All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Table sound when browsing tables

gStAv

hi pal! wow, that's what I call a post :DYes, the GUI in M1/M1 bridge is great. I think this tool was done foremost MAME roms and as VPinMAME is part of MAME I guess some tables got supported when this tool got created. (I'm just guessing here though)

Don't think it is as easy as just editing in a game. Think I tried as the step function browsing the samples is pretty handy. but would be great if anyone with that knowledge could update the list to todays VPinMAME list :D

The other method is to simply replace the normal vpinmame.dll with a special modified one. also, this file is way old too which does not support later added tables either. 

when replaced the old one you have to register it by re-install vpinmame from the setup.exe

then from VPinmame you can runt test mode for a rom and press F1 (if I remember correctly) there you get a HEX type of browsing style player which play each stated position by hitting the space.

0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F is valid values. Then when I found a sample I recorded it "Record what I hear" from a wave recorder tool at the same time.

This is super slow method but I have extracted many great sounds this way for my "Launch Audio Project".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Many thanks for all your efforts, It took the sting out of what I thought was going to be a lengthy process.  A hassle free download of over 1,000 files in one hit and no much than half an hour to marry them up with their corresponding files on Pinball X. 

I did find some tables I have without audio and you did ask if this was the case, so if you could add these to your list please.

Here goes

Action (Chicago coin 1969)

Atarians (Atari 1976)

Atlantis (Gottlieb 1975)

Basketball (IDSA 1986)

Casanovo (Williams 1966)

Cosmic (Taito 1980)

Gemini 2000 (Taito 1982)

Hit the deck (Gottlieb 1978)

Hoe down (Allied Leisure 1978)

Joust (Williams 1983)

Kidnap (Kidnap (CIC Play 1986)

Lady Death (Geiger 1983)

L'Hexagone (Christian Automatic 1986)

Mac Galaxy (MAC 1986)

Mario Andretti (Gottlieb 1995)

Night Rider (Bally 1976)

Polar Explorer (Taito 1983)

Ski Jump (Zaccaria 1977)

Space city (Zaccaria 1979)

Speed Test (Taito 1982)

Stars (Stern 1978)

Super Nova (Gameplan 1980)

TX Sector (Gottlieb 1988)

Zira (Playmatic 1980)

Many thanks! 

Edited by devorian
revised 03/03/2019

• 2 years later...

Thank you D4ni3l, I haven't done any samples for quite some time (guess it was kinda kom complete anyways) ❤️ it warms my heart every time I see someone using the sound I did. Happy to contribute to the community. Cheers

• Like 1

Hi gStAv!
Can I take this opportunity to ask you a question?
Is it normal in PinballX when leaving a table that the music is not heard until I move to another?
Maybe that should be asked elsewhere but :)

Hey! No, I think it's all good asking here. Just that I don't remeber if you could set it to loop or not in the PinballX gui. Don't have a front end atm so can't test for you. I mainly did 35sec clip as I had the random selecting table option while idle and then it would play sound each new selection. Sorry, but that's my best answer from the top of my head here :P

Maybe stupid question, but all are your files located in /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/gStAv/Launch Audio  also on /-PinballX-/Media/Visual Pinball/Table Audio on th eFTP servers ?
So if people using Game List manager or PBX Database Manager  they can download them automaticlly ?

53 minutes ago, gStAv said:

Just that I don't remeber if you could set it to loop or not in the PinballX gui

As far I know, you cannot loop them. It is just a 1 time play until you switch table.
A feature request for Tom , to add a loop option would maybe a good idea

8 minutes ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Maybe stupid question, but all are your files located in /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/gStAv/Launch Audio  also on /-PinballX-/Media/Visual Pinball/Table Audio on th eFTP servers ?
So if people using Game List manager or PBX Database Manager  they can download them automaticlly ?

I havnt uploaded them to /-PinballX-/Media/Visual Pinball/Table Audio/ so that might be somebody else's doing, but I'm all for it though, so copy them to any directory needed ❤️

• Like 1