leaderboards but not badges or game-of-the month champion status?

Each hi-score game can be played constantly and even if it's not a "HIGH" score, you can still submit it and get points for your Leaderboard position. So even if you can't beat the #1 spot at Toobin' you could still submit your score and earn Leaderboard points ;)

A Hi-Score Game of the Month has the same rules and points scoring system as any hi-score game. However, after each month the Game of the Month winner will be rewarded with a 'champion banner' to add to their signature. The previous "Game of the Month" will become a regular hi-score game and can be played constantly and will still earn you points for our Leaderboard.

Only the Game of the Month winner will be awarded with a signature / badge. Awarding badges to a number one spot at a regular hi-score game is kind of hard to do because it changes everytime somebody beats the old score...but I'm always open for any new ideas about this :)

....And yes, you can still play Pang and Rygar, or any of our other games, to get points for the Leaderboard. You just won't be able to earn GOTM Winner status on those games that were previous GOTM. Even if you beat the #1 spot on a previous GOTM game, the original winner will still hold that honor since the score was submitted during that month.

So, do I get to choose a favorite game for February?

DazzleHP is chosen for this month's free game because he is (per February 1st) in the next spot on our Leaderboard past the other players who have already submitted their personal favorite game (not counting myself ;)).

So just keep playing our games and you have a good chance to be the next in line to choose your favorite game ;)

I'm still shaky on the differences in rules for these games and the GOTM.

What do you exactly mean by this ?

A Hi-Score Game of the Month has the same rules and points scoring system as any hi-score game. However, after each month the Game of the Month results will be published in our Game of the Month Winners thread and the winner will also be rewarded with a 'champion banner' to add to their signature. After each month the previous "Game of the Month" will become a regular hi-score game and can be played constantly to earn you points for your Leaderboard position.

Please feel free to ask If you have any other questions.

So Toobin' was January's Game-of-the-Month and Time Pilot was January's...?

Each month you can vote your favorite game in our monthly poll. The game which receives the most votes will become Game of the Month. It's just a game that gets highlighted during an entire month and gives you the possility to earn a signature banner. Other than that same rules apply as any other hi-score game.

Toobin' was voted Game of the Month of January. Because ExedExes has the top score as of January 31st he wins the Game of the Month edition of January and receives a signature banner. As of February 1st Toobin has been changed to a "regular" hi-score game. You can still submit scores for Toobin and receive Leaderboard points. Each game can be played constantly and will still earn you points for your Leaderboard based upon your hi-score position at that particular game. (As of now) a signature banner can only be earned by those who win the Game of the Month edition.

Time Pilot was introduced to our competition as a favorite game of Ehuonder. We give our hi-score contestants a chance to pick to favorite game to be added to our competition as a "regular" game. Score can be submitted and will earn you points for our Leaderboard just as any other game.

I hope this clarifies your questions :)

Time Pilot, a game I've known and loved forever. I've looped this one a few times before. I also play it on the Game Boy Advance as part of the Konami arcade collection.

ExedExes - 152,400 - Settings were confirmed as correctly used on MAMEUI32 0.141

post-25936-0-11510500-1391399660_thumb.p

Time Pilot, a game I've known and loved forever. I've looped this one a few times before. I also play it on the Game Boy Advance as part of the Konami arcade collection.

ExedExes - 152,400 - Settings were confirmed as correctly used on MAMEUI32 0.141

We have a new top pilot !! Nice score B)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Attention murve33; something GC forgot to mention... if you have a list of games you'd like to see added to our competition, you CAN request them in our POLL thread, and we'll get them added to the polls eventually. Each month is a new set of games recommended by everybody, so you can add yours anytime you like.

Attention murve33; something GC forgot to mention... if you have a list of games you'd like to see added to our competition, you CAN request them in our POLL thread, and we'll get them added to the polls eventually. Each month is a new set of games recommended by everybody, so you can add yours anytime you like.

Thanks for clarifying Han ;) As you've already said, we'd love to receive new game suggestions :)

Well, like most of us I'm sure, I don't get to play as much as I'd like... but since I requested this game, I thought I should make time to play it!!! Here's my score: 208,000, with DIP settings as instructed.

Nice to see you back Ehuonder !! You're welcome anytime :)

I'm still trying to beat your Donkey Kong hi-score....a real challenge ;)

That's a killer Time Pilot hi-score man !! Puts you in the #1 spot !!

Updated OP, DB, RSS, LB