All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] Helpman's Arcade Classics v2 now available :D

helpman

Hi there!

Finally I found out why I had problems uploading my theme. The name was "Helpman's Arcade Classics", and I guess that (') was messing it all...

Now it's available for everybody :D

http://www.gameex.com/themes/Helpman%20Arcade%20Classics%20v2.zip

Helpman%20Arcade%20Classics%20v2.jpg

Helpman's Arcade Classics Theme by Helpman
Size: 1024x768
Inspired by - Arcade84 from LarryJ
Special thanks to KRC for his awesome system logos :D
Backgrounds for:
Start Screen
MAME
Visual Pinball
Future Pinball
Nintendo entertainment system
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Sega Master System
Sega Megadrive / Genesis
Playstation
Model 2
Zinc
Includes The games that time forgot Intro video from Cinemarcade
It also includes system preview videos for Mame, Nes, Snes, N64, SMS, Genesis, Model 2, Zinc, Playstation, Pinball and Future Pinball.
Also includes PSD file for editing in PhotoShop and some arcade fonts
Editing the psd: There's a common background for everything, and different overlays for each system. Remember to save the overlays without background :D
  • Like 4

Grats man glad you got it all sorted out! :)

You think you could do a version without this feature, oh & the text on the left in English please.

I believe helpman included his .PSD files so you could load it into an image editor - say GIMP for example, make the scanline layer invisible and save over the top of the relevant overlay/foreground ;) Do that a few times and you'll have your own version with no scanlines :)

I don't have photoshop on my pc so can't amend it or I would :-(

GIMP (Google it!) is an open source, FREE graphics editing program that has many features similar to Photoshop (upgradeable via various user created plugins) and it will render from .psd (Photoshop) and save to many of the same formats. Give it a try!

The scanlines are on a layer you can easily turn off on any picture editor supporting PSD files.

also the text on the left is inside a group so you can change it or delete it. (after all, I made that to suit my cabinet, where I had to press a button then use the joystick for volume or paging.

Even the text for the favourites or last games is editable warp text. (it's in spanish on my theme). You can just type anything there too :D

I just opened my own psd and saved a couple pictures for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zra5p7xw843shru/MEDIA640.zip

Grab that file and unzip it inside my theme's folder. It'll overwrite some pictures on the MEDIA folder.

I just saved the front pictures, with 640x480 resolution. I also removed the controls text, changed the titles of favourites, most played, last played logos to english, and... adjusted the scanlines effect so it won't look so weird on that resolution.

Please test it :D

GIMP (Google it!) is an open source, FREE graphics editing program that has many features similar to Photoshop (upgradeable via various user created plugins) and it will render from .psd (Photoshop) and save to many of the same formats. Give it a try!

He shouldn't have to Google it, Nullpointer provided a link for gimp. Twice. :)

just grab my zipped file and try :D I provided a link to the pictures without text on the left, text titles of some screens in english and scanlines fixed to look better in 640x480 (actually those pictures are 640x480 to make sure they won't be scaled down and create a flickering effect) :D

The scanlines are 3:1 if anybody's curious. I think it creates the best look :D

Attached one of the screens for you to check out :D The zipped file is on my previous post :D

post-14523-0-54287000-1388861625_thumb.p

I would suggest you to use the theme editor for that, as it's VEEEEEERY easy to change the font. Just go to the theme editor, open my theme and select any text field. You'll see options to change it for any font you have installed :D