All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Plugin Manager Error

Koop

I'm having trouble with my plugin manager. I want to use the Xpadder plugin, but when I select the Xpadder plugin and click "configure" in the plugin manager I get an error saying "unhandled exception has occurred in your application..." (see attached photo). If I click "Quit" the application will close, but if I click "Continue" the Xpadder plugin will launch, but there are no emulators to choose from in the drop-down menu.

This is a new installation of GameEx on a fresh Windows 8 install (I just upgraded my OS from Win XP to Win 8 and let me tell you it is such a nice upgrade to not have to deal with that old OS on this machine anymore). When I installed GameEx on this computer I carried over my settings and configuration files so it's not exactly a "fresh" installation of GameEx. Any ideas what's causing this error? Thanks.

post-8652-0-89697900-1388328232_thumb.pn

log.txt

GameEx.ini

@Koop - Please download and try Xpadder Plugin version 1.1.8 from here and report back. I believe that there were some bug fixes for this kind of error.

I actually already had 1.1.8 on my system (I installed the latest GameEx version and then imported my config files). However, I downloaded that file and it fixed my problem. The list now populates with emulators. I haven't gotten it to work in MAME yet, but that's a different problem that I'll work on now.

This topic is resolved. The new file worked. The last problem I was having in my last post was that I wasn't using the MAME executable that I created to allow direct input (I think that's what was special about this mame.exe). However, using this version of mame.exe has finally made clear to me the reason for another problem I've been having where both of my spinners are recognized as 1 device. I've already started a thread for that topic here, so I'll continue to seek help there. Thanks for your help.

Good to know and glad you got it sorted. The log.txt file you provided showed version 1.1.7 of the Xpadder plug-in. I am sure that Tom will verify what version was with the latest GameEx and update with the next release.

Yeah, if you're updating that, your MAME games should populate also now.

Thanks Tom for doing that update for me. I didn't mention it, so you didn't forget. :-)