All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Unity3d Pinball Alpha and PinballX

rockyrocket

• 2 weeks later...

For my part with 1.76 I can get the table to display after few second my only concern is that I need to use the mouse then click on the playfiled to be able to insert coin and start table...

Other then that PINBALLX doing a good job.

Found some time basically by not doing what I am supposed to today :rolleyes: .

Managed to fix the focus problem (at least for myself) by making an AHK file that sends some mouse clicks to the center of screen one with some sleeps in between.

The script is attached and again the settings that work for me are shown in a screenshot.

As a side note to associate the .udp files I had to set the path to the EXE in the registry before win7 would let me do it?.

You dont really need to do this but its how I have things workng in GameEx and sometimes its nice to be able to doubleclick a tablefile to open it.

Also attached is a unit3d manufacturers logo if anyone wants one.

Any possibility to have the AHK version of this "Unit3D Focus" for my personal use and the pleasure to see what is running under my hood. :)

Thanks in advance.

Any possibility to have the AHK version of this "Unit3D Focus" for my personal use and the pleasure to see what is running under my hood. :)

Thanks in advance.

I will have a look for it if you like, but I think the latest update to pinballX has rendered it unnecessary - try it without and see if you still need it?.

Not sure if you know this, but a neat trick is that sometimes you can open AHK exe`s with 7Zip then dig around to find the script in plain text.

Nope the version 1.76 is not doing the job. I still need your compiled "Unit3D Focus" but like I said it wont kill anybody to see the original AHK script to help the scene ...Otherwise I will have to create my own version and I will loose precious time for something that already seem to work pretty well... Bahhh!!! I'm sure that you can do a small afford and release an AHK script that is far better and really risk less for everyone that freak about security concern with compiled AHK to exe so easy to hide stuff. :) Thanks in advance.

Well I can not find the original, however I downloaded the compiled one and pulled it apart with 7zip - opened the RCDATA folder then opened the AUTOHOTKEY SCRIPT file within using Notepad++ to reveal the following text...

#NoEnvCoordMode, Mouse, WindowSendMode Input#SingleInstance ForceSetTitleMatchMode 2DetectHiddenWindows On#WinActivateForceSleep, 9000Click, 822, 521 Left, DownSleep, 100Click, 822, 521 Left, UpSleep, 3000Click, 822, 521 Left, DownSleep, 100Click, 822, 521 Left, UpSleep, 3000Click, 822, 521 Left, DownSleep, 100Click, 822, 521 Left, UpExitApp

Please feel free to do this yourself to alleviate your concerns.

• Like 1

#SingleInstance force
SetTitleMatchMode 2
DetectHiddenWindows On
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

checkprocessagain:
Process, wait, Unit3D Pinball.exe, 5.5
NewPID = %ErrorLevel%
if NewPID = 0
goto checkprocessagain

IfWinNotExist, ahk_class UnityWndClass
WinWait ahk_class UnityWndClass
WinActivate, ahk_class UnityWndClass
MouseGetPos, xori, yori

loopagain:
IfWinNotActive, ahk_class UnityWndClass
WinActivate, ahk_class UnityWndClass
MouseMove, %xori%, 100
sleep 500
MouseGetPos, xpos, ypos

If ypos = %yori%
goto loopagain

MouseClick, left, 1, 1
sleep 50
Mousemove, %xori%, %yori%

Thanks just for that you have all my confidence ;) hehehe I made one myself for my personal use so I will post it in case anyother need it in the future but I already can see that yours is a lot more simple ...I'm not really a good script coder :~)

Its interesting that 1.76 fixes it for me - as just before upgrading I turned off windows Aero and set windows basic as my theme to fix the Actual windows manager stuff.

Wonder if Aero is to blame for the focus stuff? - is Aero applied later like a shader or something that would be seen as another layer IDK?.

