All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[GUIDE] PCSX2 / PCSX2Launch setup with individual games settings

Another share, given found a simple way to achieve this. May save someone some time...

Scenario: A lot of PS2 games require different settings from each other to run properly (e.g. different graphics settings; speedhacks and shaders). Thus - need a way to boot each game from gameex with individual settings.

Solution:

Download and install PCSX2.

Download and place PCSX2Lunch (a launcher) into your PCSX2 folder: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2Lunch-a-simple-launcher-for-PCSX2

TIP: Set all your default settings in the default profile before adding isos to PCSX2Lunch (e.g. - set your screen resolution in the GDSX plugin and configure your controls)

Add your games to PCSX2 Lunch:

pcsx2lunch.png

It will provide you with a serial number (in column serial)

Rename your roms to include the serial number enclosed in square brackets. Doesn't matter where in filename. This must be in the format: [AAAA-00000] - don't forget the dash! E.g.:

ps2files.png

At this point, you may have to re-link your files to the PCSX2Lunch launcher (you'll click Normal Start or Config Start on a game - it'll prompt you for the file location - just locate and it'll be fine the next time)

Create this Batch file, edit the file locations to match your own and save in PCSX2 folder as "PCSX2_LUNCH_LAUNCH.bat":

@echo off

:: Script to launch Pcsx2Lunch with serial number from bracketed serial
:: By Stigzler

:: User Variables - SET HERE!

:: Location of pcsx2Lunch
set plunch=C:\Emulators\PS2\PCSX2 1.0.0\PS2Lunch_1_3ce

:: Fetch filename from bat run
set file=%1
set file=%file:~1,-1%

:: Extract Serial
:: set file=%file:~-12%

:: Extract Serial via brackets
for /f "tokens=1,2,3 delims=[]" %%a in ("%file%") do set gname=%%a&set gserial=%%b&set gremain=%%c

echo %gname%
echo %gserial%

:: Run PCSX2Lunch with game
cd %plunch%
PS2Lunch.exe %gserial%

In your PS2 GameEx setup, do the following:

Screenshot%20-%2027_12_2013%20%2C%2022_5

Obviously, changing you paths/filenames to those relevant to your setup. And that's it.

Basically, the batch file extracts the serial number from the filename and this is sent to PCSXLunch, which in turn, applies the individual settings for the game and launches it.

Hope this helps someone. :)

• Like 3