Since killing Aero and upgrading I am still seeing the VP editor loading on the desktop in PinballX though - I miss the "hide desktop" option in GameEx

Yep I think you are right Aero is for some reason part of the problem. Bahh... with this small script it's doing what I need so it's not really a problem currently but should be nice to find out if it's fixable without the need of script. could be less pain in tha ass for other users that simply don't know what is Aero hehehe.

things that I would like implemented in next version of Pinballx

1: When "S" is used for screen grab simply check if the file exist in Playfield imagine if not dump in the right place if YES dump in temp folder same for "B" and backglass

2: while in selection menu allow a key to rotate picture and fix the picture itself permanently. Or at least have a config part to chose the grab rotation for of each them Playfield and backglass

3: Ability to do video grab of PLayfield and Backglass without the need to use tool such Frap or Camtasia

4: Ability to select only the 1 Pinball list for example if I want only VP or only FP or only Unit3D without the need to create a copy of the list desired like when I want only "Visual Pinball" I have to copy "Visual Pinball.XML" to "Only Visual Pinball.XML" and select this unique list from the menu. (maybe there is another way to do it but I don't find it !)

Sorry for my miserable English writing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am one of the two developer of Unit3D Pinball.

Just came to say that I tested quickly and having the same issue: UP is running in background but no display.

Tom: I guess that it is because you start simulators using a AHK script or similar: UP is looking for window handle and can't find it. We had to trick our Unity engine to fake fullscreen and this was the only way to do it. Contact me directly if you'd like us to make some changes.

Cheers!

YES!!!! I'm not going crazy hahahahaha

BilboX, out of curiosity when you alt tab do you see U3D? I don't, I only see it in task manager. I know it's running because I hear the sounds and see the DMD.

Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok I've tried looking here and on vpforums as well as on youtube. I can't seem to find an in-depth tutorial on setting up Unity3d and/or PinballFX2 in PinballX. I can get my Future Pinball tables to work and setup correctly. However, after I have setup the paths under "Other Systems" for both I don't see those systems show up when I am using the "Game List Manager". All I see is Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, and MAME. Am I missing a setting somewhere to get the "Other Systems" to show up in the Game List Manager? I would really like to get Unity3D and PinballFX2 to work with PinballX.

Thanks in advance for any help in this.

• 2 months later...

Despite disabling Aero and trying out the focus scripts in this thread. I could not get PinballX out of focus and bring up Unit3D. I'm using 1.86beta.

In this respect, it's just like PinballFX2 and TPA and just about any other system I've added that is not VP or FP. Instead of PinballX launching Unit3D directly I have to launch through a script. I wound up adapting rockyrocket's script to do the job.

This script is a bit of a cheat. I only have the one table installed and I am having the script launch it directly. Maybe the upcoming new release of Unit3D will make this script unnecessary.

#NoEnvCoordMode, Mouse, WindowSendMode Input#SingleInstance ForceRun, "c:\Games\Unit3D\Unit3D Pinball.exe" "c:\Games\Unit3D\TABLES\Dr Dude\Dr Dude.upt"SetTitleMatchMode 2DetectHiddenWindows On#WinActivateForceSleep, 9000Click, 822, 521 Left, DownSleep, 100Click, 822, 521 Left, UpSleep, 3000Click, 822, 521 Left, DownSleep, 100Click, 822, 521 Left, UpSleep, 3000Click, 822, 521 Left, DownSleep, 100Click, 822, 521 Left, Upprocess, WaitClose, Unit3D Pinball.exeExitApp
[system_5]
Name=Unit3D
Enabled=True
SystemType=0
WorkingPath=C:\PinballX\Scripts
TablePath=
Executable=LaunchUnit3D.exe
Parameters=
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=
LaunchBeforeExecutable=
LaunchBeforeParameters=

Thanks all.

Hmm, I don't think so. I followed Zeenon's doc for installing PinballX.

Hardware and software is fully dedicated to the cab. I don't believe I have anything unusual with the setup compared to other people's builds.

Win 7 x64. Playfield screen is connected to a GTX 660. BG and DMD is connected to a GT 610. Latest stable drivers.

• 1 year later...

Hi. We managed to make PinballX work with Unit3D Pinball without any additionnal script. It will be available on the next release...

So does this apply to the beta then?

And if yes, how do I setup Unit3D with pinballx? Is there a guide or sth?

So does this apply to the beta then?

And if yes, how do I setup Unit3D with pinballx? Is there a guide or sth?

Same settings as with the Alpha, you just need to make sure that each table is in its own folder within the main "tables" dir.

Also make sure each folder is named the same as the .UDP file within, then point the gameslist manager to the .UDP file to create an xml.

Then I have found the settings in the screenshot below to work....

post-6857-0-74126800-1441816087_thumb.pn

Hope that makes some sense.

• Like 2